Thursday 12 May 2016

Civil War Premium Character: Spider-Man!

Greetings Agents,

Week 2 is now upon is in the Civil War event and there's a new premium character available! You can purchase Spider-Man for 995 Shards, and he'll help you get more arc reactors, armor plating & battle plans (4h task for each). Please find his task list at the end of this article!


Please note, this price is for early release of Spider-Man. He'll be freemium in a later event :) Spider-Man is introduced to the event with this quest from Iron Man...


Amazing Spider-Man!
Iron Man starts

Spider-Man: Thanks so much for inviting me to Avengers Academy, Mr. Stark!
Iron Man: Call me Tony. Actually, go ahead and call me Mr. Stark. Nobody else does. We'll roll with it until it gets weird...
Spider-Man: I just really admire your work, Mr. Stark. When you reached out to me after I won the science fair, I--
Iron Man: Sorry, I'm gonna cut you off, Peter. Not because I don't like you, but because the Mr. Stark thing is already weird. And yeah, I was impressed with you inverter invention. Pretty fancy for a school project.
Spider-Man: Thanks. Believe it or not, I made it mostly out of soup cans. I ate so much soup that month. Please don't offer me any soup...
Iron Man: I'm gonna offer you an internship. Eventually into Stark Industries, but first I need help here at Stark Tower while I deal with Hydra, and Cap, and all these girls who are always chasing me around. You know how it is...
Spider-Man: Yes?
Iron Man: Great. Well, I just remembered that if I don't reset my security system right now, we'll both be sliced to pieces by lasers, so think it over while I pretend to not be in a hurry...

Iron Man Do Super-Science, 3m


Iron Man: What do you think, Peter Parker? You wanna be Tony Stark's assistant?
Spider-Man: Will I get sliced to pieces by lasers?
Iron Man: Probably not/
Spider-Man: Can I leave anytime to visit my Aunt May if she needs me?
Iron Man: Absolutely.
Spider-Man: I'll take it! Is that what you're supposed to say when you get a job?
Iron Man: I have no idea.
Reward: 20 Vibranium

Team Spidey! (24h applies to quest, you can buy Spider-Man during the whole event)
Wasp starts

Wasp: You're Tony's new assistant!
Spider-Man: And you're Janet van Dyne. The Wasp. Sorry, I'm still not really sure what I'm supposed to call you guys. Every girl in my school wants to be like you...
Wasp: Really?!
Spider-Man: Sure. I mean, you're an awesome designer, you're super confident and tough, you have like a gajillion followers, you're...pretty.
Wasp: You're such a cute little goofball!
Spider-Man: Sorry...
Wasp: I'm a cute little goofball too!

Get Spider-Man! 995 Shards




Reward: 20 Vibranium


New School, New Problems Pt. 1

Loki: You're hiding something, Preston Porkchop.
Spider-Man: Hiding?! I'm not hiding anything! About anything!...Did you just call me a porkchop?
Loki: Perhaps.
Spider-Man: That's weird.
Loki: Is it, though?
Spider-Man: Yeah, it's definitely what I would classify as strange behavior.
Loki: You can't keep secrets from the prince of lies...
Spider-Man: Is that you? You're the price of lies? Is that a literal thing? Like there's a lie kingdom, and you're part of its royal family? You know what, I don't want to know. It's my first day, so I'm just gonna pretend like this never happened...

Spider-Man Sling Some Webs, 30m

Nick Fury: It's a school full of people with powers, Parker. No sense hiding them.
Spider-Man: You knew?!
Nick Fury: Of course. You did some nice work against those Sinister Six kids in Manhattan. I've had my eye on you...
Spider-Man: Do you make a lot of one eye jokes? Since you have one eye? Was that not purposeful wordplay? Should I shut my mouth right now?
Nick Fury: I'm not gonna blow your cover, but take it from me, secrets will eat at you. It's better to be honest. Tell people who you are, and what you know...
Spider-Man: I...am gonna walk away before I get myself in more trouble. Thank you for the advice. I'm sure I'll see you later. The I's in last sentence were just regular I's by the way. Not eye jokes...
Reward: 200 Vibranium 

New School, New Problems Pt. 2
Spider-Man starts

Iron Widow: I hear you're a photographer.
Spider-Man: How does everyone here know so much about me?
Iron Widow: I need some shots of the quad. Any Hydra pictures would be helpful, but detailed shots of the stonework is also good.
Spider-Man: Can I ask why?
Iron Widow: You could, but I would either lie or not respond.
Spider-Man: I appreciate your questionable honesty.

Spider-Man Get a Good Shot, 30m
Black Widow Search for Clues, 1m

Iron Widow: Nice photos. You should do this for a living instead of following Tony around.
Spider-Man: I sort of do it for a living. Not in the sense that I make enough to pay my bills with it, but in the sense that I'm still alive, and the little bit of money I make off of it is the one of the things that contributes to me still living.
Iron Widow: You talk a lot.
Spider-Man: I get nervous. I ramble. I can't stop myself. It's been described as witty banter.
Iron Widow: You should hang out with Wasp.
Spider-Man: I did for a little bit. She said we're both cute goofballs.
Iron Widow: She's right.
Reward: 20 Vibranium

New School, New Problems Pt. 3
Spider-Man starts

Iron Man: I need to deal with a Hydra thing, so check out my new armor design, and see if you can make any improvements. It's probably not possible since it's already awesome, but at Stark Industries we make awesome more awesome.
Spider-Man: Is that the company slogan?
Iron Man: I don't think so. I think I just made it up. Should it be the company slogan?
Spider-Man: I don't think so.
Iron Man: Fair enough. Put some awesome on that awesome, and I'll be back after I save the world...

Upgrade Spider-Man! 30 x Spider-Tracers (Special Event Missions), 10 x Web Cartridges (Special Event Missions), 30 x Vibranium Dagger (Defeat Hydra Thug Lvl. 1-3), 30 x Hydra Intel (Defeat Hydra Thug Lvl. 1-3), 9496 Vibranium
Spider-Man Invent Something, 3m

Iron Man: Did you come up with any ideas to improve my new armor?
Spider-Man: I think so. I've been working on something I call tracers. You could attach them to an enemy or an object to track its location. They could be modified to effect different alloys or fire out different frequencies.
Iron Man: Fancy bug.
Spider-Man: What?!
Iron Man: A bug. A listening device. But fancier, and more versatile. I like it. Finalize your design, and I'll have them make a million.
Spider-Man: Dollars?!
Iron Man: Tracers. Keep working on the name too...
Reward: 20 Vibranium


Spider Senseless Pt. 1
Spider-Man starts

Nick Fury: You gonna take me up on that advice to reveal your secret identity?
Spider-Man: I'm thinking abou--
Nick Fury: What's wrong?
Spider-Man: My spider-sense is tingling.
Nick Fury: I'm afraid to ask.
Spider-Man: It's a special sense that came with my spider powers. Hence the name. It means I'm in danger...
Nick Fury: Then you better commit to being a full-time hero, and get ready to fight...

Spider-Man Work on Your Aim, 1h

Nick Fury: That was terrible.
Spider-Man: I need more practice. I kind of thought it was so terrible it was good.
Nick Fury: You thought wrong. A positive attitude can take you far in life, but in our line of work, it's more important to be able to hit what you're aiming at.
Spider-Man: Well, the non-terrible news is that my spider-sense stopped tingling, so whatever was lurking around is gone for now.
Nick Fury: It'll be back, and more dangerous than before. That's the way things work around here...
Reward: 20 Vibranium 

Spider Senseless Pt. 2
Spider-Man starts

Scientist Supreme: Greetings, Peter Parker.
Spider-Man: Scientist Supreme? What are you doing here?
Scientist Supreme: Visiting a fellow genius. They tell me your IQ is well over 250. Seems like a shame to wasting all of that brainpower doing Tony Stark's laundry.
Spider-Man: Robots do his laundry...I deliver it to the robots sometimes...
Scientist Supreme: You deserve your own robots. Your own lab. The A.I.M. Institute can provide what you deserve. As well as financial compensation to ensure that your kind aunt will never have to fret about money again... 

Upgrade Spider-Man! 20 x Past Due Bills (Defeat Hydra Thug), 20 x Press Passes (Defeat Hydra Thug), 20 x Field Gear (Defeat Hydra Thug), 20 x Field Communicator (Defeat Hydra Thug), 19036 Vibranium


Spider-Man Visit the A.I.M. Institute! 3h

Scientist Supreme: Have you decided to leave Avengers Academy for the A.I.M. Institute, and ensure a stable financial future for your family?
Spider-Man: Is it hot in that suit?
Scientist Supreme: It's air-conditioned.
Spider-Man: Does your skin get dried out from the constant air-conditioning? Do you have to moisturize a lot? Exactly how much moisturizer do you go through in a given week?
Scientist Supreme: What is the point of this?
Spider-Man: I was just buying time until I found the right way to tell you that I'm not going to attend your school, and I also wiped all the files with your designs for future inventions.
Scientist Supreme: You did what?!
Spider-Man: Sorry. It's just that you're obviously an evil, horrible person. And those inventions are worse. I mean, the thing with the huge head and the spider leg body? It's gross. Nobody likes spiders...
Reward: 20 Vibranium  


Typical Parker Luck Pt. 1
Spider-Man starts

Iron Widow: I haven't really seen you go out since you've been here.
Spider-Man: Yeah, I'm still adjusting. I don't wanna bump into the wrong person, and say the wrong thing, and next thing you know I'm getting tossed into the ocean by a Hulk. 
Iron Widow: Let's go on a date.
Spider-Man: ...
Iron Widow: First time you stopped talking since you got here. I'm gonna take your stunned silence as a yes.
Spider-Man: ...
Iron Widow: Okay. Meet me at the Archives when you're done being stunned... 

Spider-Man Date Black Widow?! 1h

Spider-Man: Can we do it again sometime?
Iron Widow: You're a nice guy, Peter. I just wanted to confirm that.
Spider-Man: What do you mean?
Iron Widow: I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but you're hiding something. I had to make sure it wasn't something that could endanger the Academy. I don't know what your secret is, but I'm convinced now that it's harmless.
Spider-Man: You were spying on me?
Iron Widow: Sorry. I didn't have a bad time, but it was more of an interrogation date for me.
Spider-Man: It's fine. I don't care. I date hot Russian spies all the time, so no big deal...
Reward: 20 Vibranium 

Typical Parker Luck Pt. 2
Spider-Man starts

Iron Man: What happened? 
Spider-Man: Black Widow interrogation dated me.
Iron Man: Oh, man. I've been there. It was still worth it though, right?
Spider-Man: Yes.
Iron Man: Take the day off, Peter. Do something you like to do. I'll handle things at Stark Tower. Or I won't. Either way, you don't worry about it... 
Spider-Man: Thanks, Tony.
Iron Man: No problem. I'm here to help you out, and provide a positive example for the next wave of super-scientists. Just like Professor Pym did for me... 

Upgrade Spider-Man! 30 x Past Due Bills, 30 x Press Passes, 40 x Field Gear, 40 x Field Communicators, 23506 Vibranium
Spider-Man Sling Some Webs, 30m
Spider-Man Get a Good Shot, 30m

Reward: 20 Vibranium 



What do you think of Spider-Man? Are you going to buy him now or wait for his freemium release later on? If you're interested, have a look at his phrases & actions below...

Kou.


Spider-Man's Actions

Invent Something, 3m, Stark Tower
Get a Good Shot, 30m, Avengers Halll
Sling Some Webs, 30m, Quad
Work on Your Aim, 1h, The Blasting Range
Test Arc Reactors, 4h, The Blasting Range, Rewards 1 Arc Reactor
Improve Troop Armor, 4h, Quad, Rewards 1 Armor Plating
Study Hydra Movements, 4h, Avengers Hall, Rewards 1 Battle Plans
Check on Aunt May - requires Spider-Man Rank 4
Dance Awkwardly - requires Spider-Man Rank 2
Do Your Homework - requires Spider-Man Rank 3
Mingle with S.H.I.E.L.D. - requires Spider-Man Rank 5
Pretend Not to Stare - requires Spider-Man Rank 2
See Who's Funnier - requires Spider-Man Rank 3
Test the Waters - requires Spider-Man Rank 2
Work in the Lab - requires Spider-Man Rank 5


Spider-Man's Phrases

It's your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man.
Don't move! This is gonna be the perfect shot.
Have no fear; Spidey is here.
Great, just more typical Parker luck. 
I get no respect.
It's easy being good when things are going good.
This place needs more skyscrapers.
If we're being honest, I can only do some of the things a spider can.
Say "Radioactive Cheese!"
I need to check on Aunt May.
With great power comes great responsibility.
Who are you calling "itsy-bitsy"?
I thought Manhattan was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment