Tuesday 21 June 2016

British Invasion Character Profile: Black Knight

Thought it'd be nice to keep the main weekly posts tidy and put the character upgrades and personal missions on a separate page! Let me know what you think... This is the page for a character who you can earn during the British Invasion event... Black Knight!


 
A Knight's Fail Pt. 1
Black Knight starts

Nick Fury: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Black Knight. I'm happy to have you here as long as you can keep control of the Ebony Blade.
Black Knight: Thank you, Sir Fury. I'm sworn to follow your command, and protect the kingdom of Avengers Academy.
Nick Fury: Just make sure you only stab the bad guys.

Black Knight Divide and Conquer, 30m

Taskmaster: Nice moves! I've never seen anybody swing a sword like that, but thanks to you, now I can swing my sword exactly like that.
Black Knight: Are you a knight?
Taskmaster: Like with armor and a horse?
Black Knight: Yes.
Taskmaster: No. Are you?
Black Knight: I think so sometimes...
Taskmaster: Thanks for the sword lesson, but you're weirding me out.
Reward: 20 Credits

A Knight's Fail Pt. 2
Black Knight starts

Wasp: Hey, Black Knight! I'm Wasp! Remember me from when you were crazy?!
Black Knight: I remember you well. You're a fierce combatant.
Wasp: Thanks! I want to help make sure you're having a great time at Avengers Academy!
Black Knight: Thank you, fair Wasp. I was just about to go on patrol with my steed to ensure the Academy is well protected.
Wasp: I totally love horses!

Black Knight Gallop Onward! 15m
Wasp Take Selfies, 1m

Black Knight: The Academy is safe and secure, but I'll remain vigilant!
Wasp: I haven't seen anyone ride a horse like that before...
Black Knight: You are too kind, fair Wasp!
Reward: 20 Credits 

A Knight's Fail Pt. 3
Black Knight starts

Iron Man: It seems like you're really into the knight thing right now, but I've always admired your work in physics, so I figured we could do some science...
Black Knight: Thanks, Tony. It would be great to get back to science.
Iron Man: Cool. Wasp was a little worried, but I told her you were probably just recuperating from the whole magical curse thing...
Black Knight: Absolutely. I feel better than ever. My heart has always been in the sciences.
Iron Man: Science bros!
Black Knight: Indeed! 

Upgrade Black Knight! 2348 Credits
Black Knight Slay Foul Technology, 15m
Iron Man Talk to J.A.R.V.I.S. 2h

Iron Man: You know we only have one normal computer for the whole student body...
Black Knight: It kept offering me free security, but the Black Knight is destined to provide the only security our kingdom needs! These computers are clearly possessed by foul demons!
Iron Man: Good work then I guess?
Black Knight: Knight bros!
Iron Man: I have always liked King Arthur...
Black Knight: I know that guy!
Reward: 20 Credits 


Master Swordsman Pt. 1
Black Knight starts

Black Knight: Let's work at the Asgardian Forge. Their magic is fairly comparable to modern science.
Iron Man: Sure. J.A.R.V.I.S. has been nagging me about building so many robots anyways...
Black Knight: Knight bros!
Iron Man: Why do I love catchphrases so much?!

Black Knight Practice Swordsmanship, 15m
Iron Man Drop the Hammer, 1m

Iron Man: That as awesome! I'm gonna make myself a laser sword!
Black Knight: It's been done.
Iron Man: Good point. I'll work on a laser hot tub.
Reward: 20 Credits 

Master Swordsman Pt. 2
Black Knight starts

Hank Pym: Black Knight! I'm always ecstatic to have another ingenious scientist at Avengers Academy!
Black Knight: I hear you're always ecstatic.
Hank Pym: That's science! You wield a magical weapon born from an ancient era, so you mat be our only hope for uncovering the mysteries behind the persistent time anomalies by diving into their existential innards!
Black Knight: That sounds weird and gross and dangerous and insane...
Hank Pym: That's science!
Black Knight: You just said that... 
Hank Pym: An exclamation is only valid if the results can be repeated!

Upgrade Black Knight! 62 x Avengers Textbooks (Mission Board), 53 x Saddles (Mission Board), 6115 Credits


Black Knight: Thank you for showing me the previous Black Knights. It's good to know that no one is impervious to the sword's curse.
Hank Pym: Insanity is not only relative, but a completely imaginary construct!
Black Knight: Obviously...
Reward: 20 Credits


My Time Has Come Pt. 1
Black Knight starts

Winter Soldier: Knight shines bright, but everything fades. Just like snowflakes on the Ebony Blade.
Black Knight: Did you write that for my sword?
Winter Soldier: I wrote it for the world in these dark times. I know what it's like to question who you really are.
Black Knight: Who are you?
Winter Soldier: Who are any of us? I asked Black Widow the same thing, and she said she would search for clues to help you find your true self.
Black Knight: Maybe she was trying to get rid of you...
Winter Soldier: Do you play the lute?
Black Knight: No.
Winter Soldier: It would be cooler if you did. 

Black Knight Question Your Sanity, 5m
Black Widow Search for Clues, 1m

Black Widow: I don't usually do this, but I wanted to let you know I'm here if you need to talk about anything that happened in your past...
Black Knight: Like when I tried to destroy our classmates?
Black Widow: It's understandable.
Reward: 20 Credits

My Time Has Come Pt. 2
Black Knight starts

Black Knight: Odin! My ancestor always spoke of you when I placed the Ebony Blade in the Brazier of Truth.
Odin: I get that all the time.
Black Knight: I know that I'm not an Asgardian knight, but I would be proud to serve you as my king.
Odin: Form your own kingdom, Black Knight. There are other realms to protect, and someday you will be king...

Upgrade Black Knight! 10382 Credits
Black Knight Organize Euroforce, 8h
Black Knight Divide and Conquer, 30m

Black Knight: I've found worthy warriors outside of the Academy to help me protect those who can't protect themselves, but what can we do that the Avengers can't?
Odin: The Nine Realms are changing. Worlds are colliding. Things are getting weird, as my pupils like to say. We need someone to protect this Weirdworld...
Reward: 20 Credits


King for a Day Pt. 1
Black Knight starts

Black Knight: Odin has charged me with the honor of protecting a realm called Weirdworld. It isn't the safest place, and I recognize that I'm not the most stable leader, but I'd be honored to have you at my side when the time comes...
Winter Soldier: The world is weird, and winter's cold. Our souls are dauntless, our hearts are bold.
Captain America: I guess I'm going if Bucky's going.
Loki: New realms means new opportunities for mischief...
Quake: Does this make us Team Weird or something?
Wasp: We're weirdos!

Black Knight Practice Swordsmanship, 15m
Wasp Have a Blast! 2m
Loki Wield Sorcery, 1m

Ares: Be careful, half-knight.
Black Knight: You know something about Weirdworld?
Ares: No, but I know everything about war. And I know that when they send a soldier someplace, sometimes it's just because they don't want you in this place...
Reward: 20 Credits

King for a Day Pt. 2
Black Knight starts

Odin: I understand your team is formed, so why haven't you used Professor Pym's portal to enter Wierdworld?
Black Knight: I feel like my destiny is here.
Odin: I hope you're right, Black Knight. And I suggest you hold on tightly to the Ebony Blade...

Upgrade Black Knight! 94 Textbooks (Mission Board), 82 Saddles (Mission Board), 17591 Credits


Black Knight Discuss Camelot, 1h
Black Knight Divide and Conquer, 30m

Black Knight: I don't know who to trust. I can't even trust my own weapon...
British Bulldog: ...
Black Knight: I could leave to protect Weirdworld. I could help Black Widow uncover Fury's secrets, I could focus on controlling the Ebony Blade...
British Bulldog: ...
Black Knight: You're right. The Avengers need me. My kingdom needs me. War is coming, and Weirdworld can wait...
British Bulldog: Woof!
Black Knight: Avengers Assemble!
British Bulldog: Woof?
Black Knight: Everything sounds better when Captain America says it...
Reward: 20 Credits


What do you think of the Black Knight? Were you able to recruit him? Take a look at his actions & phrases below!

Kou.




Black Knight's Actions

Practice Physics, 2m, Stark Tower
Question Your Sanity, 5m, Avengers Dorm
Gallop Onward! 15m
Practice Swordsmanship, 15m, The Asgardian Forge
Slay Foul Technology! 15m, The Timeless Archives
Order Another! 25m, Club A
Divide and Conquer, 30m, The Robo Dojo
Investigate Anomalies, 2h, The Quinjet Hangar
Engage in Fisticuffs, 6h, Avengers Dorm
Discuss Camelot - Rank 5
Organize Euroforce - Rank 4
Study Genetic Engineering - Rank 5
 

Black Knight's Phrases 

The ebony blade is with me.
The academy is my kingdom.
Chivalry is here.
The Black Knight has returned.
Let's get medieval.
Find me a horse!
Don't ever touch my sword.
My honor is in tact.
There can be only one.
I have a tradition to uphold.

No comments:

Post a Comment