Friday 22 July 2016

Spider-Man Act Two: Episode Five

Evening Spider-Men!

Act Two of the Spider-Man Special Event is now live and Mysterio is planning to attack the Academy! Act Two ends on Monday, August 8 at 6 PM EDT!


Not pictured: Spider-Gwen's Portal, Electro Bobblehead and... Venom??

NEW EVENT AREA:





A couple of notes on characters:

Firstly, if you didn't recruit Spider-Man in Act One, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 25 PressPasses
- 10 SpiderTracers
- 45 Newspapers
- 200 Klyntarites (Special Event Missions)

Secondly, if you defeat Mysterio 7 times before the end of Episode 5, you will be able to recruit Electro immediately. Episode 5 ends on July 27 at 6pm EDT.

Finally, for information on Spider-Man 2099 and his associated quests, please see here.


New Items in the Shop

Sonic Detonator Producer, 295 Shards - Drops 4 Sonic Detonators every 12h
Huge Sonic Detonator Producer, 795 Shards - Drops 12 Sonic Detonators every 12h
Klyntarite Segment, 195 Shards - Drops 150 Klyntarite every 12h
Klyntarite Slab, 295 Shards - Drops 250 Klyntarite every 12h
Klyntarite Meteor, 495 Shards - Drops 600 Klyntarite every 12h 

 
QUESTS

Who Let the Symbiotes Out?!
Iron Man starts

Spider-Man: Oscorp has been using portals to experiment on alien Symbiotes. I'm gonna break into their labs, and send the Symbiotes back to their home planet before they can escape, and conquer Earth.
Iron Man: You need any help?
Spider-Man: Yeah, I need you to shut down their security long enough for me to get in and out.
Iron Man: Fine, but I told you that when someone asks if you need help, you're supposed to say no. The more you need help, the more annoyed you act when they ask. Sometimes I wonder if you really memorized Tony Stark's rules for super-scientists...

Iron Man Do Super-Science,
3m
 
Reward: 10 Klyntarites 


A Piece of Klyntar
Iron Man starts

Iron Man
: Oscorp was keeping meteors from the Klyntar home planet in the tub with the Symbiotes, and you exploded them all over the place. We can figure out how to defeat them if we collect enough Klyntarites.
Spider-Man: Klyntarites?
Iron Man: You have a better name?
Spider-Man: Symbeteors?
Iron Man: ...
Spider-Man: I combined Symbiotes and meteors.
Iron Man: I'm looking at you, but I'm no longer listening.

Collect 70 Klyntarites!

Venom
: The superhumans are gathering their forces, and searching for our weaknesses. We need to feed off of their emotions and bodies, and use their powers to conquer this planet.
Carnage: I told you we need to just run on down there and kill 'em all.
Venom: We heard you the first twenty-five times you said it...
Carnage: Hey, don't be blamin; me 'cuz I'm a slick-looking remorseless murder machine, and you're just a dumb slobber-tongue chuck o' charcoal.
Venom: We should end you before you do something to interfere with out plans. We're still hungry. We're always hungry...
Carnage: A killin' contest?! Now you're talkin' my language, slobber tongue! Yeeeeeeeee-haw!
Reward: 10 Klyntarites


Get Off My Quad!
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man
: From what I can tell, the Symbiotes are vulnerable to fire and intense sounds. I'll see if I can find some Sonic Detonators to help us get rid of them...
Wasp: AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!
Spider-Man: ...
Wasp: Was that intense enough to destroy 'em all?
Spider-Man: No, but it did hurt my ears.
Wasp: Order some cute earmuffs, Spider-Man. This is war...

Learn about Hero Traits! 


Defeat a Symbiote Grunt! 


Requires 3 x Sonic Detonator (Special Event Missions)


Wasp
: Nice work! Your Sonic Whatevers worked even better than my battle cries!
Spider-Man: It didn't stop you from constantly screaming...
Wasp: Avengers don't give up. They just keep screaming ever louder.
Reward: 20 Klyntarites


Symbiote Assault!
Black Widow starts

Black Widow: I'm gonna help you get rid of these Symbiotes.
Spider-Man: I don't need your help.
Black Widow: Did Tony Stark tell you to always act like you don't need anyone's help?
Spider-Man: Maybe...
Black Widow: It's the one thing we have in common. Don't worry though, I'm gonna help you whether you like it or not.
Spider-Man: Thanks. I was freaking out on the inside...

Defeat 3 Symbiotes!

Carnage: They're wrecking our gang, slobber-tongue. I'm about to take this into my own hands...
Venom: Be patient, you bloodthirsty toddler. We have a plan.
Carnage: You wanna let me in on this plan, or are you and your alien just gonna whisper it all tenderly in each other's ears?
Venom: We'll let you know when you're no longer necessary...
Reward: 30 Klyntarites


Made You Look!
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: Mysterio!
Mysterio: A standing ovation would be more appropriate, but I'll accept your shocked expression. It's always important to make a dramatic entrance. 
Spider-Man: What are you doing here?
Mysterio: Taking advantage of my opportunity to step into the spotlight. Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin have always held me back. If they've given up on the Sinister Six, then I'll be the one to destroy Spider-Man!
Spider-Man: If you don't help us, the Symbiotes are gonna destroy everyone here...
Mysterio: Perhaps. Or perhaps I was never here at all. Maybe I'm just an illuuuuuuuuusion!
Spider-Man: Congratulations. You're officially the weirdest guy in the weirdest rogues gallery ever. 

Spider-Man Get a Good Shot, 30m
Black Widow Search for Clues, 1m
Loki Wield Sorcery, 1m

Black Widow: Who's your new weirdo?
Spider-Man: Mysterio. He's a special effects guy who became a wannabe actor who became a wannabe magician who became yet another person who enjoys trying to kill me.
Black Widow: It's tough being Spider-Man.
Spider-Man: I say that all the time!
Black Widow: How do we get rid of him?
Spider-Man: I'll figure something out to block the hallucinogenic gas he uses. In the meantime, just try to keep your eye on him. He's creep sneaky.
Black Widow: Then I guess we have to fight creepy sneaky with creepy sneaky...


Reward: 10 Klyntarites


The Magnifient Mysterio!
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: Give up, Mysterio. I invented special gas masks to filter out your hallucinogenic gas. You'll have to fight us straight up, and even you aren't delusional enough to think that's gonna work out well for you...
Mysterio: Can your gas masks stop my holograms? My spring-loaded boots? My lasers? My hypnotic aids? My cape's electric coils?
Spider-Man: Are those rhetorical questions, or are you genuinely curious?
Mysterio: It's a mystery!

Defeat Mysterio! 400 HP, requires 1 Gas Mask


Mysterio: You think you've won, but this is only a momentary misdirection. The real magic is yet to come!
Spider-Man: But you don't even do real magic. There are actual sorcerers here doing actual magic. You're just a tricky guy with a fishbowl on his head.
Mysterio: Can you be certain?
Spider-Man: Yes.
Mysterio: Mysterio wears spring-loaded boots. Do your sorcerers wear spring-loaded boots?
Spider-Man: I doubt it.
Mysterio: Then Mysterio is winning.
Reward: 10 Klyntarites 


End of Illusions!
Spider-Man starts

Mysterio: Who are you?
Spider-Gwen: Where I'm from, they call me Spider-Woman. Here, they call me Spider-Gwen. All that matters is I came all the way from another dimension to kick your dome in.
Mysterio: Duel to the death with a spider hero from an alternate universe? I can't imagine a better way to end my final performance...

Defeat Mysterio 2 times!


Spider-Gwen: I understand wanting to perform, but there's less painful ways to do it. Have you ever though about playing an instrument?
Mysterio: I've thought about every conceivable way to play the world like a fiddle.
Spider-Gwen: Whatever. If you're just gonna say lame Super Villain stuff, I'm gonna leave.
Mysterio: I'm pretty good with an accordion.
Spider-Gwen: For real?
Mysterio: We should jam sometime after I conquer the world.
Reward: 10 Klyntarites 

End of Illusions! Pt. 2
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: Amazing!
Reward: 10 Klyntarites 
 


The Light Show!
Spider-Man starts

Electro: Where's the court?!
Mysterio: I just broke you out of jail to help me reestablish the Sinister Six. Why would you want to go back to court?
Electro: Not that kinda court, reflector-head! A B-Ball court! I gotta show these fools my moves! Crossover! BAM! Fadeaway! Boom! Nasty Electro dunk! Pow! I gotta burn off this energy, and get more! More! MORE!
Mysterio: Sometimes I wish you were only an illusion...
Electro: Electro's the real deal, baby! Let's light this place up!

Defeat Mysterio 7 times!


Invite Electro!


Reward: 10 Klyntarites 


Web Warrior! (After A Piece of Klyntar)
Spider-Man starts


Spider-Ham: We need to save Spider-Woman!
Spider-Woman: Do I look like I need to be saved to you?
Spider-Ham: This alternate universe is so confusing. Not you! Her! Up there! In the Symbiote goop! Blond Spider-Woman! White hoodie Spider-Woman!
Spider-Woman: My sources say her name is Gwen. How about we call her Spider-Gwen?
Spider-Ham: Perfect! I fought with her once. She'll know how to stop the Symbiotes for sure! She's the best Spider-Woman in any universe!
Spider-Woman: Don't test me, Spider-Pig.

Invite Spider-Gwen! 100 Klyntarites



Spider-Man: You're...Gwen?
Spider-Gwen: And you're Peter Parker...
Spider-Man: You know me?
Spider-Gwen: Yeah. I mean, a version of you I guess. Do you know me?
Spider-Man: I used to. A different you. I miss that you...Maybe we should just focus on fighting the Symbiotes...
Spider-Gwen: It'll be nice to fight with you, Peter.
Spider-Man: Yeah. And it'll be weird...
Spider-Gwen: We've always been a little weird. We'll figure it out...
Reward: 20 Klyntarites




She's Back!
Wasp starts

Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Gwen! We're so glad you're free, and can help us fight the Symbiotes!
Spider-Gwen: Thanks! I'm all about fighting the Symbiotes, but where's the best place for me to play the drums and do Kung-Fu?
Pepper Potts: Honestly, people pretty much do whatever they want wherever they want...
Spider-Gwen: Why didn't anybody tell me about this universe earlier?!

Recruit Spider-Gwen!


- 30 Power Symbiote Samples (Defeat Powerful Symbiote Grunt L1)
- 7 Drumsticks (Get from Spider-Gwen's Drum Set in the Web of Wonders) 
- 30 Band Fliers (Special Event Missions) 
- 600 Klyntarites (Special Event Missions)


Venom: The one they call Spider-Gwen has joined the fight against us. We have to stop them before their forces continue to grow.
Carnage: I know we're evil partners and everything, but don't never tell me what to do, man.
Venom: No one is talking to you.
Carnage: Then why you keep sayin' "we?"
Venom: We're talking about ourselves. Eddie Brock and the Klyntar are one. We are Venom.
Carnage: I usually try not to judge since I'm a hillbilly homicidal maniac with an alien hangin' on him, but you're a weird dude, man.
Reward: 10 Klyntarites


Super Strong!
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Gwen: We should work on getting stronger to keep beating tougher Symbiotes and Super Villains.
Spider-Man: I know I look scrawny, but I'm actually really strong.
Spider-Gwen: In my universe, you looked like a lizard.
Spider-Man: Did I talk like thisss?
Spider-Gwen: Yes. And please don't ever do that again...

Raise Spider-Man's Attack Skill to Level 2! (Spider-Man Train Attack Skill, 4h x 3)


Spider-Man: Do you wanna fight the Symbiotes while I find a way to send them back to their home planet, or the other way around?
Spider-Gwen: We should go together.
Spider-Man: ...
Spider-Gwen: Because it'll be more efficient...
Spider-Man: I'm all about maximum efficiency.
Reward: 10 Klyntarites


A Web of Wonders! Pt. 1
Wasp starts


Unlock Crushed Octobots! 812 Klyntarites, 3s

Spider-Man: Amazing!
Reward: 10 Klyntarites

A Web of Wonders Pt. 2
Wasp starts

Unlock Spider-Gwen's Drum Set! 35 x Powerful Symbiote Sample (Defeat Powerful Symbiote Grunt L1 or L2), 10 x Kung-Fu Movies (Special Event Missions), 939 Klyntarites, 3s

Spider-Man: Amazing!
Reward: 10 Klyntarites 

A Web of Wonders Pt. 3
Wasp starts

Unlock the Electro Tower! 50 x Powerful Symbiote Sample (Defeat Powerful Symbiote Grunt L1 or L2), 20 x Toxic Symbiote Sample (Defeat Toxic Symbiote Grunt L1 or L2), 1076 Klynarites, 3s

Spider-Man: Amazing!
Reward: 10 Klyntarites 

A Web of Wonders Pt. 4
Wasp starts

Unlock Spider-Gwen's Portal! 20 x Quick Symbiote Sample (Defeat Quick Symbiote Grunt L1 or L2), 1052 Klyntarites, 3s

Spider-Man: Amazing!
Reward: 10 Klyntarites   

A Web of Wonders Pt. 5
Wasp starts

Unlock the Electro Bobblehead! Free (after getting the other 4 decos), 3s


Spider-Man: Amazing!
Reward: 10 Klyntarites 


Sensational! A Spider-Mech!
Spider-Man starts

Place the Spider-Mech (It will be in the shop for free after defeating Mysterio Streak 3)


Spider-Man: Sensational!
Reward: 25 Klyntarites 


What do you think of Act Two so far? Excited to recruit anyone in particular?

Kou.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Do you know how many acts will there be during the spidey event ?
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! There are 2 acts so the whole event will finish at the end of act 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The currency in this event are radioactive and therefore has a half-life. I noticed that I lost a hundred but I'm not sure on how long that Half-Life is... yay more frustrating mechanics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had over 1000 k-rocks when this happened

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete