Friday 12 August 2016

A.I.M. Attacks! Mini Event

Morning Avengereenos!

Looks like a new mini-event has hit our games - A.I.M. Attacks! The event ends on August 23 at 6 PM EDT.


How do I recruit Squirrel Girl?
To recruit Squirrel Girl to Avengers Academy, you'll need to collect 100 Acorns! Earn Acorns by defeating A.I.M. Scientists.
Once you turn in the Acorns, Squirrel Girl will join the Academy. She must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I defeat A.I.M. Scientists?
Train S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits to defeat A.I.M. Scientists! 


NEW ITEMS IN THE SHOP

Classic Outfit Crate, 195 Shards, more info here.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Motorcycle, 200 Shards, drops 6 S.H.I.E.L.D. Gear Lvl 1 per 12h
Phil Coulson's Car, 395 Shards, drops 18 S.H.I.E.L.D. Gear Lvl 1 per 12h


A.I.M. Psionic Temple, 545 Shards, drops Acorn and S.H.I.E.L.D. Gear Lvl 2 every 24h


QUESTS

A.I.M. Attacks!
Iron Man starts

Scientist Supreme
: This is A.I.M's defining moment, M.O.D.O.K. You were designed only for destroying Avengers Academy.
M.O.D.O.K.M.O.D.O.K. cannot wait to engage in further frivolity with M.O.D.O.K's newfound friends!
Scientist Supreme: I know you're excited about being released from A.I.M.'s basement for the first time, but you have to focus. You're my greatest creation, M.O.D.O.K. We cannot fail.
M.O.D.O.K.: Will M.O.D.O.K. be allowed to frolic with his friends after destroying Avengers Academy?!
Scientist Supreme: Of course! But never forget that the Avengers only want to eliminate A.I.M., banish you to the basement, and keep you from ever seeing your friends again...
M.O.D.O.K.: Then the probability of their success is infinitesimal...

WORLD NEWS: A.I.M. ATTACKS!
We're getting reports of new weirdos with lasers at Avengers Academy, as the A.I.M. Institute has decided to launch a full-scale assault against their rivals. They've reportedly already captured other respective recruits, including the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and promising S.H.I.E.L.D. hopeful, Phil Coulson. A.I.M.'s leader, Scientist Supreme, claims this is revenge for blatant disrespect and frequent beatdowns from the Avengers, and that they'll be hopeless against A.I.M.'s secret psionic weapon, M.O.D.O.K. How was your day, honey? Oh, fine. I reported on a massive telepathic brain with a face and little baby legs...


Learn about the A.I.M. Event!


Wasp: What is that...thing? 
Iron Man: Looks like a half-squirrel girl to me. Pretty rude to call her a thing.
Wasp: She's super cute. I'm talking about the dancing laser brain...
Iron Man: Oh, he's M.O.D.O.K. A.I.M. mutagenetically altered some guy into a human supercomputer. He became a super-genius with psionic powers, but his brain grew too big for his body to support.
Wasp: How do you know all this?
Iron Man: Super-scientists love gossip. Did you know Tony Stark won the Nobel Prize, but the trophy shattered when he held it against his chiseled abs?
Wasp: That didn't happen...
Iron Man: Shhh...pass it on.
Reward: 20 Credits, 5 x ??


Time to Train!
Iron Man starts

Iron Man
: A villainous rival school is storming the campus, Cap! You know what time it is!
Captain America: It's not time for you to build another army of robots, Tony. A.I.M. is not Hydra. This is not Civil War.
Iron Man: Civil War, huh? That's what we're calling it now? Did you make that up all by yourself?
Captain America: I saw it on the news.
Iron Man: On a real-life television?! With colors and everything?!
Captain America: Will you please take this serious? We're being invaded. By your people.
Iron Man: My people?! You mean nerds?! Us super-science geeks with our big brains and normal-sized biceps?! You know what?! Fight A.I.M. yourself! Train your S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits instead of building robots, and see how that goes for you!
Captain America: Thanks, Tony. That's a great plan.
Iron Man: Everybody knows I won Civil War...

Build S.H.I.E.L.D. Training Facility! 50 Credits, 3m


Train a S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruit Lvl 1, 8 x S.H.I.E.L.D. Gear Lvl 1 (Mission Board), 2h


Captain America: Good luck out there, soldier.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruit: Thanks, Cap. Any advice for fighting A.I.M.?
Captain America: Be decisive. Hit hard. Don't engage them in arguments over anime, indie comics, or Sci-Fi shows that were cancelled too soon. We have to pick our battles...
Reward: 20 Credits


A.I.M. High!
Wasp starts

Falcon: Just like old times...
Captain America: Is that a joke about me being old?
Falcon: No, that's just casual conversation about our latest invasion. Is Tony getting under your skin again?
Captain America: No, I'm focused on defeating A.I.M. Besides, everybody knows I won Civil War...
Falcon: That's what we're calling it now?

Defeat an A.I.M. Scientist Level 1! requires 1 S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruit and 1 x ?

A.I.M. Scientist: Captain America is training S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits to defeat our scientists.
Scientist Supreme: What do you plan on doing about it?
A.I.M. Scientist: I was talking to the guys, and it seems pretty logical to just give up. Plus, it's new comic book day, so...
Scientist Supreme: Why do you smell like acorns?
A.I.M. Scientist: Have you tried them? They're actually pretty good. Packed with protein, and high in vitamin C, magnesium and calcium. It's this new thing called the Ancient Acorn Diet. My teeth are killing me, but I feel great.
Scientist Supreme: If you could see my face, you would know how much I hate you.
Reward: 20 Credits


Science Guys!
Iron Man starts

Scientist Supreme: It's almost time to strike, M.O.D.O.K. Are you ready?
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. has calculated the mathematical probability of every possible outcome. Success is inevitable.
Scientist Supreme: Fantastic! Avengers Academy will finally have to admit that A.I.M. reigns supreme!
M.O.D.O.K.: They appear to be having fun.
Scientist Supreme: That's their weakness. While they joke and dance, we remain locked away in our dimly-lit basements, working tirelessly until our knowledge is supreme, and the loneliness becomes unbearable.
M.O.D.O.K.: Yes. Happiness is obviously for losers...

Defeat 3 A.I.M. Scientist Level 1
Train a S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruit Lvl 2, 2 x S.H.I.E.L.D. Gear Lvl 2 (Defeat A.I.M. Scientist Level 1), 2h


Captain America: Shouldn't you be eating cheese in a hot tub somewhere?
Iron Man: I was. And I will be. I took a break from my break to check on my favorite field commander.
Captain America: You're always welcome to help fight the villainous organization trying to take over our campus...
Iron Man: Now we're talking! Just let me grab my remote and--
Captain America: As long as it doesn't involve robots.
Iron Man: You still think they're gonna turn on humanity?
Captain America: More than ever. I've heard the ones at the Robo Dojo talking, but they get quiet when I get close. Imagine what would happen if they tried to take over the campus...
Iron Man: But imagine the new robots I could build to fight the evil robots I built before!
Reward: 20 Credits 


Next Level Recruits!
Black Widow starts

Black Widow: Your recruits are doing good so far, but they don't have a chance against M.O.D.O.K. That thing is as powerful as it is squishy.
Captain America: I know. I'm training recruits to fight the tougher A.I.M. Scientists, but we'll need something to block M.O.D.O.K.'s psionic attacks when the time comes.
Black Widow: Do you want me to ask Tony to start working on something?
Captain America: I'll ask him myself. I'm just avoiding talking to him until the last possible second.
Black Widow: You two should just get married. Or fight to the death. Either one would be really entertaining. 

Build S.H.I.E.L.D. Barracks! 40 x S.H.I.E.L.D. Gear Lvl 3 (Defeat A.I.M. Scientist Level 2), 3m


Train a S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruit Lvl 3

M.O.D.O.K.: They still have absolute zero possibility of defeating M.O.D.O.K., but their recruits appear to be gaining strength.
Scientist Supreme: Let them think they have a chance. Getting their hopes up will only make it more satisfying when we destroy them.
M.O.D.O.K.: You used the same tactics raising me...
Scientist Supreme: What?! I would never purposefully hurt you, M.O.D.O.K.! You're my greatest creation. My crowning achievement. My--
M.O.D.O.K.: Weapon. Your grotesque, living weapon.
Scientist Supreme: And you're the best grotesque living weapon an ingenious Scientist Supreme could ever hope for...
Reward: 20 Credits 



To The Squirrel-A-Gig!

Iron Man starts

Squirrel Girl: We're gonna need some high-tech stuff to stop A.I.M. and M.O.D.O.K.
Iron Man: You want me to make you a suit?
Squirrel Girl: That's super nice of you, Tony, but all I need is the Squirrel-A-Gig!
Iron Man: That's a squirrel-themed helicopter, isn't it?
Squirrel Girl: You've heard of it?!
Iron Man: No, but Wasp is my best friend. You two operate on the same wavelength.

Place the Squirrel-A-Gig! 33 Acorns


Iron Man: I'm not gonna lie. It's the nicest Squirrel-A-Gig I've ever seen.
Squirrel Girl: I know, right! Can you believe I got it as a secret santa gift?!
Iron Man: I believe everything everyone tells me, and I expect the same in return.
Reward: 20 Credits


Get Wrecked!
Wasp starts

Squirrel Girl: Captain America! Are you gonna show me tips on how to ricochet acorns off bad guys' domes?
Captain America: I was actually gonna ask you for some tips...
Squirrel Girl: Why?! Because I'm so awesome?!
Captain America: Yeah, and your track record is impeccable. You've taken down more top-tier villains than anyone. How do you do it?
Squirrel Girl: I talk to them. Most of the time, villains just want to be heard. Listening diffuses their anger, making it easier to convince them that there are better ways than fighting to solve a problem.
Captain America: That's great. I wish we didn't always resort to violence...
Squirrel Girl: Totally! And when that doesn't work, I send an army of squirrels to chew their faces off!

Place the Defeat Villain Souvenirs! 66 Acorns

Captain America: Who's the toughest villain you've ever fought?
Squirrel Girl: Dracula.
Captain America: You fought Dracula?! What was the toughest thing about him? Mind control? Shapeshifting? Weather manipulation?
Squirrel Girl: Daydreaming about Halloween and chocolate flavored cereal.
Reward: 20 Credits 


A.I.M. for Victory!
Wasp starts

Scientist Supreme: It's time to launch the next phase of our assault. I want to weaken their forces before M.O.D.O.K. goes in for the kill.
A.I.M. Scientist: We're trying, Scientist Supreme. We're thinkers, not fighters.
Scientist Supreme: If you don't destroy Avengers Academy, you won't be anything.
A.I.M. Scientist: Do you mean existentially, or...?
Scientist Supreme: DESTROY THEM!

Defeat 5 Level 1 A.I.M. Scientists!

A.I.M. Scientist: Do you ever think Scientist Supreme is really mean?
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. is a living supercomputer. M.O.D.O.K. has no choice but to think about everything.
A.I.M. Scientist: Right. Sorry.
M.O.D.O.K.: And yes, Scientist Supreme is an absolutely insufferable asshat.
Reward: 20 Credits


Scientific Discoveries
Black Widow starts


Captain America
: This is when we break A.I.M.'s spirit, and show them that they never had a chance against Avengers Academy.
S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruit: What about the giant telepathic brain thing?
Captain America: I'll ask Tony Stark for...help.

Defeat 5 Level 2 A.I.M. Scientists!

Reward: 20 Credits


Invincible Iron Squirrel!
Iron Man starts

Squirrel Girl: I'm taking you up on your offer to make me a suit, Tony.
Iron Man: I thought all you needed was the Squirrel-A-Gig?
Squirrel Girl: It's not for me, it's for Tippy-Toe!
Iron Man: You want me to make an Iron Man suit for your squirrel friend?
Squirrel Girl: Squirrel best friend. Is that too weird?
Iron Man: No, it's great. I can't wait to eavesdrop on the J.A.R.V.I.S. and Tippy-Toe convos...


Defeat 50 Level 2 A.I.M. Scientists
Get Iron Tippy-Toe!

Reward: 20 Credits



What do you think of the new mini-event? Are you excited to get Squirrel Girl?

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment