Friday 23 September 2016

Return of the Guardians of the Galaxy!

Hey howdy hey, Avengereenos!

Not satisfied with the offer on War Machine and Spider-Woman, TinyCo has also decided to offer players another chance to get some of the Guardians of the Galaxy characters!
The "Guardians Return" Special Event ends on Thursday September 29th at 3pm PDT/11pm BST. You can recruit Star-Lord by collecting items and get some GotG event buildings too. If you want Rocket, he'll cost 695 Shards, whereas Groot costs 1095 Shards. Finally, you can get the Captain Star-Lord Outfit in Van Dyne's for 395 Shards.


UPDATE 9/29: You can now purchase Yondu and Nebula until 9/30 at 6pm PDT.


ITEMS TO BUY

Nebula's Target, 90 Shards
Small Space Tree, 5 Credits
Large Space Tree, 10 Credits
Space Mushrooms, 12 Credits
Space Bonsai, 15 Shards
Hybrid Space Plant, 20 Credits
Ramen Shop, 1250 Credits
Starlin's, 2500 Credits, 3s
Collector's Treasure, FREE
Infinity Gem Device, FREE

 
QUESTS

Just in Time!
Iron Man starts

Star-Lord: The Guardians of the Galaxy are here to help Daredevil defeat the ninjas!
Nick Fury: Too late.
Star-Lord: Seriously? We were just watching the whole "Trial of the Galaxy" thing. You guys got space all hyped up about Avengers Academy, so we wanted to help with Kingpin and the Hand.
Nick Fury: It's over. We won.
Star-Lord: Bummer. I mean, I'm glad you won, but we were ready to go heroic all over this place. I wish we didn't stop on the way for Drax and Gamora to take an assassination break.
Nick Fury: We've been looking into some unrelated interstellar distress signals. We might still need your help to save the day.
Star-Lord: Nice! I might need some gas money. And some extra money. You know how it goes...

Invite Star-Lord!

Nick Fury: When was the last time you visited the Cosmic Conservatory?
Star-Lord: Our old school? Long time. Not a lot of good memories for me. Thanos stuffing me in a locker. Thanos welding the door shut on the locker. Noticing Thanos filled the locker with poisonous space scorpions...
Nick Fury: The distress signal is coming from there.
Star-Lord: Rocket said he blew it up...
Nick Fury: He blew up the building, but there probably was an underground structure.
Star-Lord: Is there an underground structure here?
Nick Fury: Mind your space business.
Reward: 40 Credits




Get Star-Lord!

Wasp starts

Nick Fury: I want you, Rocket, and Groot to take your ship back to the Conservatory, and help whoever is sending those distress signals. See if you can find some new recruits while you're at it.
Star-Lord: Sounds good. I just need some money, and various items that are relevant to my interests.
Nick Fury: Trust me, I know the drill.

Recruit Star-Lord by 9/29/16 3pm PDT!
- 390 Credits
- 50 Blaster Ammo (Mission Board)
- 24 Good Luck Charms (from the Milano Spaceship)
- 16 Cassettes (from Star-Lord's Cassette Deck)

Rocket Raccoon: We just got here. Now we're gonna fly right back to space 'cuz Fury says so?
Star-Lord: Somebody out there needs our help, Rocket. We have to save them. That's what heroes do.
Rocket Raccoon: He's paying you, isn't he?
Star-Lord: What?! No way! I'm dong this out of the goodness of my heroic heart.
Rocket Raccoon: If I find out you're holding out on us, I will shatter your kneecaps, Quill.
Star-Lord: Why do you always talk about shattering my kneecaps?
Rocket Raccoon: It's called foreshadowing.
Reward: 40 Credits


Get Your Ship!
Iron Man starts

Star-Lord: It's been so long sine I flew my ship...
Rocket Raccoon: Why do you always call it your ship? Me and Tony Stark built it. Actually, Stark mostly just asked me inappropriate questions about Nebula while I built it. It's my ship.
Star-Lord: All my tapes are in there.
Rocket Raccoon: Right. The ship is mine. All the garbage inside is yours.
Star-Lord: Thanks for sharing.
Rocket Raccoon: I hate you.

Get the Milano Spaceship!

Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: Because you'd probably crash us into the first shiny thing you saw.
Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: It's more complicated than just holding the wheel.
Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: Good point. If Quill can do it, anybody can. Let's go for a ride...
Reward: 40 Credits


Club It Up!
Wasp starts

Rocket Raccoon: It's not enough that Fury wants us to go on some suicide rescue mission, but he wants us to recruit for him while we're at it.
Star-Lord: We don't have to go out of our way. We'll just bring it up to whoever we meet.
Rocket Raccoon: Right. Because in the endless void of space, we meet so many people. And the ones we do meet are always so nice. This place is a dump anyways...
Star-Lord: What are you talking about? It's great. I mean, it could maybe use a little galactic panache...
Rocket Raccoon: I should shatter your kneecaps for saying panache.
Star-Lord: You really have a serious anger problem. And a weird obsession with my kneecaps...

Get Club Galaxy!

Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: Since when do you like dancing?
Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: These people are a bad influence...
Reward: 40 Credits




Galactic Combat!

Black Widow starts

Rocket Raccoon: I'll bet you everything I stole from the glove compartment that this rescue mission is a trap set by Thanos.
Star-Lord: What about...?
Rocket Raccoon: The pictures that were in there? I burned those. The galaxy can thank me later.
Star-Lord: Whatever. Let's just get ready to fight.
Rocket Raccoon: I'm always ready to fight. You're sometimes ready to fight. The only things you're always ready to do are tell dumb jokes, and dance around like an idiot.
Star-Lord: Don't be mad because I'm a triple threat.

Get the Cosmic Combat Simulator!

Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah, it's a pretty nice Cosmic Combat Simulator.
Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah, get over there, and I'll climb up on your head.
Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: No! I still have your dirty footprint on my head from the last time you tried!
Reward: 40 Credits 


Just Warming Up!
Star-Lord starts

Pepper Potts: Thanks for your help with the trouble at the Cosmic Conservatory. It's great knowing we have galactic heroes at the Academy who are familiar with outer space.
Star-Lord: No problem. Rocket's gonna make some modifications to the ship, and probably fill it with a bunch of unstable explosives.
Pepper Potts: What are you gonna do?
Star-Lord: Let the rhythm take control... 

Star-Lord Go For a Stroll! 3m
Star-Lord Dance-Off! 15m

Star-Lord: Yondu! There's a distress signal coming from the Cosmic Conservatory. We could use your help checking it out.
Yondu: Help yourself, Quill. I already picked that place dry.
Star-Lord: You went back after Rocket blew it up?
Yondu: And took everything worth anything. Pawned it all for some crystal figurines and a Vibranium belt buckle.
Star-Lord: Even the underground structure?
Yondu: There's an underground part?! Why you holdin' out on me, boy?! Let's get that treasure!
Star-Lord: Who said there's treasure?
Yondu: You know how hard it is to dig a hole in an asteroid? Who's gonna do all that, and not stick something expensive in it? C'mon, Quill. I know you ain't that bright, but use your common sense!
Reward: 40 Credits


Shoot for the Stars!
Star-Lord starts

Black Widow: I'm going with you on the mission to the Conservatory. If Thanos is there, I need to talk to him. I think he knows something about whatever Fury is hiding at the Academy.
Star-Lord: Do you even know anything about space?
Black Widow: It's dark. It's quiet. Seems like my kind of place.

Star-Lord Practice Your Moves! 15m
Black Widow Test Widow's Bite! 1h
Star-Lord Fake a Training Montage!

Ant-Man: Can I get in on this treasure hunt?
Star-Lord: First of all, it's a rescue mission. Second of all... That's not a thing.
Ant-Man: Whatever. Point is, there isn't any treasure.
Star-Lord: Yondu says there is. He says we're gonna be rollin' in units. It sounded kind of gross at first, but my goal in life is to roll around in strange currency.
Ant-Man: I always thought when I got back to Earth, it would be more normal than space...
Reward: 40 Credits


Ride Like the Wind
Star-Lord starts

Star-Lord: It's time to rescue whoever needs our help at the Cosmic Conservatory. It'll probably be dangerous. And there probably won't be any treasure so, you know, don't get your hopes up. 
Black Widow: That's the worst pre-mission speech I've ever heard.
Yondu: Let's get that treasure, y'all. Yee-haw!
Ant-Man: I'm gonna roll around in so many space units!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is likink space missions...
Rocket Raccoon: I'm driving.
Groot: I am Groot!
Star-Lord: You're my favorite, Groot. Mostly because I don't understand anything you're saying, so I just always pretend that you're agreeing with me. 

Star-Lord Inspire Your Crew! 15m
Star-Lord Go For a Stroll! 3m
Star-Lord Fly My Ship! 4h

Star-Lord: The mission was pure chaos. Destruction everywhere. I was lucky to make it out alive. And that was just the ride there.
Nick Fury: What about Thanos?
Star-Lord: Don't know. It looked like he'd turned the place into a fortress at some point, but there was no sign of him.
Nick Fury: What happened to you?
Star-Lord: The distress signal was from a crashed ship. Captain Marvel and a couple of her friends were already helping them. We used to kind of go out. Didn't end well. She beat me up. I deserved it. Long story.
Nick Fury: Did you at least convince her to join the Academy?
Star-Lord: I think so. We'll go back and set up an outpost to recruit more students, and help anybody else in trouble. Guard the galaxy and all that good stuff.
Nick Fury: What about the treasure?
Star-Lord: Yondu and Ant-Man dug around, but didn't find anything. There's nothing left at the Conservatory.
Nick Fury: We'll see about that...
Reward: 40 Credits 


Welcome Home
Star-Lord starts

Nick Fury: Get ready for this space battle, Quill. You're about the only one here with the appropriate weaponry.
Star-Lord: For sure. First, I'm gonna take a little me time. I've always had dreams about being back on Earth, just strolling around, listening to my tunes...
Nick Fury: My dream is to keep this planet from being conquered by hostile aliens.
Star-Lord: That's awesome, man. Dreams are what dreams are made of...

Star-Lord Go for a Stroll! 3m

Hank Pym: Peter Quill! How are you enjoying life on Earth?!
Star-Lord: It's cool. People are still trying to kill me here, but not as many, so that's nice.
Hank Pym: Life can't be fully appreciated without the ever-present threat of death!
Star-Lord: That's...morbidly positive?
Hank Pym: That's science!
Reward: 40 Credits


Rocket!
Rocket Raccoon starts

Rocket Raccoon: I don't know why I keep messin' with you, Quill.
Star-Lord: I'm fun. I'm funny. I can help you save the galaxy. I'm good at puzzles. I'm a decent dancer...
Rocket Raccoon: You can't dance...
Star-Lord: Oh, and you can?! Don't be mad just because you aren't tall enough to ever get in the club...
Rocket Raccoon: That's it! Dance-off! Me and you! Actually, forget that! I'm dancin' by myself! And it ain't weird!

Rocket Break it Down! 15m

Star-Lord: Fine. You're better than me at both dancing and murdering...
Rocket Raccoon: And you're the best at forgetting what's good for you...
Star-Lord: Are you seriously still mad about what happened at the Conservatory? I know it was your plan. And I know it might've worked, but I messed it up. I just thought I had a clean shot at the glove...
Rocket Raccoon: Anyone can get a clean shot, Quill. You gotta know when to take it..
Reward: 40 Credits


The Chitauri Skiff Challenge!
Iron Man starts

Get the Groot Bobblehead before 9/29 at 3pm PDT. requires 15 x Groot Bobblehead Token (Star-Lord OR Groot OR Rocket Raccoon Research Flora Colossus! 5h)
Get the Cosmic Conservatory Sign before 9/29 at 3pm PDT. requires 5 x Cosmic Conservatory Sign Token (Star-Lord Visit the Cosmic Conservatory! 6h)
Get the Yondu Poster before 9/29 at 3pm PDT. requires Yondu Wanted Holo Token (Rocket Raccoon OR Groot OR Captain Star-Lord OR Yondu OR Nebula OR Gamora Check Out Galaxy's Most Wanted! 3h


Note: Once you have collected all 3 you will receive the Chitauri Armor, allowing you to purchase the Chitauri Skiff in the shop!

Groot: I am Groot.
Reward: 100 Credits 


Beware of Spacedog

Rocket Raccoon: Well if it isn't Cosmo the Spacedog...
Cosmo the Spacedog: Greetinks, comrade Raccoon.
Rocket Raccoon: You come all the way from space to make a mess of the lawn?

Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is comink to do his duty as Knowhere Chief of Security. Helpink with space missions. Stoppink Thanos from beink bad boy. Severe breachink of proper conducts.
Rocket Raccoon: A whole team of us ain't been able to stop 'em yet...
Cosmo the Spacedog: Da, but Cosmo is beink different. Will use telepathy to be speakink reasons in heads. If that not workink, will use telepathy to make him go to sleep. Desperate times be callink for desperate measures...

Get Cosmo the Spacedog!

Enchantress: They tell me you excel at getting inside people's minds...
Cosmo the Spacedog: Da, Cosmo is masterink both the telepathy and the telekinesis.
Enchantress: The Enchantress is already a master manipulator.
Cosmo the Spacedog: You smell like cupcakes, and be speakink in the third person. This is good. Cosmo is likink Enchantress...
Enchantress: Let's go for a walk, Cosmo. I believe we have a lot to telepathically talk about.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo like goink for walks. This is good...
Reward: 5 Shards 




Are you gonna buy any of the returning characters? Or did you already have them all?

Kou.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Star Lord returned. I finally have the chance of getting him, when I didn't hurry in The GotG event. So glad :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's really cool they've kept him freemium so people can collect for him :)

    ReplyDelete