Saturday 5 November 2016

Doctor Strange Event is Live!

Hi there Sorcerers!



The Doctor Strange event is now live in our games! In order to participate, players must download the latest update, be at Academy Level 6, and have built Van Dyne's Outfits. Begin the quest "Strange Days!" to start the event!
The Doctor Strange Event ends on December 1st, 3 pm PDT/6 pm EST.

Episode 1 of the Doctor Strange Event ends on 11/10 at 3pm Pacific Time. Your chance to earn Elemental Doctor Strange by collecting Tarot Cards will expire at this time.




FAQ


How do I unlock Tech Wizard Iron Man?
Tech Wizard Iron Man is a special, limited-time outfit for Iron Man. You can get it from Van Dyne's Outfits. The outfit must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or it will disappear from the game at that time.


How do I unlock Nico Minoru?
Nico Minoru is available to recruit for 395 Shards! You can find her in the Shop.
She must be fully unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear at that time.

How do I summon Mystic Beings?
Obtain Astral Dust and Mystic Essence from the event Mission Board and repair the Mystic Archives to summon Mystic Beings! Summon Mystic Beings to battle Zealots sent by Kaecilius.

How do I fight Zealots?
You will need to complete the quest "Mystic Forces!" before Zealots will appear. Summon Mystic Beings to fight Zealots! Use Mystic Beings to fight them.

How do I create Spellbooks?
Obtain Astral Dust and Spell Pages from the event Mission Board and repair the Mystic Archives to create Spellbooks! Use Spellbooks to close Eldritch Portals sent by Kaecilius.
 
How do I defeat Eldritch Portals?
Collect Spellpages and Astral dust to craft Spellbooks at the Mystic Archives and use them to defeat Eldritch Portals! 

How do I upgrade Mystic Beings and Spellbooks?
Repair the Magical Enchantment Chamber to start upgrading Mystic Beings and Spellbooks. You will need Mystic Ink from defeating Zealots and Mystic Bracers from defeating Eldritch Portals to upgrade them.

How do I fight the Zealot Boss?
You must start the quest "Battle the Boss!" for the Zealot Boss to appear. You will need to craft Water Wizard Staffs at the Elemental Laboratory to fight him. Nico Minoru, Doctor Strange, and Tech Wizard Iron Man can fight him!

How do I raise my characters' combat stats?
Craft Elemental Elixers at the Elemental Laboratory to raise your characters' strength and health skills! You will need Raw Elements from defeating the Zealot Boss to craft them.

When will the Leaderboards start?
The Personal Leaderboard will begin with the start of Marvel's Doctor Strange Event. The Global Leaderboard will begin soon after the start of the event.   
(Note: A separate post will be made regarding the leaderboard). 








NEW SHOP ITEMS

Nico Minoru, 395 Shards
Cabinet of Curiosities, 445 Shards, 10s, drops 200 Arcane Artifacts every 4h
Sorcerer's Menagerie, 745 Shards, 10s, drops 400 Arcane Artifacts every 4h
Spell Page Station, 245 Shards, 10s, drops 2 Spell Pages per day
Spell Page Repository, 445 Shards, 10s, drops 4 Spell Pages per day
Mystic Essence Collection, 245 Shards, 10s, drops 2 Mystic Essence per day
Mystic Essence Shrine, 445 Shards, 10s, drops 4 Mystic Essence per day
Mystical Water Shrine, 395 Shards, 10s, drops 1 Water Wizard Staff per day


NEW QUESTS

Strange Days!
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: I told you I can close this dimensional rift if you give me a little more time.
Nick Fury: We don't have more time. We barely stopped Mephisto, and I need this thing gone before something else tries to crawl through and conquer our dimension.
Iron Man: You really think Doctor Strange and his sorcerer friends can close it with magic?
Nick Fury: He's the Sorcerer Supreme. It's his job to fix these things.
Iron Man: I'm good at fixing things...
Nick Fury: I don't understand how you're already jealous of some guy who hasn't even got here yet...
Iron Man: Then you obviously don't know me very well.


WORLD NEWS: STRANGE DAYS!
Magic is everywhere at Avengers Academy as the Young Masters of the Mystic Arts arrive to finally close the dimensional rift that was created by the Hand Ninjas, and exploited by the demon Mephisto. Unfortunately, the sorcerer Kaecilius has already betrayed his mystic friends, using an army of loyal zealots, and power from the Dark Dimension to keep the rift open, and trap his fellow sorcerers. Doctor Strange and the heroic sorcerers battled the zealots and invading creatures, but it appears they'll need help from the Avengers to stop Kaecilius, and save our world from extradimensional evil. I only hope that all of this somehow results in me getting a unicorn.


Learn About Marvel's Doctor Strange Event!
Get 25 Arcane Artifacts! (Special Event Missions)
Unlock the Mystic Archives! 25 Arcane Artifacts

Kaecilius: The dimensional rift is a sign.
Zealot: Yes, Kaecilius.
Kaecilius: Doctor Strange and the Young Masters of the Mystic Arts have been holding us back. Keeping themselves in power by restricting our knowledge, and limiting our opportunities.
Zealot: Yes, Kaecilius.
Kaecilius: We must access the forbidden dimensions, form alliances with those beings, and use their power to take our rightful place by destroying every sorcerer and superhuman in this world.
Zealot: Yes, Kaecilius.
Kaecilius: I know you blindly follow orders, but our conversations are excruciating. Try saying something besides "Yes, Kaecilius".
Zealot: Right on, Kaecilius.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Supreme Freedom!
Iron Man starts

Doctor Strange: If you can find a way to set me free, I can close the dimensional rift, and save your school.
Iron Man: You want me to save you, so that you can save me?
Doctor Strange: You've entered the realm of mysticism. You must forget everything that you think you know.
Iron Man: I should stop expecting things to make sense?
Doctor Strange: By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!
Iron Man: I'll take that as a yes...

Free Doctor Strange!


Loki: You're Mister Weirdo? I was expecting someone...supreme.
Doctor Strange: You've entered the realms of mysticism. You must learn to accept the unacceptable.
Loki: Save your magic mumbo jumbo for the easily impressed mortals. We're all sorcerers here.
Doctor Strange: You're a sorcerer? I was expecting someone...powerful.
Loki: I'm the greatest sorcerer in all the Nine Realms!
Doctor Strange: I'm Doctor Strange. The Sorcerer Supreme.
Loki: I hope you feel good about your meaningless title.
Doctor Strange: I feel like the greatest sorcerer in all the Nine Realms.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 


Get Doctor Strange!
Wasp starts

Doctor Strange: Do people usually argue with everyone as soon as they get here, or is that just another one of my many talents?
Nick Fury: Honestly, I'm not surprised Stark has issues with a powerful guy who has the word Supreme in his title. Loki has issues with everyone, so don't go feeling too special.
Doctor Strange: I didn't want to tell him that the Eye of Agamotto around my neck is capable of revealing lies...
Nick Fury: I gotta go! S.H.I.E.L.D. emergency! 



Recruit Doctor Strange!
- 4 Relic of Agamottos (from the Orb of Agamatto)
- 4 Illuminati Cards (from defeating Zealot Bosses)
- 16 Beard Trimmers (from defeating Eldritch Portals)
- 5993 Arcane Artifacts


Kaecilius: You're an arrogant fool, Strange. I'll never understand why they chose to make you Sorcerer Supreme.
Doctor Strange: I always assumed it was because I'm the best.
Kaecilius: You fight to keep the world just the way it is because it keeps you in power. What will you do when the horrors of the Dark Dimension remake your reality?
Doctor Strange: I'll do my job, and save the world. You would know that if you were good enough to be Sorcerer Supreme.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 




The Sorcerer Supreme! Pt. 1
Doctor Strange starts

Doctor Strange: I need to take some time to think about how we'll stop Kaecilius, and seal the dimensional rift. I teleported the Sanctum Sanctorum here because it's where I do my best thinking.
Nick Fury: We don't have time. I have evil sorcerers all over my campus, and a portal to even eviler things getting bigger by the second.
Doctor Strange: I believe observation and knowledge must precede action.
Nick Fury: I believe the children are our future.
Doctor Strange: Are you messing with me?
Nick Fury: You got Fury'd.

Doctor Strange Consider Alternatives! 1m

Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Get Nico Minoru! (24h)
Iron Man starts

Doctor Strange: We're going to get you free, Nico.
Nico Minoru: Take your time. I like watching everyone have quippy conversations while a psycho sorcerer keeps me wrapped in deadly tentacles.
Doctor Strange: Tentacle monsters are no match for your sarcasm.
Nico Minoru: Having dark wizards for parents sucks, but it does give you a natural gift for magic and cynicism.
Doctor Strange: Are you ready to battle Kaecilius and the forces of the Dark Dimension?
Nico Minoru: If you don't stop talking and get me out of here, I'm gonna battle you.

Get Nico Minoru! 395 Shards



Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Nico! Let me know if there's anything you need.
Nico Minoru: A new thesaurus, purple eyeshadow, and dinosaur snacks. Please.
Pepper Potts: Snacks shaped like dinosaurs, or snacks a dinosaur would eat?
Nico Minoru: Snacks a dinosaur would eat. For a friend. Who's a dinosaur. Is that too weird?
Pepper Potts: In this place, there is no such thing.


Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Mystic Forces!

Loki starts

Captain America: We need your advice on how to fight these Zealots. I tried to punch one in the face, and my fist turned into a broken mirror or something.
Doctor Strange: Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of magic.
Captain America: Is it even possible for someone who isn't sorcerer to fight these guys?
Doctor Strange: I wouldn't recommend it. As matter of fact, I wouldn't even recommend sorcerers to fight his Zealots. We'll need our strength for whatever Kaecilius summons through the dimensional rift.
Captain America: We can't just stand by and do nothing.
Doctor Strange: No sir, we cannot. I'll teach you to summon Mystic Beings that can battle the Zealots.
Captain America: If it isn't robots, it's Mystic Beings...

Get Mystic Essence! (Special Event Missions)
Get Astral Dust! (Special Event Missions)
Summon a Mystic Being! 1 x Astral Dust, 1 x Mystic Essence, 2h

Enchantress: I'm moderately impressed with your abilities, Midgardian. These Mystic Beings seem quite fearsome.
Doctor Strange: They're actually very peaceful, but they're obsessed with eliminating evil when it's in their presence.
Enchantress: How evil?
Doctor Strange: Don't worry, Enchantress. I know you take care of the campus pets when no one's watching.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Immortal Combat!
Iron Man starts

Zealot: Doctor Strange is using Mystic Beings to defeat our forces.
Kaecilius: He's smart. Did you know he was a doctor at the age of fourteen? He's like a magical Doogie Howser.
Zealot: I don't understand the reference.
Kaecilius: Don't worry about it. His Mystic Beings will most likely destroy you soon anyway.
Zealot: Will you retrieve our spirits to serve you in the afterlife?
Kaecilius: Is that a thing?

Learn About Combat!


Defeat a Zealot! requires a Mystic Being to Attack, 50HP

Iron Man: Back in my day, we used robots to fight invading villains. We didn't have these fancy Mystic Beings...
Doctor Strange: I can teach you some magic, so that you don't have to bother with technology.
Iron Man: Please. Everybody knows science is better than magic.
Doctor Strange: Is that why Director Fury called the Sorcerer Supreme to close the dimensional rift after his ingenious super-scientists failed?
Iron Man: We didn't fail, we just didn't succeed yet.
Doctor Strange: Of course. And you didn't lose this argument, you just didn't win it yet.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts




Spell It Out!

Black Widow starts

Doctor Strange: Kaecilius is trying to trap us in Eldritch Portals. We'll need to gather the proper banishing spells.
Black Widow: You don't have them memorized?
Doctor Strange: By the Icy Tendrils of Ikthalon! By the Omnipotent Oshtur! By the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak! By the Mystic Moons of Munnopor! By the Ruby Rings of Raggadorr!
Black Widow: What's all that?
Doctor Strange: A small sample of the weird words I have to memorize. I used to write spells on the back of my hand, but they're too hard to read when I'm doing cool finger moves.

Get a Spell Page! (Special Event Missions)
Get a Spellbook! 1 x Astral Dust, 2 x Spell Pages, 2h
Defeat an Eldritch Portal! requires a Spellbook, 50HP

Zealot: They're starting to banish our Eldritch Portals.
Kaecilius: It doesn't matter. They're only supposed to buy me time while I summon creatures from the Dark Dimension.
Zealot: Their Mystic Beings also continue to destroy my fellow Zealots.
Kaecilius: They're also only supposed to buy me time while I summon creatures from the Dark Dimension.
Zealot: Not cool, Kaecilius.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Get Tech Wizard Iron Man!
Iron Man starts


Iron Man: I'm gonna show Doctor Strange that science is better than magic.
Captain America: Can it wait until after the invasion is over?
Iron Man: Nope. This guy tried to disrespect my super-scientist lifestyle. I have to prove tech is better while making magic look stupid.
Captain America: When you do stuff like this, you usually make yourself look stupid.
Iron Man: Iron Man's gotta do what Iron Man's gotta do.


Get Tech Wizard Iron Man!
- 7 Wizard Hats (from Zealots)
- 40 Fake Beards (Special Event Missions)
- 4 Fantasy Novels (from Iron Man's Unicorn)
- 4947 Arcane Artifacts

Tech Wizard Iron Man: Behold the Wizard Wonderful! I'm like the Sorcerer Supreme, but with a stick and better beard!
Doctor Strange: You must have so much free time on your hands...
Tech Wizard Iron Man: I'm actually really busy. I just prioritize petty rivalries over important responsibilities.
Doctor Strange: Why is your cloak glowing?
Tech Wizard Iron Man: Science! I've been working on clothing that mimics some of the functionality of my armor. I look like an elderly magician, but actually have the functionality of a weaponized supercomputer.
Doctor Strange: And you really think a pointy hat and a computer cloak makes you some kind of sorcerer?
Tech Wizard Iron Man: Of course not. I also need to wave my hands around while yelling lots of nonsensical words.


Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Magic Muscles!
Iron Man starts

Odin: Your beard game is strong, but you will need to experience other dimensions to strengthen your powers, and prepare your mind for what's to come.
Tech Wizard Iron Man: I'm not too worried about it. Professor Pym lets me use his portals sometimes. Did you know there's a whole dimension where everything is backwards?
Odin: .lla swonk nidO

Train Iron Man! requires Elemental Elixirs to level up, plus 30s training
- create with 2 x Raw Element (Defeat Zealot Boss), 2h


Defeat the Zealot Boss 2 Times!

Tech Wizard Iron Man: Where's Doctor Strange?! I need to rub this scientific victory in his face!
Zealot Boss: You'll all fall before the master of the Dark Dimension. Your planet will turn to ashes in the fires of his hatred. Your dimension will shatter beneath his heel. Everyone you love will beg for mercy with their final breaths...
Tech Wizard Iron Man: Doctor Strange! Get over here! Come look at this magic guy I beat up!
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Protect the Dimension!
Iron Man starts

Doctor Strange: We need to finish off this Zealot Boss. I think Kaecilius is using him to stall while he summons more horrible beings from the Dark Dimension.
Tech Wizard Iron Man: I don't know why you're telling me. I'm the one out here fighting these guys while you stand around doing your nails.
Doctor Strange: The condition and positioning of fingers is critical to spellcasting.
Tech Wizard Iron Man: Whatever. Finish your magic manicure so we can save the world.

Defeat the Zealot Boss 4 More Times! (Up to streak 6??)

Zealot Boss: Did I hold them off long enough for you to find our master in the Dark Dimension?
Kaecilius: He found me. He is not pleased...
Zealot Boss: With you?
Kaecilius: With everything.
Zealot Boss: Did you tell him I did my best?
Kaecilius: He said that's all that matters.
Zealot Boss: Oh, good. That's a relief.
Kaecilius: I'm just kidding. He's definitely going to kill us all.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts



Magical Powers!
Iron Man starts

Doctor Strange: We'll need to upgrade the Mystic Beings and Spellbooks to overcome more powerful Zealots and Eldritch Portals.
Iron Man: How do we do that?
Doctor Strange: Magic!
Iron Man: This is me giving you the super-science-side-eye.

Upgrade a Mystic Being! 6 x Mystic Bracers (Defeat Eldritch Portals)
Upgrade a Spellbook! 6 x Mystic Ink (Defeat Zealots)
Note: requires Unlocking the Magical Enhancement Chamber! 200 Arcane Artifacts

Zealot: Their Spellbooks and Mystic Beings are getting stronger.
Kaecilius: Do everything you can to hold them off.
Zealot: But we can't...
Kaecilius: Not with that attitude.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Battle the Boss!
Wasp starts

Kaecilius: You're my most powerful follower. It's your destiny to hold off Doctor Strange and the Avengers until I'm able to summon more powerful beings from the Dark Dimension.
Zealot Boss: I'm ready to die for our cause.
Kaecilius: Good. You'll probably have to...
Zealot Boss: I'd rather not...
Kaecilius: Yeah, well, I'll keep me fingers crossed for you.

Get a Water Wizard Staff! 3 x ?, 3 x ?, 2h
Note: requires Unlocking the Elemental Laboratory, 300 Arcane Artifacts

Defeat the Zealot Boss! Fight requires Water Wizard Staff, plus Nico Minoru/Doctor Strange/Tech Wizard Iron Man
STREAK 1: 300 HP






Doctor Strange: Kaecilius is using you. As soon as he gets what he wants, he'll feed you to the creatures of the Dark Dimension.
Zealot Boss: They eat people?
Doctor Strange: Don't they?
Zealot Boss: I don't know. I've never seen any myself. Kaecilius always describes them as dreadful or frightful.
Doctor Strange: Hmm. I'm just gonna keep saying they eat people until someone proves me wrong.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 


Be Supreme!
Loki starts

Doctor Strange: Nice horns.
Immortal Sorcerer Loki: A truly supreme sorcerer wouldn't wear rags, and an eyeball brooch. You can call yourself supreme, but when anyone sees the two of us, there will be doubt who is clearly superior.
Doctor Strange: I let me magic do the talking. 
Immortal Sorcerer Loki: And it mumbles more than Hulk giving a book report. You're about to witness the majestic mastery of the greatest sorcerer in all the Nine Realms.
Doctor Strange: Honestly, I just can't get past those horns...
Immortal Sorcerer Loki: Get used to it, supposed Sorcerer Supreme. Everything's bigger in Asgard. 

Pick your Leaderboard Alias!

Immortal Sorcerer Loki: Prove you're worthy, and I may grace you with a display of superior sorcery.
Doctor Strange: That's very generous of you.
Thor: Did someone say worthy?!
Immortal Sorcerer Loki: Get out of here! We're doing sorcery things!
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 

N.B. The leaderboard tab will now be available next to the event menu. 




Iron Unicorn

Iron Man starts

Tech Wizard Iron Man: I'm wearing earplugs.
Wasp: Why?
Tech Wizard Iron Man: Because I wanted to tell you that I'm getting a unicorn.
Wasp: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Get Iron Man's Unicorn! 6 x Water Mandala (Defeat Eldritch Portals OR Zealots), 2258 Arcane Artifacts, 10s

Wasp: I can't believe you really got a unicorn! What's its name?!
Iron Man: Tony Stallion.
Wasp: You're so weird!
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 


By the Orb of Agamotto!
Black Widow starts

Doctor Strange: I need to locate the Orb of Agamotto. It will allow me to peer into other dimensions and worlds to discover who Kaecilius is attempting to summon.
Black Widow: You lost it?
Doctor Strange: The Sanctum Sanctorum is home to the greatest concentration of occult esoterica and mystical phenomena in existence. 
Black Widow: So, you lost it because your house is messy.
Doctor Strange: I've been meaning to have a yard sale. 

Get the Orb of Agamotto! 20 x Water Mandala (Defeat Eldritch Portals OR Zealots), 2816 Arcane Artifacts, 10s

Black Widow: Did the Orb of Agamotto show you who Kaecilius is trying to summon?
Doctor Strange: No, someone or something is blocking its sight. Someone or something with exceptionally powerful mystical abilities.
Black Widow: I guess we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way.
Doctor Strange: Agamotto is tens of millions of years old.
Black Widow: Then I guess we'll just do it my way...
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 


Dark Doorway
Black Widow starts

Black Widow: I can find out who Kaecilius is working with if you can show me how to enter the Dark Dimension.
Doctor Strange: I have to go alone.
Black Widow: I can handle it. I'm sure I've seen worse.
Doctor Strange: I can only enter with a magical disguise, and multiple protective spells. The beings there would sense you the second you stepped foot in their domain, and you'd immediately be torn to shreds by teeth and tentacles.
Black Widow: Then I guess you better start making me a magical disguise. 

Get the Dark Dimension Doorway! 80 x Water Mandala (Defeat Eldritch Portals OR Zealots), 8187 Arcane Artifacts, 10s

Black Widow: What did you see in the Dark Dimension?
Doctor Strange: Absolute chaos. They appear to be fighting to the death for the right to conquer our dimension.
Black Widow: Maybe we should just let them kill each other?
Doctor Strange: There are beings there who feed on death and despair. The victor will be unstoppable...
Black Widow: Is it weird that I kind of wish I fed on death and despair?
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 


What do you think of the Doctor Strange event so far? Keep an eye out for character profiles etc. coming soon!

Kou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment