Friday 16 December 2016

Doctor Strange Character Profile: Doctor Voodoo

The Doctor Is In
Doctor Strange starts

Doctor Strange
: Doctor.
Doctor Voodoo: Doctor.
Doctor Strange: I think it's time we introduced Kaecilius and his friends to a different sort of magic.
Doctor Voodoo: The magic of dance?
Doctor Strange: No, we've been trying that for a couple weeks, but I don't think it's working.

Free Doctor Voodoo!


Doctor Strange
: Do you think you can seal the Dark Dimension with voodoo?
Doctor Voodoo: I believe so. I'll need some magic crows...
Doctor Strange: I'm sure Odin will let you borrow his...
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Get Doctor Voodoo!
Mordo starts

Mordo
: We're gathering everything you need to perform your voodoo magic.
Doctor Voodoo: What are you planning, Mordo?
Mordo: What are you talking about?
Doctor Voodoo: I know you. I've spent years studying human behavior. I have a degree in psychology. I can tell you're hiding something...
Mordo: Maybe your mind was warped after spending so much time in the Dark Dimension.
Doctor Voodoo: Maybe. Or maybe there are greater dangers than the Dark Dimension...



- 4 Sacred Rattles (from Doctor Voodoo's Cat)
- 5 Psychology Degrees
(from defeating Kaecilius)
- 13 Voodoo Dolls
(from defeating Eldritch Portals)
- 6201 Arcane Artifacts



Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Doctor Voodoo! Let me know if there's anything you need.
Doctor Voodoo: I will need many bones. Preferably opposum.
Pepper Potts: Okay...
Doctor Voodoo: And a spirit couch. I sometimes summon my deceased brother Daniel, but he sinks into normal couches. Even better if the spirit couch reclines.
Pepper Potts: I'll see what I can find online...
Doctor Voodoo: And a guitar amp. I play Haitian death metal.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 


Life and Death Pt. 1
Doctor Voodoo starts

Loki: I've decided to call you Doctor Shabby-Staff.
Doctor Voodoo: Not all sorcerers are obsessed with appearances, Asgardian. The staff of Legba is infinitely more powerful than your precious scepter.
Loki: I'd add some bling.
Doctor Voodoo: I'd get to the point.
Loki: I understand you have the ability to see into someone's future. I'd like to know exactly when I'll come to rule the Nine Realms.
Doctor Voodoo: You may not like what you find...
Loki: I like everything involving me.

Doctor Voodoo Read the Bones! 1m



Loki Wield Sorcery! 1m

Loki: Let's hear it, Doctor Shabby-Staff. When exactly will I take my rightful place as king of Asgard, and ruler of the Nine Realms?
Doctor Voodoo: Never.
Loki: Liar! It's my destiny!
Doctor Voodoo: I take no joy in telling you this, Loki. And I certainly took none in what the bones revealed. You have to stop seeking power. Give up on the throne. Let Fury's secret be...
Loki: Are you telling me that my father will rule Asgard for all eternity?
Doctor Voodoo: No. He will pass the crown down to your sibling.
Loki: Thor?! That idiot can't rule the Nine Realms. He can't even do his own laundry. He just hits his clothes with a hammer to "banish the stink".
Doctor Voodoo: Thor won't rule Asgard, Loki. Your sister will...
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts

Life and Death Pt. 2
Doctor Voodoo starts

Enchantress: Well done, sorcerer. Loki is losing his mind after you lied to him about having a sister. I've been telling him it's probably Wasp.
Doctor Voodoo: I wasn't lying.
Enchantress: I'm the shining star of Asgard. I would know if Thor and Loki had a sister.
Doctor Voodoo: I only know what the bones revealed. I'm honestly much more interested in the evil sorcerer who's trying to unleash the horrors of the Dark Dimension on my friends.
Enchantress: Friends come and go. Juicy gossip is forever.

Doctor Voodoo Escape the Devourer! 5m
Enchantress Cast Spells! 1m

Enchantress: Your exhibition of power doesn't exactly inspire confidence in your prognostications.
Doctor Voodoo: Voodoo magic is dangerous and complex. I'll be the first to admit that I'm still learning.
Enchantress: I appreciate your honesty. It's quaint.
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts

Life and Death Pt. 3
Doctor Voodoo starts

Loki: We need to have words, Doctor Shabby-Staff. You can't float into my Academy and tell me that I won't be king of Asgard, and that I have a missing sister, and that my hair isn't as luscious as it once was...
Doctor Voodoo: I never said anything about your hair...
Loki: I'm actively ranting!
Doctor Voodoo: No, you've said enough. It's time I showed you why you should watch your words around Doctor Voodoo...

Upgrade Doctor Voodoo! 9 x Sling Rings (Defeat Kaecilius), 7033 Arcane Artifacts
Doctor Voodoo Play With Dolls! 1m, requires Wasp



Loki Study Arcane Lore! 3m

Loki: What did you do to me?
Doctor Voodoo: I gave you an introduction to voodoo.
Loki: You've opened my eyes to a whole new world of magical manipulation...
Doctor Voodoo: You haven't seen anything yet...
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


A New Approach Pt. 1
Doctor Voodoo starts

Mordo: Any insights on what Kaecilius is trying to summon from the Dark Dimension?
Doctor Voodoo: Not yet. I've been letting myself get distracted.
Mordo: This palce is very good at distractions. I'd suggest finding somewhere you can be alone.
Doctor Voodoo: I agree. Now and into the future...

Doctor Voodoo Research Rituals! 4m
Doctor Voodoo Read the Bones! 1m


Mordo: Did your latest ritual reveal anything about the Dark Dimension?
Doctor Voodoo: No, but I think I've finally seen the light...
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts

A New Approach Pt. 2
Doctor Voodoo starts

Doctor Voodoo: I've finally realized that I need help to solve the mysteries of the Dark Dimension. It's time I called my brother.
Mordo: Isn't your brother...?
Doctor Voodoo: Dead? Yes. But he usually takes my calls...

Upgrade Doctor Voodoo! 15 x Sling Rings, 8597 Arcane Artifacts



Doctor Voodoo Contact Your Brother! 3m
Doctor Voodoo Punch for Two! 1m

Mordo
: Did you contact your brother?
Doctor Voodoo: He's with me now.
Mordo: That's nice. I like to think that my relatives are watching over me.
Doctor Voodoo: You misunderstood. My brother's spirit is literally inside of my body. He augments my strength, and provides guidance.
Mordo: My family was never that close...
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Home Cooking Pt. 1
Doctor Voodoo starts

Doctor Voodoo: You've merged with Cthulhu?!
Cthulhu Black Widow: I made a sacrifice to stop whatever's coming through the Dark Dimension.
Doctor Voodoo: Why am I not going insane?
Cthulhu Black Widow: I mostly have that under control. Will making someone insane help the situation? I don't mind making someone insane one more time. I can quit anytime I want.
Doctor Voodoo: I'll find another way.
Cthulhu Black Widow: Alright. I think I'm gonna go make someone insane. Just one. I'll quit tomorrow...

Doctor Voodoo Escape the Devourer! 2m
Doctor Voodoo Merge Magic and Science! 1m
Black Widow Induce Insanity! 8h, requires Doctor Strange

Doctor Voodoo: I'm sorry, but you and the Young Masters of the Mystic Arts will have to battle Kaecilius for the time being. There's an emergency back home.
Cthulhu Black Widow: Can I do anything to help?
Doctor Voodoo: Possibly. Do you know anyone with experience fighting zombies?
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts

Home Cooking Pt. 2
Doctor Voodoo starts

Doctor Voodoo: A Haitian crimelord called Doctor Friday is using a mystical concoction to turn people into zombies, and sending them after heroes with mystical abilities. Will you help me stop them?
Maria Hill: I'm in. I was first in my class in Zombie Defense 101.
Moon Knight: I'll go grab my undead suit.
Elektra: I was coming back from the dead before it was cool.
Ms. Marvel: I've played so many games like this!
Blade: Let's dust some deadheads.
Zombie Taskmaster: This is awesome. I didn't think I was gonna get to wear this costume again until next Halloween.
Doctor Voodoo: Thanks everyone. It's time to go home...

Upgrade Doctor Voodoo! 24 x Sling Rings (Defeat Bosses), 9968 Arcane Artifacts
Doctor Voodoo Visit Port-au-Prince! 1m

Cthulhu Black Widow: Did you stop Doctor Friday and his zombie army?
Doctor Voodoo: Just barely. We nearly lost Taskmaster, and I would have become a zombie myself if it weren't for Moon Knight. I should have stopped the zombie uprising before it ever happened...
Cthulhu Black Widow: You can't be everywhere at once.
Doctor Voodoo: I can't in my current state. I think it's time I became something more...

Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts


Beyond Death Pt. 1
Doctor Voodoo starts

Doctor Voodoo: I need to become stronger. I feel like Kaecilius is only the beginning of the mystical threats we'll have to face. Even if we survive the beings from the Dark Dimension, there will always be something worse...
Doctor Strange: You can take anything you need from the Sanctum Sanctorum.
Doctor Voodoo: Thank you, but I don't want to have to depend on artifacts and weapons. I want to see how far I can push my powers...
Doctor Strange: Have you talked to The Ancient One?
Doctor Voodoo: I stopped by her meditation center, but she was busy punching the astral forms out of new students.
Doctor Strange: Just knock on the door, and clear your throat really loud. She can always astral punch them back in... 

Doctor Voodoo Play With Dolls!
1m, requires Wasp
Doctor Voodoo Read the Bones! 2m

Doctor Voodoo: Can you teach me any techniques to increase my powers?
The Ancient One: Nope.
Doctor Voodoo: Why?!
The Ancient One: Because you aren't lacking mystical knowledge, desire, or technique. You're only lacking access.
Doctor Voodoo: Access to what?
The Ancient One: Worlds where the techniques you need are being born every day...
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts

Beyond Dead Pt. 2
Doctor Voodoo starts

The Ancient One: I should tell you that I've never let any of my students enter the realms I'm about to show you. I've only been there once myself, and have no plans of returning.
Doctor Voodoo: Because it's too dangerous?
The Ancient One: Because it's not a place for our special brand of mysticism. You aren't more powerful than Mordo or Stephen Strange, but you have the capacity to understand things that they can't fathom.
Doctor Voodoo: Like what?
The Ancient One: There are many places the living can travel. There are a few places the dead can go. There are only two places I know of that are only accessible to those who are both living and deceased.
Doctor Voodoo: But I'm not deceased...
The Ancient One: But your brother is. And your brother is a part of you...

Upgrade Doctor Voodoo! 37 x Sling Rings (Defeat Bosses), 13879 Arcane Artifacts




Doctor Voodoo Push Mystical Limits! 1m

The Ancient One: I expected you to come back even stronger. I did not expect the outfit change. I like it.
Doctor Voodoo: A new look for a new Doctor Voodoo.
The Ancient One: Did you find what you were looking for?
Doctor Voodoo: I believe so. I believe the dead need my protection just as much as the living...
Reward: 20 Arcane Artifacts 




What do you think of Doctor Voodoo? Were you able to recruit him?

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment