Friday 28 April 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event is Live!

Morning Avengers!!


The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event is now live in our games! In order to participate, players must download the latest update, be at Academy Level 6, and have placed Van Dyne's Outfits.  The event will end on June 1st at 3 pm PDT/6 pm EDT.

Episode 1 of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event ends on May 4th at 3 pm PDT/6 pm EDT. Complete all gold-starred quests to advance!


FAQ

How do I recruit Star-Lord?

Start the quest "We're Back!" to invite Star-Lord! To recruit him to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 8 Blaster Ammo (Special Event Missions)
- 3 Fuzzy Dice (Collect from Starlin's)
- Have Iron-Man "Study Alien Armor"

Once you turn in these items, Star-Lord will join the Academy. He must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or he will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I unlock Nova?

Nova is available for 545 Shards! You can find him in the gold capsule in the event play space.
Nova increases drops from the Mission Board for recruiting heroes for this event! He also converts fuel for fighting bosses and trains his own combat skills in Episode 2 and beyond.

How do I fight Ronan?

Start the quest "Get Cosmic Awesomeness!" to begin fighting Ronan! You will need Cosmic Disruptors from the Mission Board to fight him.
Ronan drops Stars and Kree Seals for opening Groot's Galactic Crate.

How do I recruit Groot?

Get Groot and other out-of-this-world prizes from Groot's Galactic Crate! Use Kree Seals from defeating Ronan to open it.
Kree Seals will be available through alternate ways in future episodes.

How do I recruit Gamora?

Start the quest "Gamora's Galaxy!" to invite Gamora! To recruit her to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 12 Blasters (Special Event Missions OR Groot's Galactic Crate)
- 9 Cassettes
(Collect from Star-Lord's Cassette Desk)
- Have Star-Lord "Practice Your Moves" 2 times

Once you turn in these items, Gamora will join the Academy. She must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I recruit Drax?
Once you have completed the quest "Gamora's Galaxy", start the quest "Drax is Back!" to invite Drax! To recruit him to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items:

- 12 Daggers (Special Event Missions OR Groot's Galactic Crate)
- 8 Bowls of Food (Collect from the Ramen Shop)
- Have Gamora "Melt Faces" 7 times
- Defeat Ronan once
Once you turn in these items, Drax will join the Academy. He must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or he will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I recruit Rocket Raccoon?

Once you have completed the quest "Drax is Back", start the quest "Rocket's Away" to invite Rocket Raccoon! To recruit him to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 20 Swear Jars (Special Event Missions OR Groot's Galactic Crate)
- 8 Wrenches
(Collect from Rocket's Hot Rod)
- Have Drax "Destroy the Drums" 10 times
- Defeat Ronan three times

Once you turn in these items, Rocket Raccoon will join the Academy. He must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or he will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I unlock Thor Groot?

Thor Groot is a special, limited-time outfit for this event! It is available in the Shop for 445 Shards. Thor Groot boosts Groot's combat stats in battle.
It must be unlocked before the event ends or it will no longer be available at that time. 

What if I've already unlocked all the characters previously?

Great job, superstar! Kick back and relax, and get ready to save the galaxy next week!


NEW SHOP ITEMS

Nova, 545 Shards (more info tbc)
Groot's Galactic Crate! 1 Kree Seal (more info tbc)
Starlin's, 10 Stars, drops 1 Fuzzy Dice every 4h, 30s
Small Space Tree, 30 Stars
Large Space Tree, 60 Stars
Cosmic Conservatory Sign, 1000 Stars
Space Mushrooms, 70 Stars
Space Bonsai, 80 Stars
Hybrid Space Plant, 100 Stars
Nova Blaster Arcade, 100 Stars
Galaxy Tiles, 25 Stars


QUESTS

We're Back!
Wasp starts

Star-Lord: That was our best space trip yet. We only almost got killed three times, and two of those were Rocket trying to kill us.
Nick Fury: Did you make contact with the Celestial and the two incoming ships?
Star-Lord: We made eye contact as they passed by the asteroid we were hiding behind. Actually, we didn't even make eye contact. I made that part up.
Nick Fury: How about new recruits?
Star-Lord: We got at least five of the awesomest cosmic warriors in the galaxy.
Nick Fury: That includes the dog and the toddler?
Star-Lord: He's a really tough toddler...

Recruit Star-Lord!
- 8 Blaster Ammo (Special Event Missions)

- 3 Fuzzy Dice (Collect from Starlin's)
- Have Iron-Man "Study Alien Armor"


Odin: We need to speak.
Nick Fury: I know we have two ships, and a Celestial incoming. The Guardians recruited some help. And a toddler.
Odin: We have worse problems.
Nick Fury: What's worse than a Celestial?
Odin: Thanos.
Reward: 10 Stars




WORLD NEWS: GUARD THE ACADEMY!


Awesome cosmic news from Avengers Academy as the Guardians of the Galaxy have returned, promising new intergalactic recruits, and interstellar threats. The Guardians promise to use their new friends and upgraded arsenal to turn back any and all invaders... Including the infamous Mad Titan Thanos. I heard they're bringing a dog and a toddler, so I'm hyped.

... Study shows New Yorkers have a high tolerance for alien invasions ... DJ Vision pretends everything circular is a turntable. Laughter ensues ... How to get webbing out of hair? Asking for a friend ...


Gamora's Galaxy
Star-Lord starts

Star-Lord: I'm free!
Gamora: Your parents must be proud.
Star-Lord: Harsh...
Gamora: I said it without considering the implications, and now I feel like a jerk.

Recruit Gamora!
- 12 Blasters (Special Event Missions OR Groot's Galactic Crate)
- 9 Cassettes
(Collect from Star-Lord's Cassette Desk)
- Have Star-Lord "Practice Your Moves" 2 times


Iron Man Do Super-Science, 3m
Star-Lord Go For a Stroll, 3m

Star-Lord: Let's celebrate your arrival with a kiss.
Gamora: A Celestial is headed toward the Academy. We're in the shadow of the grim spectre of death.
Star-Lord: I thought you were into that kind of thing...
Reward: 10 Stars


Galaxy Trek
Star-Lord starts

Moon Girl: This is your ship?
Rocket Raccoon: Me and Stark built it. He did all the lame stuff.
Moon Girl: You really think this thing is gonna stand up to Collector, and the Priestesses of the Sovereign?
Rocket Raccoon: I don't even know what that means.
Moon Girl: Don't they teach you outer space raccoons anything?

Place Milano Starship!

Nick Fury: I heard you got new combat suits.
Star-Lord: Yessir. They are sweeeeeeeeet!
Nick Fury: Put 'em on.
Star-Lord: Sure, you want us to do an intergalactic fashion show to bring in new recruits?
Nick Fury: I want you to not die. Although I'm already questioning why.
Reward: 10 Stars


Fight Like a Guardian
Star-Lord starts


Drax the Destroyer
: You need to practice fighting, Quill. This will be the biggest battle of our lives.
Star-Lord: Why are you only telling me?
Drax the Destroyer: You're the weakest.
Star-Lord: I'm stronger than Rocket.
Drax the Destroyer: Rocket has a collection of deadly weapons, and sharp teeth. You have a stack of filthy cassette tapes, and love handles.
Star-Lord: It's not my fault I'm so lovable.

Place the Cosmic Combat Simulator!
Upgrade Cosmic Combat Simulator to Level 3!

Rocket Raccoon: Show me how to use your sword, and I'll show you how to use my bazooka.
Gamora: If you touch my sword, I'll remove your snout.
Rocket Raccoon: Why do you always have to escalate everything?
Gamora: Yesterday, Drax asked what was for breakfast, and you hit him with a frying pan.
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah, but that's different. It was funny.
Gamora: It was very funny.
Reward: 10 Stars


Star of the Club
Star-Lord starts

Star-Lord: It's time to dance!
Groot: I am Groot!
Star-Lord: Don't be so hard on yourself! I've spent my whole life perfecting these moves!

Place Club Galaxy!
Upgrade Club Galaxy to Level 3!

Drax the Destroyer: I don't understand dancing.
Groot: I am Groot!
Drax the Destroyer: I also don't understand what you're saying. 
Reward: 10 Stars


Drax is Back!
Gamora starts

Drax the Destroyer: Is it true that Thanos is coming?
Gamora: Yes. We're going to make him wish that he never messed with Avengers Academy.
Drax the Destroyer: How will we do that?
Gamora: We'll kill him.
Drax the Destroyer: If he's dead, he won't be able to make wishes. You really need to think this through.

Recruit Drax!
- 12 Daggers (Special Event Missions OR Groot's Galactic Crate)
- 8 Bowls of Food (Collect from the Ramen Shop)
- Have Gamora "Melt Faces" 7 times
- Defeat Ronan once

Gamora Stay Sharp, 3m
Defeat Ronan! 2 x Cosmic Disruptors (Special Event Missions)

Drax the Destroyer: Where's Rocket?
Star-Lord: I don't know. Why?
Drax the Destroyer: When we last spoke, he told me to stick it where the sun don't shine, but he left before I could get the specifics.
Star-Lord: There are countless places where the sun don't shine...
Drax the Destroyer: I could count them, but it would be a waste of time.
Reward: 10 Stars


Rocket's Away
Drax starts

Rocket Raccoon: This place always smells like Hulk feet.
Drax the Destroyer: You're three-feet-tall. You're closer to all of the feet.
Rocket Raccoon: I'm four-feet-tall, you topless avocado.
Drax the Destroyer: I know you don't really believe I'm an avocado, and that's just a derogatory comparison to my green skin.
Rocket Raccoon: Congratulations. You're a little bit less of an idiot.
Drax the Destroyer: Thank you.

Recruit Rocket Raccoon!
- 20 Swear Jars (Special Event Missions OR Groot's Galactic Crate)
- 8 Wrenches
(Collect from Rocket's Hot Rod)
- Have Drax "Destroy the Drums" 10 times
- Defeat Ronan three times

 
Drax Destroy the Drums, 3m
Defeat Ronan 3 times! 

Rocket Raccoon: Where's Groot?
Star-Lord: Why does everybody think that I know where everybody else is?
Rocket Raccoon: Because you're supposed to be in charge, jackass.
Star-Lord: If I was really in charge, you wouldn't call me a jackass.
Rocket Raccoon: I'd call you Captain Jackass.
Reward: 10 Stars


Me vs. Kree
Rocket Raccoon starts


Ronan
: You have no idea how long I've been plotting my revenge...
Star-Lord Thirty-three days!
Ronan: What? It's a figure of speech, I wasn't--
Star-Lord: Wait! Thirty-five days! I feel like it's around thirty days. I'm basing that on nothing, but I really wanna win this. Am I getting warmer?
Ronan: This isn't a game, you fool. This is life and death. This is--
Star-Lord: Thirty-one days!

Rocket Raccoon Blow Stuff Up, 15m
Defeat Ronan 5 times!

Ronan: Defeated twice by a team of trees and morons...
Groot: I am Groot!
Ronan: The tree is also a moron.
Reward: 10 Stars 


???
Rocket Raccoon starts

Rocket Raccoon: You ready for this, Quill?
Star-Lord: Sure. It's only Thanos, an indestructible Celestial, and two battleships full of who-knows-what. No big deal.
Rocket Raccoon: I heard they got some kinda man-eating tentacle monster too.
Star-Lord: Cool. The more the merrier. I'm not worried about it.
Rocket Raccoon: Why's your eye twitching so much?
Star-Lord: That's what happens when I'm feeling especially confident. It's like my eyelid is clapping for my face.

Rocket Raccoon Break it Down, 15m
Star-Lord Dance-Off! 15m
Gamora Melt Faces, 3m

Nick Fury: What's the status on the vaults?
Hank Pym: It appears Scientist Supreme was indeed the initial hacker, but that once the doors were open, someone or something else created an energy field that's keeping the doors open, and the contents unreachable.
Nick Fury: Can you shrink the whole thing?
Hank Pym: The entire underground structure?!
Nick Fury: Yes.
Hank Pym: I thought you'd never ask!
Reward: 10 Stars 


Get Cosmic Awesomeness!
Wasp starts

Groot: I am Groot!
Ronan: You're standing in between me and the Infinity Gauntlet, which means you're nothing but a dead tree walking.
Groot: I am Groot!
Ronan: I have no idea what you're saying, but I'm going to pretend that it's just another excuse to beat you senseless.



Open Groot's Galactic Crate! 1 Kree Seal (Defeat Ronan)

Rocket Raccoon: Where you been?
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: And you didn't invite me?!
Groot: I am Groot...
Rocket Raccoon: What do you mean, I can be abrasive?!
Reward: 10 Stars




Activate the Thor Infinity Statue!
Iron Man starts

Place the Hawkeye Statue & activate the Thor Statue!


Reward: 10 Credits 



What do you think of the event so far? Any characters you're particularly excited to see? Are you going to be enjoying a lil break this week?

Kou.

22 comments:

  1. Anyone else bothered by the fact that Ronon keeps getting stronger, but there's currently no way to level up your own health or attack? Or is it a bug on my end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even access any info in the game. Though I've managed to beat Ronon all the way through to the last one that maybe because I already unlocked all the guardians not including nova and Groot

      Delete
    2. Hi Kaleb, currently it isn't possible to upgrade the strength of the fighters. Personally I prefer it like this as it relies only on timing to beat the bosses. If the characters can be upgraded, the boss is always much more powerful. Having said that, it is likely that when the full event starts on Thursday, the ability to train will be introduced.

      Delete
    3. Hi Ben, the full event will be released on Thursday night/Friday morning depending on your timezone. The first week is an opportunity for people to get the original Guardians characters.

      Delete
  2. Can you please explain how this could possibly be better than being able to upgrade? At the rate Ronon is gaining strength, there's no way in hell I'll be able to beat him enough times to unlock Groot, unless I can get stronger too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So because characters take around 2h to heal and there are 16h available during the higher streaks, you can save up your cosmic Disruptors and hit Ronan multiple times. As he has a lower health than he would do of we were able to train, we are able to defeat him. Once training is introduced, even if you hit a boss multiple times during a high streak it won't matter unless you trained them for ages, having to go through several steps to get the level required to beat the boss. This way is nice and direct in comparison.

      Delete
    2. P.S. if you have Rocket he is stronger than Star-Lord, Drax and Gamora (unless you have Star-Lord's outfit which increases his strength)

      Delete
  3. Is anyone else getting the locked menu for the galaxy menu? Every tab is locked, I have nova and Thor groot now, but nothing is unlocked or open for the event. Wth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adam, the full event will be released on Thursday night/Friday morning depending on your timezone. The first week is an opportunity for people to get the original Guardians characters.

      Delete
  4. I have the same problem, the Galaxy menu is all locked, tried reloading the game but everything is still locked. If event is supposed to going, how is it everything is locked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, the full event will be released on Thursday night/Friday morning depending on your timezone. The first week is an opportunity for people to get the original Guardians characters.

      Delete
  5. Has anyone got Groot?? It's frustating.. cause everytime I manage to exchange Kree Seals.. I'd always pray I would get it.. but as you expected.. Will I get groot when the full Galaxy Menu opened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course... then the Full Event Release.. and I've missed my chance to recruit Groot.. Hope I can get little Groot..

      Delete
    2. I can't confirm as I already have Groot, but other people said it's possible to get Kree Seals from fighting the Chitauri? So you can still open the box during the event.

      Delete
  6. It looks to me like Groot is only unlocked by opening Groot's Galactic Crate. Of course, you'll need to open it a whole bunch of times before you get him, as the loot isn't truly random. Only Star Lord, Gamora, Drax and Rocket seem to be the invited characters for before the event begins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I have been waiting a week to have this event to start and it hasn't started. Is this a bug or something. I just want to play the event. This is so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you have completed the quests "Me vs. Kree" and "The Golden Touch", you will be able to start episode 2!

      Delete
  8. Omg I'm having like the same problem as you!! Like the quests are there, but the tabs are locked, and there's this huge ass EMPTY blue stage :'-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you have completed the quests "Me vs. Kree" and "The Golden Touch", you will be able to start episode 2!

      Delete
  9. I am also having the same problem. I can see no info on this event. I have beaten Ronan 7 times. Recruited up to rocket. No groot yet from chest. And boss area is empty. What should I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you have completed the quests "Me vs. Kree" and "The Golden Touch", you will be able to start episode 2!

      Delete
  10. Where to find groot galactic crate? Cause it been missing after I unlocked groot. Help me please.

    ReplyDelete