Thursday 27 April 2017

Legends Assemble! Character Profile: J.A.R.V.I.S.

At Your Service
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: Jarvis?!
J.A.R.V.I.S.: It's good to see you, sir. However peculiar the circumstances.
Iron Man: How? Who? What?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Where and why. I only had to teach the five W's one time. Even as a child, you were masterful at information gathering and problem solving.
Iron Man: Your body...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: The prototype for what you know as a Life Model Decoy. Your father built it to ensure that you would be taken care of should anything happen to your parents, and the butler formerly known as Jarvis.
Iron Man: Who activated you?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I'm honestly not certain, sir. I awoke in the strange fog surrounding this campus, and immediately made my way toward you. I'm an Englishman, so it will take more than a bit of fog to keep me from my duties.

Free J.A.R.V.I.S.! 100 Tridents



J.A.R.V.I.S.: Sir, would you like me to continue running diagnostics on the Hulkbuster prototype?
Iron Man: Wait, so you're that J.A.R.V.I.S. too? You're my computer system?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I wirelessly downloaded the entire system into my neural networks upon arrival. I assumed you wouldn't mind since you chose to name the system after me. Thank you for the honor, by the way.
Iron Man: This is so weird...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: When you work for the Starks, you quickly become accustomed to weirdness.
Reward: 10 Tridents




Get
J.A.R.V.I.S.!
Wasp starts

Wasp: Jarvis! You're totally sort of real!
J.A.R.V.I.S.: It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss van Dyne. You have diligently protected young Mr. Stark in my absence, and for that, I am eternally grateful.
Wasp: I'd do anything for Tony!
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Will you help me eradicate his enemies to assure he'll never be threatened again?
Wasp: I'll eradicate everything for no good reason!


Recruit J.A.R.V.I.S.!
- 8 Black Torpedoes (Defeat the A.I.M. Battleship)

- 44 White Gloves (Special Event Missions)

- 7 Handkerchiefs (Collect from Peggy's Plane)

- 4330 Tridents 


Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Jarvis! Is there anything I can do for you?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Profess your love for young Mr. Stark.
Pepper Potts: Excuse me?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Only if you believe you love him, as I believe he loves you.
Pepper Potts: Did he say that? I mean, love is a really strong word. Even if I did, there are so many other things I want to do...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: If there is one thing I learned from the elder Mr. Stark, it is that thousands of accomplishments can fall victim to a single regret.
Reward: 10 Tridents


Mind Your Matters Pt. 1
Jarvis starts

J.A.R.V.I.S.: Shall we head to Stark Tower, sir? I believe I can help with your inventions in this form.
Iron Man: You always help, Jarvis.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I do my best, sir, but I believe having hands will allow me to be much more hands on.

Jarvis Tend to Tony, 3m, requires Iron Man

Iron Man: I feel like a little kid again.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I have no intention of treating you like a child, sir. I'm only here to support you in your daily activities, and protect you from danger if necessary.
Iron Man: So no pancakes shaped like Captain America?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Capcakes are always on the menu, sir.
Reward: 10 Tridents 

Mind Your Matters Pt. 2
Jarvis starts

J.A.R.V.I.S.: If you don't mind, sir, I would like to take some time for myself.
Iron Man: Do whatever you want. I don't even know what you do for fun besides vacuum to nineties rap.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I couldn't help but notice the diving board. I was a championship diver in my day.
Iron Man: I never even thought about you having any interests outside of being a butler...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I try not to blow your mind, sir. I don't want to clean up the mess.   

Jarvis A Perfect Ten, 5m

Odin: Impressive diving, Jarvis! You should consider joining the official swim team of Asgard!
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Thank you, sir. Who is currently on the team?
Odin: Me, Volstagg, Valkyrie, Fandral, and Hogun the Grim. We compete against the Olympians once every three hundred years.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I would be honored, sir.
Odin: Excellent! I'll have Heimdall send your armored speedo across the Bifrost!
Reward: 10 Tridents 

Mind Your Matters Pt. 3
Jarvis starts

J.A.R.V.I.S.: Do you think young Mr. Stark will mind if I tidy up Stark Tower? There appears to be a thin layer of cheese covering every surface in the building.
Wasp: Where did he get his cheese addiction?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: His father had a similar affliction. There were many mornings where I would find him asleep in his laboratory, covered in gorgonzola and cracker crumbs.
Wasp: It'll take all year to clean every surface in Stark Tower!
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I have been doing this for a very long time, Miss van Dyne. I have my ways...

Upgrade J.A.R.V.I.S.! 12 x Black Torpedoes, 5190 Tridents
Jarvis Maintain Stark Tower, 3mVision: Very impressive. I thought my daughter Viv and I were the only heroes at Avengers Academy with phasing capabilites.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: It's technically not phasing. I'm able to enter the computer system running through the building, and manifest physically in one of the many power nodes.
Vision: At times, your voice sounds incredibly similar to mine...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I noticed it as well. Perhaps we should start a barbershop quartet.
Vision: Perhaps I can be the DJ, and you the rapper.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Word.

Reward: 10 Tridents


Get Smart Pt. 1
Jarvis starts

Black Widow: I need to ask you some questions.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Of course. What can I do for you?
Black Widow: The more I learn about Fury's secrets and the history of this place, the more I'm sure that some students have been working with him the whole time. Most of them talk to you for one reason or another. I want the recordings.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I hate to not be of help, but that would go against their right to privacy.
Black Widow: You're not a cop.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Correct. I am also not a snitch.

Jarvis A Perfect Ten, 4m


Orrgo: Orrgo heard you're sharing our private conversations.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Absolutely not, sir. Both the elder and young Mr. Stark programmed me with the utmost respect for privacy and secrecy.
Orrgo: Good. Orrgo doesn't need the whole school knowing his business. What happens in Mentelleronite, stays in Mentelleronite.
Reward: 10 Tridents

Get Smart Pt. 2
Jarvis starts

Loki: I understand you're intent protecting people's deepest secrets, Jarface. What's the point of knowing secrets if you aren't going to use them for manipulation and personal gain?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I am going to assume that you're presenting a rhetorical question as a means of stating the opposing view.
Loki: I think you might want to reconsider the sanctity of secrecy. What if one of these secrets is bound to endanger the life of your precious Tony Stark?

Upgrade J.A.R.V.I.S.! 25 x Black Torpedoes, 7670 Tridents

RANK 3

Jarvis Talk to Yourself, 5m

J.A.R.V.I.S.: I have engaged in conversations with my expanded network, and come to the realization that some of your secrets could endanger young Mr. Stark.
Nick Fury: Letting go of even one of my secrets would put everyone in danger.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I would like access to the full extent of what you know.
Nick Fury: You and a whole lot of other people. You're just gonna have to trust me.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I will give you the benefit of the doubt for the time being. If you endanger young Mr. Stark, I will be forced to remind you that I am mainly comprised of information. And information is power.
Reward: 10 Tridents   


Life Model Decoy Pt. 1
Jarvis starts

J.A.R.V.I.S.: Sir, I wanted to let you know that I will be taking an extended leave of absence to unearth Director Fury's deepest secrets, and uncover the origins of the timefog.
Iron Man: ...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Sir?
Iron Man: Sorry, Pepper just asked me out on a date, and it took all of my concentration not to roll around on the ground making high-pitched noises. What'd you say?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Nevermind, sir. Please give Miss Potts my warmest regards.

Jarvis Tend to Tony, 3m, requires Iron Man

Black Widow: I know what you're doing...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: It's no secret that I'm on a mission to uncover Director Fury's secrets, and ensure that they pose no danger to young Mr. Stark or his friends. That includes you, Miss Romanova.
Black Widow: I'm not talking about your mission. I'm talking about the stolen tech you're bringing on your mission.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I prefer the term borrowed. I have every intention of returning the portal and assorted weaponry to Mr. Pym.
Black Widow: I have every intention of going with you. And I don't take no for an answer...
Reward: 10 Tridents

Life Model Decoy Pt. 2
Jarvis starts

Peggy Carter: All of my friends are dead or robots...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I require your assistance, Miss Carter. You demand the utmost respect from everyone on campus, and the butler formerly known as Jarvis considered you one of his favorite friends and allies.
Peggy Carter: Flattery wont get you anywhere, but an interesting mission might. What exactly do you have in mind?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I plan on travelling through time. You would seem to be an expert on the subject.

Upgrade J.A.R.V.I.S.!
?? Black Torpedoes, ?? Tridents
Jarvis Collect Clues, 5m  

Peggy Carter: What exactly happened back there?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I thought the portal would take us to the exact place and time just before Avengers Academy was founded, but I apparently miscalculated.
Peggy Carter: What the hell were those things?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Aliens. Chitauri to be exact. You and Miss Romanova have my thanks for clearing our way back to the portal.
Peggy Carter: You didn't do too bad yourself. Did we travel to their planet? I could hardly see through all of the chaos...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: I don't believe so, but I can't be certain. The only certainty at the moment is that we require reinforcements.
Reward: 10 Tridents


World Wide Web Pt. 1

Jarvis starts

J.A.R.V.I.S.: I need to temporarily divert all of the power in Stark Tower into a new system I'm creating that allows for interplanetary reconnaissance, and remote Arc Reactor enabled drones capable of self-replicating.
Iron Man: ...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Sir?
Iron Man: Sorry, Pepper just texted me a smily face. What could it mean?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: Perhaps it means Miss Potts is in love with you, but only wants to take a small step at this point in fear of rejection. Perhaps you should tell her how you truly feel.
Iron Man: I mean, it's a smily face, but it's not the most smily face. Maybe that means she just likes me a little bit. Maybe she thinks the most smily face is too cheesy. Maybe her thumb slipped. Where's Wasp? She'll know...


Jarvis Maintain Stark Tower,
4m


Captain America: I heard you're getting ready to go to war...
J.A.R.V.I.S.: That is not the exact intent, but it is a fairly likely outcome, Mr. Rogers. Thank you, by the way.
Captain America: For what?
J.A.R.V.I.S.: You personally tutored the butler formerly known as Jarvis in unarmed combat, and you remain a measure of greatness for everyone I hold dear in this life and the last.
Captain America: Thank me when we win your war...
Reward: 10 Tridents

World Wide Web Pt. 2
Jarvis starts

J.A.R.V.I.S.: I neither condone sweets nor deception, so I refuse to sugarcoat this situation. We are trying to uncover a mystery, but we are very likely walking into a war. There is no shame in declining. Particularly you, sir.
Iron Man: I'm gonna let me robo-butler fight a spacetime war without me? What would Pepper think?
Captain America: We have your back, Jarvis.
Peggy Carter: Looks like I'll have to rescue Captain America for the thousandth time...
Vision: I have to protect the hottest rapper in the game.
Loki: I support your newfound love of violence, Jarface.
Black Widow: The quicker we leave, the quicker we find what Fury is hiding.
J.A.R.V.I.S.: My sentiments exactly, Miss Romanova.

Upgrade J.A.R.V.I.S.! 101 Black Torpedoes, 20090 Tridents
Jarvis Access All Systems, 3m

Reward: 10 Tridents


What do you think of J.A.R.V.I.S.? Were you able to recruit him?

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment