Wednesday 23 March 2016

Unlocking Loki & Black Widow

Hi there, Future Avengers!
This is the second walkthrough and dialogue of Marvel Avengers Academy! Pepper Potts will finish guiding you through the basics of the game, and most of it is fairly quick and straightforward, but just in case you accidentally tapped too fast, here's all the cool dialogue for you to read as well! When we left off, Wasp had just been telling Iron Man that they needed another recruit...


Asgardian Grudge
Iron Man starts

Pepper Potts: Wasp found us an immortal sorcerer to help you take down Hydra! I'm afraid he might be a little evil...
Iron Man: Who isn't?

Note: Option to log into an account now available! See Tutorial post for more details.

Invite Loki to the Academy

Wasp: We need your help, Loki.
Loki: You need to right your wrongs, Bug-Woman. The embarrassing pictures you took of me at that party are still floating around your internet.
Wasp: That's what you get for starting a prank war. If we fix it, will you help us fight some Hydra guys?
Loki: If you repair my reputation, bring me something extravagant, and craft me a heartfelt apology, I most likely won't destroy you all.

Recruit Loki
- Build The Academy Banner, 20 Credits

(Pepper: Now that you've given Loki his gift, tap on Loki to let him know.)

Loki: This is your idea of a gift?
Wasp: School spirit is the gift that keeps on giving!

- Iron Man Repair Loki's Reputation, 30s

(Pepper: Now that you've deleted the photos, tap on Loki to let him know.)

Loki: Thank you for deleting those photos. Your internet is a useless forum for gossip and kitten videos.
Iron Man: I've found it pretty useful...

- Wasp Fake An Apology, 30s

(Pepper: Now that you've written the apology, tap on Loki to let him know.)

Loki: Only you could find a way to spell a sad face wrong.


Wasp: Are you happy now?
Loki: Your apology was thoughtless. And your grammar is questionable at best.
Wasp: But can we count on you when Hydra attacks the Academy?
Loki: Everyone knows you can always trust Loki...
Reward: 28 Credits


ACADEMY LEVEL 3
Reward: 4 Shards


Dance Date
Wasp starts

Wasp: Looks like the Hydra fight is about to happen, but I don't wanna just sit around waiting. I say we go on a date!
Iron Man: Um...I...uh...
Wasp: Just for fun, dummy. You're way too high-maintenance for me.

(Pepper: I'll show you how to get enough Credits to build Club A!)

Pepper Potts: I guess a club with a dance floor could help recruiting, but you'll need more Academy Credits to build it. I'll show you how to get them at our Mission Board!

(Pepper: Completing missions at the Mission Board earns you Academy Credits! White ones are missions that require different heroes, and earn awesome rewards! Blue ones are your active story quests. Here's the one you were just working on. We'll come back to it soon...)

Tap Loki's Mission

Pepper Potts: Loki, please use your sorcery to showcase what you bring to the Academy. Also, please don't turn anyone into something gross.

Magic Show
Loki Exhibit Greatness, 8s
Reward: 3 Credits

(Pepper: The checkmark means your mission is complete, and your reward is ready! And here's your special delivery! Just one more mission, and you'll have enough Credits for the Club!)

Tap Wasp's Mission

Nick Fury: Send some messages and pics to potential recruits. Let's show 'em what makes Avengers Academy great.

Get New Recruits
Wasp Promote The Academy!, 5s
Reward: 5 Credits

(Pepper: Now that you have enough Credits, let's go back and help Wasp build the Club!)

Build Club A, 98 Credits, 3s
Wasp Let's Dance, 10s, requires Iron Man

Iron Man: That was pretty impressive.
Wasp: Yeah, my powers are enhanced by the ferocity of my dancing.
Iron Man: Really?
Wasp: No, I'm just kidding. If my powers were based on partying, I'd make the Hulk look like Pepper.
Reward: 39 Credits


Avengers Assemble
Iron Man starts

Hydra Bully: Nice work, Stark. You got ready to fight Hydra by teaming up with a cheerleader and a leprechaun...
Iron Man: More like a Super Hero, and an immortal sorcerer, but who's counting?
Hydra Bully: You think we're scared of you?
Wasp: You better be.
Loki: Oh, this is going to be fun...

Cut Scene taking out the Hydra Bullies!

Black Widow: Not bad. They'll be back for revenge, but for now we can focus on exposing the Academy's secrets, and finding what Fury is hiding.
Iron Man: How do you always show up out of nowhere?
Black Widow: I'm a spy.
Iron Man: I'm single.
Black Widow: I'm wishing I had better options for teammates...
Reward: 26 Credits


Mystery Ingredients
Iron Man starts

Pepper Potts: I'm happy Black Widow is ready to officially join the Academy. She's been lurking around for a while now...
Iron Man: And I'm pretty sure she's into me...

Invite Black Widow to the Academy

Black Widow: I need your help gathering intel on the Academy, and the surrounding fog. I don't know how to clear it, but I know it holds clues to what Fury is hiding...
Iron Man: Nothing can stop the power of love.
Black Widow: Get out of here before I throat-chop you.

Recruit Black Widow
- Collect 3 Academy Secrets (various Missions on the Mission Board) 
Black Widow: It's worse than I thought. I really will have to work with you people...

- Collect 3 Avengers Textbooks (various Missions on the Mission Board)
Black Widow: Great. More Academy propaganda...

 - Have Wasp Collect Evidence, 5m
Black Widow: Thanks. I can definitely use the photos where your face isn't in the way.
Wasp: You know you love my face...

- 100 Credits
Black Widow: I can always use these to bribe someone... 


Black Widow: These pictures are amazing, Wasp. You captured every weird variation in the way the stones fit together in the quad. I know it means something...
Wasp: Thanks! It was super fun! Someone should make a word for taking pictures that aren't of yourself.
Black Widow: Like photography?
Wasp: Or "otheries".
Reward: 32 Credits


Mischief Magic
Loki starts

Odin: I'm glad you finally agreed to attend the Academy, Loki. Are you staying out of trouble?
Loki: Absolutely, Father. I'm completely focused on becoming a better sorcerer. I'm on my way to study the Asgardian spellbooks as we speak.
Odin: Thank you for taking this seriously. I'm mentoring here because I believe in the principles of Avengers Academy. I think it will be good for you.
Loki: I agree. The more I explore, the more I find to like...

Build The Timeless Archives, 75 Credits, 8s
Loki Get Settled In, 30s

Odin: What did you learn?
Loki: I learned that Thor must have held the book last because it's covered in gravy stains.
Odin: Loki...
Loki: I'm studying illusions and defenses, Father. I can create them, but I need to get better at defining and dismantling them. It may be more difficult than I anticipated, but I'll get there...
Reward: 15 Credits


Buy One, Get One
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: If we recruit Black Widow faster, we can go right back to getting new heroes and buildings to help fight Hydra!
Wasp: If I had two big teeth instead of wings, I would've called myself The Walrus!
Iron Man: ...
Wasp: What's wrong with you?! Let's hurry up and save the world! 

Buy a Box of Credits and get US$5 for free!

Iron Man: Now we can build up the Academy, recruit more heroes, and defeat Hydra even faster!
Wasp: The only thing I hate more than Hydra is waiting!
Iron Man: We are weirdly similar...
Wasp: We're weirdos!
Reward: 260 Shards

Note: This is NOT a compulsory mission. Feel free to contact TinyCo if you want it removing from your Mission Board or you can leave it there until you wish to make a purchase.
If you use this offer, you will later unlock the following offer:

Super Fast!

Buy a Stash of Credits and get 1,000 Shards for free!

Reward: 1000 Credits 


Let's Call It Timefog
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: Just so you know, I'm gonna get rid of this spooky-lightning-fog. Because that's what science guys do. Not because a pretty girl told me to.
Nick Fury: Good luck. It's a reality disturbance of unknown origin. Impossible to move or eradicate. My guys call it a "temporal entanglement".
Iron Man: Let's call it "timefog". Goes way better with a hashtag.

Iron Man Supercharge Satellite, 3m
 
Nick Fury: What's the plan?
Iron Man: I set a satellite to the right frequency to blast it with a laser from outer space.
Nick Fury: Stark satellites aren't armed...
Iron Man: I borrowed one of yours.
Reward: 15 Credits
(This also unlocks a new area of land - Classified Zone - on the bottom right of the map!)


The Big Mystery
Iron Man starts

Iron Man: The satellite will take a while to recharge, but after that, we can clear the next area.
Nick Fury: Nice work, Stark. Professor Pym supplies us with Pym Particles to shrink big obstructions. We'll shrink the debris, and send it to our labs to see if it tells us anything.
Iron Man: As long as that "we" doesn't involve me, it sounds like a great plan.

Use Pym Particles to Clear Debris

Iron Man: ...
Nick Fury: I usually want you speechless, but I don't like that look. What is it?
Iron Man: My helmet. I mean, it will be my helmet. I designed it, but I haven't even built it yet. How is that possible? And why's it smashed like that?
Nick Fury: I don't know, but we need to see what else this stuff is hiding...
Reward: 26 Credits

Okay! So that was quite a lot to cover, but yay, the tutorial is completed and we have two more awesome Super Heroes on our team - Loki and Black Widow!! Hopefully in the future, there will be individual posts for each character, so keep an eye out for that. Also stay tuned for the next installment in the main questline!

~Kou

No comments:

Post a Comment