Tuesday 14 June 2016

British Invasion Character Profile: Union Jack

Thought it'd be nice to keep the main weekly posts tidy and put the character upgrades and personal missions on a separate page! Let me know what you think... This is the page for a character who you can earn during the British Invasion event... Union Jack!


Jack of All Trades Pt. 1
Union Jack starts

Union Jack: Thank you again for setting me free.
Loki: Rescuing you was an accidental byproduct of weakening the Ebony Sword's power, but you're welcome. Are you royalty?
Union Jack: My father was a Lord. I was raised in Falsworth Manor.
Loki: Try not to let these peasants bring you down, Flag Man. They're jealous creatures...
Union Jack: I'll do my best...

Union Jack Test Jetpacks, 30m
Black Widow Search for Clues, 1m
Loki Wield Sorcery, 1m

Union Jack: Loki is a difficult one, isn't he?
Black Widow: That's the most polite way I've ever heard someone put it...
Union Jack: I realize he prides himself on secrets and lies, but he's hiding something more...
Black Widow: How do you know?
Union Jack: Call it an instinct...
Reward: 20 Credits

Jack of All Trades Pt. 2
Union Jack starts

Union Jack: Director Fury suggested I train with you to work on my aim at the Blasting Range.
Wasp: He totally think I'm the best shot! He's such a softy under all that Kevlar!
Union Jack: I'm fairly good with a blaster if I say so myself, but I'm testing some new wearable gadgets...
Wasp: If you have a piece of clothing that transforms into a deadly weapon, I'm going to scream so loud our eardrums will explode! Tell me you do! No, don't tell me! I totally love hearing things. No! Tell me! I have to know!

Union Jack Use Secret Weapons, 1h
Wasp Have a Blast, 2m

Wasp: That was so cool! I hop I didn't scream too loud...
Union Jack: I have implants in my ears to protect from sonic attacks. They almost did the job.
Wasp: Did you have more weaponized clothes?! Shoes that are actually grenades?! A tie that turns into a boomerang?! A raincoat with flamethrowers for buttons?!
Union Jack: No...
Wasp: I'll make it!
Union Jack: I don't need those things...
Wasp: I'm making it for me!
Reward: 20 Credits 

Jack of All Trades Pt. 3
Union Jack starts

Pepper Potts: We're so happy to have you at Avengers Academy, Union Jack! I love all of the hard work you're putting in, but I always encourage our students to relax and enjoy themselves too.
Union Jack: I appreciate that, but I want to do my part to get better at my craft, and protect the Academy.
Pepper Potts: There will be plenty of time for that. It's good to take a little break between villainous attacks...

Upgrade Union Jack! 1957 Credits
Union Jack Tea Time, 1h
Union Jack Identify Double Agents, 4h

Union Jack: I should tell you that the boys back home think there are multiple double agents at Avengers Academy.
Nick Fury: Is that why your teapot exploded?
Union Jack: They love messages that self-destruct. I'd prefer a text or email, but we English enjoy our traditions...
Nick Fury: I like ending things in explosions. Especially double agents who try to infiltrate my Academy...
Reward: 20 Credits


Covert Operation Pt. 1
Union Jack starts

Union Jack: My sources believe there's at least one double agent at the Academy. Any idea who it might be?
Black Widow: Fury, Odin, Pym, Ares, Pepper, Loki, Enchantress, Taskmaster, Ant-Man, Zemo, Crossbones, Red Hulk, or Madame Hydra.
Union Jack: You've put some thought into this...
Black Widow: That's the short list...

Union Jack Study Satellite Photos, 3m
Black Widow Search for Clues, 1m

Black Widow: Everything points to Loki being the double agent.
Union Jack: I don't think it's Loki...
Black Widow: Why are you always defending him?
Union Jack: I'm not defending him, it just doesn't make sense. He works alone, so who would he be reporting to? Besides, I thought you two were friends...
Black Widow: You know what it's like to be a spy. We have to expose and incapacitate our friends all the time...
Reward: 20 Credits 

Covert Operation Pt. 2
Union Jack starts

Union Jack: I'm going to visit some of my old allies and enemies, and see if I can get any information on who the double agents may be.
Black Widow: Do you need some help?
Union Jack: I appreciate the offer, but I think I'd like to punch criminals in the face by myself for a while...

Upgrade Union Jack! 5096 Credits


Union Jack Practice Pugilism, 6h
Union Jack Fight International Crime, 2h

Black Widow: Are you alright?
Union Jack: I'm wonderful. Had to fight half the London underworld, but I finally got my answer...
Black Widow: You know who the double agent is?
Union Jack: Not exactly. But I know what it is...
Reward: 20 Credits 


Her Majesty's S.H.I.E.L.D. Pt. 1
Union Jack starts

Nick Fury: Did you dig up our rat?
Union Jack: More like bugs. The Hydra agents on your campus were leaving them everywhere. From the bottom of Stark's cheese fridge to the top of those massive bobbleheads.
Nick Fury: Where was the intel going?
Union Jack: A.I.M. and Hydra's new collaborative science bases. Seems that they've decided that their only chance to survive is to work together.
Nick Fury: We'll start by eliminating all of the bugs...
Union Jack: Already done. Stark and Black Panther found a frequency that properly fries 'em all from a distance.
Nick Fury: Nice work.
Union Jack: There's still plenty of work to be done. And it starts with creating a new S.H.I.E.L.D.... 

Union Jack Tea Time, 1h
Union Jack Use Secret Weapons, 1h

Nick Fury: You know that S.H.I.E.L.D. already has bases all over Europe?
Union Jack: Everybody knows. That's the problem...
Nick Fury: What's your solution?
Union Jack: We should stop trying to expand S.H.I.E.L.D., and team up with A.I.M. and Hydra...
Reward: 20 Credits

Her Majesty's S.H.I.E.L.D. Pt. 2
Union Jack starts

Black Widow: I still can't believe Fury agreed to this...
Union Jack: He knows he needs to try something new. Doesn't do any good to always beat A.I.M. and Hydra if they always come back.
Black Widow: And it doesn't make sense to fight them if we're one of them...
Union Jack: But it's so much easier to tear things down from the inside...

Upgrade Union Jack! 8650 Credits
Union Jack Compare Spy Tactics, 8h
Black Widow Test Invisibility Tech, 30m

Union Jack: Thank you for all of your help. You have a lot more experience with A.I.M. and Hydra than I do, so I feel like I'll have a lot better chance of passing for one of them after what you've taught me...
Black Widow: You're welcome, it's been great working with you. And thanks for having some manners and respect. You're the first guy at this Academy who hasn't hit on me...
Union Jack: No offense, but you aren't my type.
Black Widow: Please don't tell me you like Enchantress...
Union Jack: I'm telling you I'm gay.
Black Widow: Oh.
Union Jack: Yeah.
Black Widow: I feel like a really bad spy now...
Reward: 20 Credits


New Era Pt. 1
Union Jack starts

Union Jack: I need your help to infiltrate an overseas A.I.M. base...
Loki: I'm busy, Flag Man.
Union Jack: Everyone is busy. They're plotting attacks on at least five or our future recruits. We're their only hope...
Loki: Why me?
Union Jack: Because I need help from someone else who has a gift for disguise. Black Widow and Agent 13 are busy, and I don't think you're quite as horrible as you like to act...

Union Jack Test Jetpacks, 30m
Loki Steal Secrets, 3h

Loki: Thank you for the invitation, Flag Man. I will admit that it was great fun watching that grotesque cranium chase you in circles...
Union Jack: I'm just glad we wiped their files of future Avengers Academy recruits. I honestly felt bad for that monstrosity. It's terrible what they did to it. To him? I'm not even sure...
Loki: You're far too sensitive. Learn to take joy in the failings of your enemies.
Union Jack: Right. Because you're not at all sensitive...
Reward: 20 Credits 

New Era Pt. 2
Union Jack starts

Loki: We should celebrate our victory over those yellow-clad brainiacs, Flag Man.
Union Jack: I need to work on an antidote to counter one of the toxins they were manufacturing.
Loki: You've obviously heard tales of my masterful dancing, and you know you'll never compare.
Union Jack: Are you asking me to dance?
Loki: I'm simply offering you the opportunity to witness a true master...
Union Jack: Sure, mate. I'll go dancing with you...
Upgrade Union Jack! 14659 Credits


Union Jack Test Antidotes, 5h
Loki Celebrate a Victory! 3h, requires Union Jack

Loki: Well...
Union Jack: I honestly feel like we're equals on the dance floor. Like, I literally feel like we dance exactly the same.
Loki: You have no appreciation for subtlety...
Union Jack: Now Wasp, and Taskmaster, and Quake, and Cap. They can dance...
Loki: You sound like an idiot right now.
Union Jack: I'm pretty sure you like me.
Loki: I hate you.
Union Jack: I'm pretty sure that's your way of saying you really like me.
Loki: This is ridiculous. Find me on the dance floor if you wish to be further humiliated...
Reward: 20 Credits 


Union Jack's Actions

Study Satellite Photos, 3m, Stark Tower
Test Jetpacks, 30m
Tea Time, 1h, Avengers Dorm
Use Secret Weapons, 1h, The Blasting Range
Fight International Crime, 2h, The Quinjet Hangar
Identify Double Agents, 4h, Avengers Dorm
Try What's Local, 6h, Club A
Practice Pugilism, 6h, Avengers Dorm
Compare Spy Tactics - Rank 4
Discuss The Invaders - Rank 5
Test Antidotes - Rank 5 

Union Jack's Phrases

Give 'em another.
Cheers, mate.
Gotta say I had doubts about you at first.
You're one of the good ones, mate.
Don't blow my cover.
I'm a man of the people.
Make it count.
I'll show you how a real spy does it.
Bloody heck!
This is our chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment