Friday 8 July 2016

Spider-Man Special Event: Episode 3!

Hey hey Avengereenos!


Episode 3 is now live! To begin the third episode you must ​complete the ​"Tooth And Nail" quest. Please make sure that you are on version 1.1.5 of the game.







Why can't I complete the Lizard streaks 4-7?

With the end of episode 2, Captain America's WWII outfit is no longer available. You can continue to battle the Lizard streaks 1 through 3 in order to unlock Black Cat.

Marvel Avengers Academy Spider-Man Sweepstakes

To enter the Promotion, you must be (i) at least thirteen (13) years of age or the age of majority in your domicile, if older; and (ii) a resident of Argentina, Austria, Canada, Cyprus, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, Philippines, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, USA, or the UK.
Residents of Belgium, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Malta, North Korea, Singapore, Sudan, Syria, and Thailand are expressly prohibited from entering. Residents of Australia, Brazil, China and the Republic of Korea are not prohibited from participating, but local rules and laws may restrict or prohibit the award of prizes.


How do I battle Dr. Octopus?

Before you can fight Doc Ock, you must take out his Octobots! Disable them by creating Octobot Remotes and sending Spider-Man to hack them.
Once they are disabled you can train your characters to fight Dr. Octopus. Reduce his HP to 0 to defeat him.
The Octobots will not stay disabled forever, but Lizard can help them stay disabled longer.


NEW PRIZES


Spider-Man Gallery: 4 Precious Jewels (Fight Doc Ock), 1418 Oscoins


QUESTS

He'sss Not a Monssster!
Spider-Man starts

The Lizard: I'm sssorry. The Lizard Sserum transssformsss my mind asss much asss my body. I lossse control...
Spider-Man: It's okay. We can help you. We'll find an even better antidote, and get you back to normal.
The Lizard: Thank you, but I don't think I'll ever be normal. I just don't want to be a monster... 

Spider-Man Wall-Crawl! 30m

Spider-Man: I tried to get a good view of Oscorp to examine where the battle happened, and what clues they might have to the antidote. Do you think you can replicate the Lizard Serum?
The Lizard: Probably, but I'm afraid I'd be too tempted to ingessst it...
Spider-Man: You just worry about replicating the serum. I'll take care of the ressst.
The Lizard: ...
Spider-Man: I swear I didn't do that on purpose...
Reward: 20 Oscoins 


Face It, Tiger...
Spider-Man starts

Pepper Potts: Do you know someone named Mary Jane Watson?
Spider-Man: IIIII...errrrmmmm...uhhhhhh...
Pepper Potts: Are you okay?
Spider-Man: I have met her!
Pepper Potts: I just need to know if I should let her attend. She's a big advocate for Spider-Man and super heroes in general, and having a famous actress here would really help recruiting, but she doesn't have powers, so...
Spider-Man: Please invite her! I'm trying not to yell and be inappropriately excited, but I can't control anything that's happening in my body right now!

Invite Mary Jane! 100 Oscoins


Mary Jane: Hey, Tiger...
Spider-Man: Me. Hi. You. Mary Jane...
Mary Jane: You sound like a caveman.
Spider-Man: I'm not Spider-Man!
Mary Jane: Obviously...
Rewards: 20 Oscoins


Hit the Jackpot!
Iron Man starts


Mary Jane: Thank you so much for letting me attend Avengers Academy. I want to do everything I can to help clear Spider-Man's name. He's saved my life more than once.
Pepper Potts: We're happy to have you. Just so we're clear though, this is a school for heroes. We're training students to save others, not to be the ones being saved. I've asked some of our star pupils to train you to fight.
Mary Jane: Thanks, but I'm not just a pretty face. I've been training, and Tony Stark already gave me own armor.
Pepper Potts: Tony made you armor?!
Mary Jane: Is that okay?
Pepper Potts: Yes. Of course. I don't care what Tony Stark does...

Recruit Mary Jane!


- Collect 10 Mary Jane Tokens (from battling Dr. Octopus)
- Collect 30 Web Shooter Bracelets (from investigating Crime Scenes)
- Collect 30 Headshots (Special Event Missions)
- 6749 Oscoins 


Iron Man: Lookin' good.
Mary Jane: Oh thanks! I'm feeling pretty frazzled being here. I'm super excited, but it's nerve-wracking.
Iron Man: I was actually talking about the armor backpack I made you. I'm pretty proud of myself.
Mary Jane: You always are. Thanks again.
Iron Man: Thank you. I never thought Mary Jane Watson would be rocking a Tony Stark original.
Mary Jane: Face it, Tony...you just hit the jackpot!
Rewards: 20 Oscoins


Big Data!
Wasp starts


Wasp: I got Mr. Fury to share his intel on superhumans! Combined with everything we're learning at the crime scenes, we'll be able to build a database about our enemies' weaknesses, and ways we can totally improve our abilities!
Spider-Man: I don't need a computer to tell me all the things I could be doing better...
Wasp: But everything is more fun in a computer voice! I am a computer. I like computing things. You are Peter Parker. You like worrying about things. We should network. That is a computer joke. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Get the Superhuman Database! 3m, 1050 Oscoins


Wasp: See?! This Database will tell us everything about every superhuman, and make it way easier to get stronger, beat the bad guys, and clear Spider-Man's name!
Spider-Man: Yeah. Speaking of that. I have to tell you something...
Wasp: Go for it!
Spider-Man: I...this is really hard for me...
Wasp: Just let it out!
Spider-Man: I'm Spider-Man.
Wasp: That's it?
Spider-Man: That's a big deal! I've never even told my Aunt May, and now I'm gonna let the whole world know!
Wasp: I mean, we've known you're Spider-Man forever. You get sweaty anytime someone mentions him. Your hands are always sticky. You wear a red shirt with webs and a spider on it. We all just agreed not to say anything because it seemed super important to you...
Reward: 20 Oscoins

Knowledge is Power
Spider-Man starts

Iron Man: I heard you finally told everybody you're Spider-Man.
Spider-Man: Yeah. Now I just kind of feel dumb for waiting so long...
Iron Man: Yeah, it's pretty dumb.
Spider-Man: Thanks, Tony.
Iron Man: Anytime. I told you before that it's no good being awesome if you don't tell everyone how awesome you are.
Spider-Man: I'm just going to agree to disagree, and work on adding another databank to get more intel on The Sinister Six.
Iron Man: We don't have to agree, Peter. You just have to admit I'm right.

Add a Data Station! 2250 Oscoins

  
J. Jonah Jameson: You owe me an apology, Parker.
Spider-Man: You were never supposed to hear those mustache jokes. Rocket Raccoon started it, and I just got caught up in the moment.
J. Jonah Jameson: You think I care what some punk kids say about my facial hair? Every good newsman needs a mustache. That's news rule number one.
Spider-Man: Sure. Awesome. Honestly, picturing you without it makes me feel uneasy.
J. Jonah Jameson: Why are we even talking about this?! You lied to me, Parker! You walked into my building, lied about your true identity, and committed crimes across my city while being employed by the Bugle!
Spider-Man: You're right about everything but me committing crimes. I'm sorry.
J. Jonah Jameson: Apologies are for losers! You know what I do to liars?!
Spider-Man: Poke them with your bristly mustache?
J. Jonah Jameson: Get out of my office!
Spider-Man: We're on the lawn.
J. Jonah Jameson: Get off my lawn!
Reward: 20 Oscoins

Superhuman Secrets
Black Widow starts

Black Cat: Now, this is a place I can get behind. Data on every superhuman. Hideouts. Weaknesses. Should I go steal their stuff, or just sell the information?
Black Widow: You're pretty open about being a cold-blooded thief...
Black Cat: There's no shame in my game.

Add another Data Station! 3000 Oscoins

Black Cat: I never knew there were that many superhumans in Hell's Kitchen. I mean, I know a couple personally, but wow...
Black Widow: Are most of them good or bad?
Black Cat: Can't you be both?
Black Widow: Fair enough.
Reward: 20 Oscoins




SSSSuper-Scccientissst! (24h)
Wasp starts

Wasp: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Mr. Lizard!
The Lizard: Thanksss. You can call me Curt.
Wasp: Cool! You can call me Janet! Or Wasp! Or Waspocalypse! I'm testing out some tough names!
The Lizard: Aren't you afraid of me?
Wasp: No way! You seem like a super nice guy who's just going through some totally tough times!
The Lizard: Thank you, Wasp.
Wasp: For sure! And if you ever try to chomp on any of my friends, I'll totally tear your tail off and knock your teeth out with it!

Recruit The Lizard! 595 Shards





Reward: 50 Shards & 20 Oscoins


Full-Fledged Heroes!
Spider-Man starts


Spider-Man: We're gonna need to step up our crimefighting game to take on some of these tougher missions in the city.
Wasp: Speak for yourself, Spider-Man. I've been knocking suckers out since you were knee-high to a bumblebee.
Spider-Man: Everybody knows you're tough. I'm just saying that some of these new missions will be difficult, and we need to hurry before the whole city turns on me, and Oscorp unleashes their secret experiment.
Wasp: My ears are so tough they deflected all of your words.

Complete a Sky-Cycle Mission! 1m 15s

Green Goblin: Spider-Man and his friends are discovering more and more about our operation. We can't let them get their hands on the secret experiment before I've had a chance to finish what I've started.
Doctor Octopus: Worry yourself in silence. Some of us are working.
Green Goblin: This is my lab! Oscorp is mine! You belong to me!
Doctor Octopus: If you're like to fight me, I'll be more than happy to remove that cackling head from your shoulders. Otherwise, shut your mouth, and allow a real scientist to do his job.
Reward: 20 Oscoins

Industrial Strength
Spider-Man starts

Black Cat: I'm here to keep working on our crimefighting skills to take on some of these tougher missions, and stop the Spider-Man imposters.
Spider-Man: You realize that I know you've been stealing from both Fury and Oscorp since the second you got here...
Black Cat: I'd steal from you too, but you're broke. 

Complete another Sky-Cycle Mission! 1m 15s

Green Goblin: I've decide to give you the opportunity to rejoin Oscorp.
The Lizard: Did Doctor Octopusss finally turn on you?
Green Goblin: He's irrelevant. I simply need a capably scientist to help me bring my secret experiment to completion.
The Lizard: Sssucks to be you...
Reward: 20 Oscoins 


Octo-Strong
Spider-Man starts

Doctor Octopus: Lizard! Have you returned to grovel for mercy or to bask in my brilliance?
The Lizard: I remembered I left a cupcake here, ssso I wanted to com back and get it before Osssborn inevitably goesss crazy, and burnsss thisss entire placcce to the ground.
Doctor Octopus: Well, your timing is as fortunate as your skin is unfortunate. I'm about to activate my most advanced Octobots yet!
The Lizard: Fantassstic. 

Upgrade your Web-Shooters to Level 3, 1 x Database Drive (Collect from the Data Station), 6 x Oscorp Intel (Crime Scene Investigations), 850 Oscoins, 4h
Destroy an Octobot!

Doctor Octopus: Inconceivable! Those Octobots were indestructible!
Green Goblin: Apparently, they were very destructible. I think it's time you gave up, and helped me finish the only experiment that matters.
Doctor Octopus: I'm not an entitled coward like you, Osborn. I don't give up. I take matters into my own robotic arms...


Reward: 20 Oscoins  


Hack-A-Bot
Spider-Man starts

Doctor Octopus: Everyone doubts my abilities, but we will show them. We will show them who is the most powerful. The most intelligent. The most superior scientist this world has ever seen.
Octobot: bzzrrtt.
Doctor Octopus: You are my greatest creation. The pinnacle of Octobot technology. You will shut down every electronic device at this campus, and eviscerate anyone who attempts to intrude upon my personal space.
Octobot: bzzrrtt.
Doctor Octopus: And fetch me something from that shawarma stand. I've been so busy that I had to scheme straight through my second lunch...
Octobot: bzzrrtt?
Doctor Octopus: Doctor Octopus doesn't tip.


Hack Octobots! (requires Octobot Remote)

Octobot Remote requires 14 x Database Drive (Collect from the Data Station), 10 x Oscorp Intel (Crime Scene Investigations), 4h

Note that after you have made an Octobot, it will say you have 1 Hack!


When you have the Remote: Spider-Man Hack Octobots, 1h


Octobots are disabled for 8h (OR 16h if you have The Lizard). Afterwards there is an 8h cooldown before you can use a new Octobot Remote. You will get this screen when the cooldown is on:



Spider-Man: Give it up, Doc. I can hack your new Octobots and disable them as fast as you can send them out.
Doctor Octopus: Perhaps. But you are human, so you will eventually have to rest. And you are a clumsy fool, so you will inevitably make a mistake.
Spider-Man: You're not wrong, but I still don't appreciate all the name-calling...
Reward: 20 Oscoins


Amazing Friends!
Wasp starts

Wasp: Spider-Man is super busy hacking and protecting the campus from the new Octobots, so we need to train to take down Doctor Octopus ourselves!
Black Cat: Sounds good. I'll snatch his wallet while we're at it...
Wasp: This is awesome. I always wanted to be on an all-girl attack squad.
Spider-Ham: What about me?
Wasp: You're our secret weapon! Now let's go pig out on some octopus!
Spider-Ham: That's offensive.
Wasp: Sorry...
Spider-Ham: Just kidding! I make human puns all the time!

Train a Hero to fight Doc Ock!


TRAINING:
Wasp Buzz Around! 4h x 2 OR Black Cat Stay on your Toes, 8h OR Spider-Ham Rock 'Em Sock 'Em, 4h x 2 OR Mary-Jane ... 2h

Wasp: Are you ready to battle Doctor Octopus?
Spider-Ham: After I get a good luck kiss...
Wasp: Good idea! Did you ask Mary Jane?
Spider-Ham: No. I guess I could...
Wasp: Ask for me too! She's so coooool!
Reward: 20 Oscoins


Struggle for Superiority
Spider-Man starts

Spider-Man: Why are you fighting for Oscorp? You don't even like the guy...
Doctor Octopus: I hate the man, but this isn't about him. This is about me proving my superiority over Osborn, and everyone else at Avengers Academy.
Spider-Man: You could also just quietly think you're superior. We could climb off this building. Grab a burger. Make fun of things with less than eight limbs...
Doctor Octopus: I already know I'm superior, Spider-Man. The rest of this idiotic world requires empirical evidence...

Defeat Doctor Octopus! (Send your trained heroes to "Finish Off Doctor Octopus!" 1m)


Doctor Octopus: You're lucky...
Spider-Man: Actually, I'm really unlucky. I bit my tongue like five seconds into that fight. Yesterday I ripped my pants just putting my socks on. Last time I rode a Sky-Cycle, I almost--
Doctor Octopus: Enough! I'll tear you apart piece by piece...
Spider-Man: See. Those are the kinds of things people say to you when you're unlucky...
Reward: 20 Oscoins


DOC OCK FIGHTS

Streak 1: 100 HP, Rewards: 250 Oscoins, 1 Mary-Jane Token, 5 Spider-Man Tokens, 6 Precious Jewels
Streak 2: 180 HP, Rewards: 350 Oscoins, 3 Mary-Jane Tokens, 7 Spider-Man Tokens, 3 Green Goblin Tokens
Streak 3: 280 HP, Rewards: 400 Oscoins, 6 Mary-Jane Tokens, 9 Spider-Man Tokens, 3 Green Goblin Tokens
Streak 4: 430 HP, Rewards: 450 Oscoins, 11 Spider-Man Tokens, 3 Green Goblin Tokens, 12 Precious Jewels


New item appears in the shop... Black Cat Training Boost for 75 Shards




Spider vs. Octopus!
Spider-Man starts

The Lizard: You don't have to do thisss, Doctor Octopusss. Trussst me, the Avengersss can help you. You can ussse your geniusss for good.
Doctor Octopus: I can rule this world. I can ignore a hissing lizard who crawled up to my perch uninvited. I can toss him off of this building to test the limits of his regenerative abilities. Doctor Octopus can do so many things...
The Lizard: I hope Ssspider-Man popsss your inflated head...

Defeat Doc Ock 2 more times! (Send your trained heroes to "Battle Doctor Octopus!" 1m)

Doctor Octopus: You think you've won?
Spider-Man: Yup. Three times if I'm counting right.
Doctor Octopus: I'll never quit. You'll have to kill me...
Spider-Man: I'm just gonna keep hacking your Octobots and making dumb jokes until you decide it's easier to join the good guys.
Doctor Octopus: That will never happen...
Spider-Man: We'll see. I know a ton of dumb jokes...
Reward: 20 Oscoins



As always, more coming soon! What do you think of Episode 3 so far? 
Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment