Friday 16 December 2016

A-Force Special Event: Episode 2!

Hi there, Avengers!

Episode 2 of the A-Force Special Event is now live! It will end on December 22nd at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST. 






FAQ


How do I recruit Singularity?
Start the quest "Free Singularity" to recruit Singularity! She must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I unlock Archer Wasp?
Archer Wasp is a special, limited-time outfit for Wasp. You can get it from Van Dyne's Outfits.
The outfit must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or it will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I fight the Dark Elf?
Once you begin the quest "Defeat a Dark Elf," you will be able to fight the Dark Elf. You will need Iron Bows from Episode 2 Sleigh Cycles to fight him! 
Blacksmith Iron Man, Archer Wasp, Paladin Thor, and Healer Singularity can fight the Dark Elf. He will drop Odin Treasures and Blue Ornaments needed to unlock Singularity and Archer Wasp.

How do I access Episode 2 Sleigh Cycles?
You will need 5 Iron Arrows from Episode 1 Sleigh Cycles and 4 Iron Ore from fighting Frost Giants to access Episode 2 Sleigh Cycles. 
Use Episode 2 Sleigh Cycles to collect Iron Bows to battle the Dark Elf!

How do I unlock Healer Singularity?
Healer Singularity is a special, limited-time outfit for Singularity. You can get it from Van Dyne's Outfits.
The outfit must be completely unlocked by the end of the timer for the quest "Healer Singularity" or it will disappear at that time.


NEW SHOP ITEMS

Holiday Toy Workshop, 325 Shards, 10s, drops 6 Blue Ornaments every 24h
Snowballs, 100 Odin Treasures, 10s
Penguin, 500 Odin Treasures, 10s


QUESTS

Free Singularity!
Thor(f) starts

(The below is paraphrased as my dialogue failed to save!)
Thor(f): Let's help you escape from this ice.
Singularity: You're nice. I can do it.
Thor(f): You could have freed yourself this whole time?
Singularity: I'm space!
Thor(f): Why did you stay?
Singularity: I wanted to be with my friends!

Free Singularity! 500 Odin Treasures



Hank Pym: You're absolutely incredible! A sentient pocket universe taking the form a female?! Amazing...
Singularity: You're funny.
Hank Pym: Most people just think I'm strange. I'm afraid they're not wrong...
Singularity: Don't be afraid. Be brave.
Hank Pym: I try, but it's difficult with the things I've seen. I only want to learn everything I can about this universe to share with my other selves, and make things right this tie. Why am I telling you all of this?
Singularity: We're friends!
Hank Pym: That's...wonderful...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures




Get Singularity!

Thor(f) starts

She-Hulk: We need your powers to stop these Frost Giants, and close the Casket of Ancient Winters before it's too late.
Singularity: And play in the snow!
She-Hulk: After. Maybe. If we don't stop Malekith, there won't be anyone left to play with...
Singularity: Let's snowball fight!
She-Hulk: You're gonna have to focus for the next couple weeks, Singularity. Wait...do you really think you'd beat me in a snowball fight?
Singularity: I'm the strongest there is!
She-Hulk: Oh, it's on, space-girl...


Recruit Singularity!
- Collect 7 Stars! (Star Pony)
- Collect 9 Blue Ornaments! (Defeat Dark Elf)
- Collect 30 Bunnies! (Special Event Missions)
- Collect 6000 Odin Treasures


Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Singularity! Is there anything we can get for you?
Singularity: Thanks! Ponies. Bunnies. Cupcakes. Motorcycles. Cheese. Chocolate. Palm tree. Vibranium. Friends. Bread. Dinosaur. Kayak. Comics. Camera. Combustible gas leak detector pen with auto-calibration function.
Pepper Potts: ...Is that all?
Singularity: Yes!
Pepper Potts: I'll see if Tony has any extra cheese...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Get Archer Wasp!
Wasp starts

Iron Man: Odin has me making warrior gear for everyone. What do you wanna be?
Wasp: Elf!
Iron Man: That's not really a type of class. You could be an archer I guess...
Wasp: With elf ears!
Iron Man: We'll have to find someone to teach you how to shoot arrows...
Wasp: A professional elf!
Iron Man: Why are you so into elves all of the sudden?
Wasp: It's the holidays!


Get Archer Wasp!
- 4 Flower Crowns (Collect from the Forest Tortoise)
- 6 Silver Ornaments (Ride a Sleigh Cycle!)
- 2 Blue Ornaments (Defeat Dark Elf)
- 30 Pointy Ears (Special Event Missions)
- 2500 Odin Treasures

Iron Man: You look great! Did you find someone to teach you how to shoot arrows?
Archer Wasp: Being an elf is about more than shooting arrows, Tony. I need to play a weird flute, climb trees, smash pots, make cookies, collect little hearts and big jewels...
Iron Man: You're gonna help fight the Dark Elves too, right?
Archer Wasp: I'm about to put some elves on the shelf...


Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Defeat a Dark Elf!
Thor(f) starts

Malekith: The Frost Giants are keeping Thor and her friends occupied, but I can't let the Avengers reach the Casket of Ancient Winters. Finish them all.
Dark Elf: What about the Iron Man?
Malekith: He's not actually made of iron. It's just a name. Like Odin. Or Beyonce.
Dark Elf: But they have iron weapons and armor. I can feel it in my bones...
Malekith: Their iron might injure you, minion. But Malekith will do much, much worse...

Defeat a Dark Elf! requires Iron Bows from Episode 2 Sleigh Ride






Malekith: This is extremely disappointing...
Dark Elf: I'm sorry, Malekith. Please give me another chance...
Malekith: I've been feeling a strange urge to chop off someone's arm, and wear it like a shawl...
Dark Elf: That's...disturbing...
Malekith: It brings a smile to my face, but I'll admit it's unsettling. Imagine how unsettling it will be for the one who loses an arm...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


A Force to be Reckoned With!
Loki starts

She-Hulk: I swear, you villains with your glowing red eyes. Are you born with glowing red eyes, and that's what makes you evil? Or do you become evil, and think, hey , you know what would be cool? Glowing red eyes.
Dark Elf: I don't speak to trolls.
She-Hulk: I'm a troll because I have green skin? That's fine. I guess I deserve it for making fun of your eyes. I'm still gonna cave your face in though...

Defeat a Dark Elf 3 Times!


Dark Elf: You've won. You can crawl back under your bridge now...
She-Hulk: I know that's supposed to be an insult, but some of my best friends live under bridges. A couple even live in the sewer.
Dark Elf: And they're all going to freeze to death...
She-Hulk: You realize that when you say things like that, it only makes us want to hit your harder.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Iron Will
Iron Man starts

Dark Elf: The Man of Iron!
Iron Man: I like the way you said that! Pure astonishment mixed with just a tiny bit of terror. I recorded it. I'll make it the new Stark Tower doorbell.
Dark Elf: I'm not afraid of you...
Iron Man: Sure you are. It's great. Tell Malekith to close the Casket of Ancient Winters, and I won't have to put my awesome ironness all up on you.
Dark Elf: Never!
Iron Man: SUPER IRONY IRONNESS IRON STRIKE!
Dark Elf: Noooooooo!
Iron Man: Really?! You thought 'Super Irony Ironness Iron Strike' was a thing?! I can't even fight right now. You're gonna have to give me a minute...

Defeat a Dark Elf 5 Times!


Iron Man: Now you know the taste of iron, foul elf! I really should be a permanent fantasy warrior guy. This is awesome.
Dark Elf: Laugh now, but we'll own your world when it's frozen. This is no game...
Iron Man: Everything is a game to the Man of Iron, foul elf. Otherwise I get really bored. Then I end up making dangerous things, and eating too much cheese. Nobody wants that.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


No Toying Around
Thor(f) starts


Archer Wasp
: I'm gonna shoot arrows at you!
Dark Elf: Thanks for the warning...
Archer Wasp: You're welcome!

Defeat a Dark Elf 7 Times!


Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Wrap It Up
Singularity starts

Archer Wasp: We did it!
Singularity: Yay! What did we do?!
Archer Wasp: Beat up some elves, flew some sleighs, got a pony made of stars, and learned to shoot arrows!
Singularity: Yay! What do we do now?!
Archer Wasp: Mess around and save the world! 

Singularity Slide! 1m



Wasp Bring the Cheer! 2m30s

Mephisto: This isn't exactly going as planned, Malekith.
Malekith: Watch your forked tongue, demon. This battle is far from over.
Mephisto: Just remember our agreement.
Malekith: I'm enjoying this world. I may decide to keep it for myself.
Mephisto: I don't think Hela will appreciate that...
Malekith: It's not the first time I've dealt with the Queen of Hel...
Mephisto: And our fearless leader?
Malekith: If my new plan works, you'll all be bowing to Malekith...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures



Forest Creature

Wasp starts

Archer Wasp: I have to get a magical forest tortoise to give me everything I need to become an Elven Archer!
Singularity: That makes sense!

Get the Forest Tortoise! 4 x Silver Ornaments (Ride a Sleigh-Cycle!), 1 Blue Ornament (Defeat Dark Elf), 1500 Odin Treasures, 10s

Wong: They say the forest tortoise only appears to be moving slowly, but is actually racing through multiple dimensions simultaneously while carrying infinite infinitesimal worlds on its shell.
Archer Wasp: I like how he's wrinkly!
Wong: Yes. He has no love for moisturizer.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures 

I Want a Star Pony!
Wasp starts

Singularity: I like all the animals.
Archer Wasp: You should get one!
Singularity: I can make one.
Archer Wasp: Out of stars?!
Singularity: Yup.
Archer Wasp: Singularity, if you make a pony out of stars, I will freak out.
Singularity: Freak out!

Get the Star Pony! 8 x Silver Ornaments (Ride a Sleigh-Cycle!), 3 x Blue Ornaments (Defeat Dark Elf), 2000 Odin Treasures, 10s

Archer Wasp: That's the most beautiful pony made of stars I've ever seen. Is it a boy or a girl?
Singularity: Not a boy or girl. Just is. Like me.
Archer Wasp: What's its name?
Singularity: Needs a name?
Archer Wasp: Naming things is fun. It can be anything you want.
Singularity: Is Star good?
Archer Wasp: Star is perfect.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Fly like an Asgardian!Thor(f) starts

Thor(f): Heimdall is sending one of Asgard's finest skiffs through the Bifrost to aid in the battle.
She-Hulk: That's a boat, right?
Thor(f): Yes. A flying golden boat armed with rapid-firing rotary plasma cannons and missiles.
She-Hulk: Nice. I've always wanted a boat.

Get the Asgardian Skiff! 50 x Silver Ornaments (Ride a Sleigh-Cycle!), 30 x Blue Ornaments (Defeat Dark Elf), 10,000 Odin Treasures, 10s

Thor: Nice skiff, Loki! Father hath hooked you up!
Loki: It's not mine, meat-brain. He sent it here to help battle the Dark Elves.
Thor: These new warriors have the battle well in hand! Let us joyride, brother!
Loki: I'm not letting you drive me anywhere...
Thor: You can drive! I will ride beside thee, and give a thunderous thumbs up to everyone I know!
Loki: ...Fine.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


UPDATED WITH NEW QUESTS:

Singularity Bobblehead Challenge (7d timer)
Wasp starts

Raise a waddle of 20 penguins! 500 Odin Treasures & 10s per penguin

Singularity
: Neat!
Reward: 10 Odin Treasures


Thor Bobblehead Challenge (7d timer)
Thor starts

Go on 20 Episode 1 "Best Rewards" Missions!
Go on 10 Episode 2 "Best Rewards" Missions!

Thor: Verily!
Reward: 100 Odin Treasures 


NOTE: The bobbleheads will be in the shop for FREE after you complete their respective challenges.



What do you think of Episode 2 so far? Excited to get Singularity?

Kou.

14 comments:

  1. The Dark Elf is crazy high HP after the first half dozen battles. He's like 28k health now. How do can I get my team powerful enough to take him on without having to spend shards instant healing them to go again? Why can't I just level them up like l was able to do with characters during the Dr Strange event?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do how how do you upgrade the characters? I can't buy She-Hulk, I don't have money.

      Delete
  2. It says that we're supposed to train our characters to beat the dark elves, but how? I've already spent a bunch of money on this event. I can't spend more

    ReplyDelete
  3. This feels super unbalanced. My team of She-Hulk, Archer Wasp and Iron man can't beat the dark elf in one run and I'm one streak 4 still!

    During the Dr Strange event, there was a power up thing that helped a lot, also nico minoru was very powerful and guarantied an easy victory in the first runs. What's the best strategy for beating Dark Elf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I feel like I'm missing something. I can't beat the dark elf any more at all. But I still need blue ornaments. I don't know what to do at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am relieved to not be the only one having this problem. It's absurd. Right now the Dark Elf has over 20,000 HP and my team can't beat more than MAYBE 2000 out of him at a time. What the heck???

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same thing is happening to me. Is this some kind of glitch? Has anyone been able to figure out what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. From what I've read you can only beat Streak 6 if you have She-Hulk AND Paladin Thor. But I... I... I already bought She-Hulk, and despite my best efforts I missed out on the paladin outfit. So what? I'm getting punished for buying She-Hulk and spending my Blue Ornaments on her rather than Singularity?

    And what's with these alternate advertisement rewards? I don't want Books, I don't want Credits, I can get BOTH of those when the event is over. I watched your ads, now give me my freaking Shards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gonna be stuck with basic chars. Paying 50 bucks to get the blue ornaments needed is bullshit. I too missed paladin so I'm stuck at streak 6. Need to progress further to get healer singularity as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They even showed that you can get it in the sleigh sycle now but I don't think it drops those. I didn't know the event was ending today or I wouldn't have leveled up she-hulk either. This feels like it's a pay to play event and it's crap cause we can't even go further if we don't get singularity.

      Delete
  10. I can't get the "Recruit Singularity" quest to show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed this comment before. Have you got Archer Wasp?

      Delete