Friday 30 December 2016

A-Force Special Event: Episode 4

Hi there, Avengers!


Episode 4 of the A-Force Special Event is now live! It will end on January 5th at 3 pm PST/6 pm EST.






FAQ

How do I recruit Angela?

Start the quest "The Wild Hunt" to recruit Angela! She must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I fight Malekith and his Dark Elves?

You must take out Malekith's Dark Elf guards before you can fight Malekith. Beware: you must defeat them in one shot or they will return to full health!
Once you defeat the Dark Elf guards, you will be able to fight Malekith. You will need Iron Cannons from Episode 4 Sleigh Cycles to battle both Malekith and his guards.
Rogue Spider-Woman, Healer Singularity, Archer Wasp, She-Hulk, Blacksmith Iron Man, Paladin Thor, Huntress Angela, Lady Loki, and Captain Marvel can fight Malekith and the Dark Elves!

How do I access Episode 4 Sleigh Cycles?

You will need 5 Iron Cannonballs from Episode 3 Sleigh Cycles and 2 Iron Ore from fighting Frost Giants to access Episode 4 Sleigh Cycles.
Use Episode 4 Sleigh Cycles to collect Iron Cannons to battle Malekith and his guards, Power Attacks, and combat skills!

How do I unlock Huntress Angela?
Huntress Angela is a special, limited-time outfit for Angela. You can get it from Van Dyne's.
Blades of Ichor will not drop from Dark Elves until after you have recruited Angela to your Academy.
The outfit must be completely unlocked by the end of the timer for the quest "Get Huntress Angela" or the end of the event or it will disappear at that time.
This outfit is required for Angela to participate in boss battles.

How do I unlock Captain Marvel?

Complete up to Episode 4 objectives to unlock Captain Marvel! The requirements to start the process are:
- Recruit: Thor, Singularity, America Chavez, and Angela
- Unlock: Blacksmith Iron Man, Archer Wasp, and Lady Loki
- Complete all gold-outlined quests
- Start the quest "Get Captain Marvel"
Once you have completed these requirements, you will be able to recruit Captain Marvel! To recruit Captain Marvel to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 4 Astronaut Helmets (from Captain Marvel's Space Station)
- 11000 Odin Treasures

Once you turn in these items, Captain Marvel will join the Academy. She must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I obtain Malekith's Cell?

Get Malekith's Cell from Winter Wonders! To obtain Malekith's Cell, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 66 Gold Ornaments (from defeating Malekith)


NEW SHOP ITEMS

Holiday Food Fight, 175 Shards, 10s, drops 3 Gold Ornaments every 24h
Nick Fury Snowman, 1000 Odin Treasures, 10s (deco)


QUESTS

The Wild Hunt
Thor(f) starts

Thor(f): I'm going to get you out of here, Angela.
Angela: I can free myself. I think I've finally decided.
Thor(f): Decided what?
Angela: Who I should kill first...

Free Angela, 500 Odin Treasures



Odin: It's good to see you, daughter.
Angela: I told you we should have destroyed Malekith before he ever got his hands on the Casket.
Odin: We will. You have to be patient.
Angela: Patience is for cowards.
Odin: Like All-Father, like daughter. This truly is the best holiday ever.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Get Angela!
Thor(f) starts

Lady Loki: Welcome to Avengers Academy, sister.
Angela: I'm only here to finish my hunt of Malekith. I have business in other realms.
Lady Loki: If that business involves eliminating the rules of those realms, I would be happy to assist...
Angela: Hmm. I suppose I could find some use for a snarky sidekick. 


Recruit Angela!
- 7 Gold Ornaments (from defeating Malekith)
- 6 Demon Skulls
(from Angela's Trophy)
- 12 Red Ornaments
(from Episode 3 Sleigh Cycles)
- 10000 Odin Treasures


RECRUITED

Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Angela! Is there anything we can get for you?
Angela: Weapons.
Pepper Potts: Any kind in particular?
Angela: The deadly kind.
Pepper Potts: I'll show you what we have in lost and found...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures  


Hevenly Pt. 1
Angela starts

Angela: There are abominable beasts about...
Pepper Potts: Snow monsters?
Angela: Worry not. I will decorate my dormitory with their bones, and wear their flesh for warmth.
Pepper Potts: Yeah, that's not worrying at all...

Angela Hunt Beasts, 1m

Angela: The beast is wily, but I don't give up so easy...
Pepper Potts: What if it's nice?
Angela: You mean, as a throw rug?
Pepper Potts: No.
Angela: Of course. You mean it'll make a nice meal.
Pepper Potts: No! I mean, maybe it's a nice creature that's just minding its own business.
Angela: We won't know for sure until I kill it.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures

Hevenly Pt. 2
Angela starts

Angela: Where's the Academy slaughterhouse?
Pepper Potts: We don't have one. Why would you want one?
Angela: Isn't this the time of lunch?
Pepper Potts: Yeah, but we don't eat lunch in a slaughterhouse. We have a shawarma stand, and the club serves food.
Angela: I only eat what's been recently slaughtered, or what I've just slaughtered with my own hands.
Pepper Potts: You use the word 'slaughter' more than anyone I've ever met.

Angela Grab a Snack, 1m15s

Lady Loki: Were you seriously going to eat that creature?
Angela: I was, but I threw it back for being too small. I have the same policy on siblings.
Lady Loki: I was ready to embrace you as my sister, but you've been aggressive and rude from the beginning. I'm the only one who's allowed to act like that.
Angela: Whatever you say, Karaoke.
Lady Loki: How dare you use dismissive nicknames?! I invented that! Ask anyone!
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures 

Hevenly Pt. 3
Angela starts

Angela: I've been giving you a hard time, Loki, but I only wanted to test your mettle. I can't have a sibling who lacks fight.
Lady Loki: I suppose I can forgive your behavior. I'll still probably do something horrible to you when you least expect it.
Angela: Let's share a drink. You can tell me all about your Asgardian upbringing.
Lady Loki: Where to begin? Have you met Thor yet? He's the worst... 

Upgrade Angela! 7 x Red Ornaments, 2 x Gold Ornaments, 3300 Odin Treasures
Angela Force Bonds, 55s, requires Loki
Loki Study Arcane Lore, 3m

Lady Loki: You aren't absolutely awful, sister. Be sure to call on me when you make your move on the throne of Hel.
Angela: Likewise for your pursuit of the throne of Asgard. I refuse to fight father, but I'm sure he won't mind me killing a couple hundred of his guards.
Lady Loki: We'll make it a holiday tradition.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures 


Siblings Pt. 1
Angela starts

Thor: Sister! I've been waiting forever to meet you even though I just found out you exist!
Angela: That doesn't make sense...
Thor: Verily! Usually, when things don't make sense, I bash them with the mighty Mjolnir!
Angela: Perhaps we are related... 

Angela Discuss Targets, 1m

Thor: You look disturbed. Has Loki bothered you? He means well, but can't help himself. I love him, but sometimes I lose my patience, and throw him into space.
Angela: We get along fine. I'm just distracted by the feeling that there are monsters looming. My instincts are rarely wrong.
Thor: You should speak with the Lady Sif! She's the finest monster hunter in all the Nine Realsm!
Angela: Ten Realms.
Thor: Are you certain?
Angela: Yes. I'm from the tenth.
Thor: My mind hath been blown...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures 

Siblings Pt .2
Angela starts

Angela: Thor said I should speak to you about the monsters being unleashed upon Midgard.
Sif: No one believes me. Someone is using Malekith's distraction to free and even create these creatures. Some seem to be dormant, but that won't last long.
Angela: We should hunt these monsters down before it's too late.
Sif: Monster hunter bros!
Angela: I don't understand what you're doing...
Sif: It's a Midgardian thing...

Upgrade Angela! 10 x Red Ornaments, 2 x Gold Ornaments, 4000 Odin Treasures

RANK 3

Angela Train for the Hunt, 45s
Angela Hunt Beasts, 1m

Angela: I never thought Hela would send her forces to Midgard...
Sif: I'll hunt down the monsters. You worry about the Helspawn that's been sent here to destroy you.
Angela: Hela is the one who should be worried...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Guardian Angela Pt. 1
Angela starts

Angela: I want my weapons back.
Yondu: I ain't got the slightest idea what you mean.
Angela: I stashed my weapon cache at the Conservatory when Thanos made his play on the school. You went back and stole them. I need them back. Now.
Yondu: What you gonna do for me?
Angela: Not flay your flesh, and feed you to a horde of Helspawn. 
Yondu: That sounds agreeable...

Angela Grab a Snack, 1m15s

Yondu: You got your weapons back. We square now?
Angela: For now, but I may need more. Conquering Hel is only the beginning...

Reward: 20 Odin Treasures 

Guardian Angel Pt. 2
Angela starts

Odin: When were you planning on telling me that Hela had sent her Helspawn her to hunt you down?
Angela: Never.
Odin: Being strong doesn't mean you can never ask for help, Angela.
Angela: Is that what you would do?
Odin: No. I'm almost as stubborn as you.

Upgrade Angela! 15 x Red Ornaments, 3 x Gold Ornaments, 4700 Odin Treasures
Angela Hunt Helspawn, 1m

Odin: Are you alright?
Angela: I'm fine. Now that the Helspawn are done, it's time to finish their queen...
Odin: Let me help you. I thought I'd lost you the first time. I swore to myself I would never let it happen again.
Angela: This is my fight, father. At least if I die, I'll already be in Hel...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures  


Hel and Back Pt. 1
Angela starts

America Chavez: You shouldn't do this alone...
Angela: I already told you I'm spoken for.
America Chavez: I'm not hitting on you. Why do you always think everyone is hitting on you?
Angela: Why wouldn't they be?
America Chavez: I'm already regretting it, but I want to help you. You can't run into Hel to kill the queen, and save your dead girlfriend all by yourself...
Angela: I appreciate your bravery and friendship, America Chavez, but only one of us belongs in Hel...

Angela Hunt Beasts, 1m
Loki Wield Sorcery, 1m

Lady Loki: You were supposed to tell me when you made your move on Hela's throne...
Angela: I wanted more time to prepare. She's not giving me a choice.
Lady Loki: Let me help you. She certainly won't be prepared for the both of us.
Angela: I've told enough people that this is something I must do alone.
Lady Loki: That's not what I'm offering. You think I would step foot in Hel? Please. I have standards...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures

Hel and Back Pt. 2
Angela starts

Lady Loki: Hela knows you're coming. She knows you'll be looking for your girlfriend. It will be nearly impossible for you both to escape her realm.
Angela: If I wait, she'll continue to send her forces after me. I have to face her there. I have to save Sera.
Lady Loki: You're so lucky to be related to Loki. Place this amulet around your girlfriend's neck. It will make her appear as one of Hela's Draugr warriors. If nothing else, she'll be able to escape without you.
Angela: Thank you, Loki. I will not forget this. I owe you.
Lady Loki: I know you do. I won't forget either...

Upgrade Angela! 16 x Red Ornaments, 3 x Gold Ornaments, 5400 Odin Treasures

RANK 5 & ALL RANKS

Angela Visit Hel, 1m
Angela Forge Bonds, 1m, requires Loki

Lady Loki: What happened?
Angela: The disguise from your amulet worked, but Sera couldn't move past Hel's gates. Her soul belongs there now Hela's hordes pushed me from the gates, and she somehow transported the entire realm.
Lady Loki: Don't worry, sister. We will find a way to rescue your girlfriend.
Angela: And a way to get my revenge on Hela...
Lady Loki: I'm sure we can figure out something...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures



Save the Holidays!
America Chavez starts

Malekith: You're too late! The Casket of Ancient Winters can no longer be closed. Midgard is doomed!
America Chavez: Is it too late to punch you in the face?
Malekith: ...No?
America Chavez: Then I'm right on time. 



Defeat Malekith!
Dark Elf 1731 HP (requires Iron Cannons) + Malekith 1731 HP (requires Iron Cannons)

N.B. Guard returns after 16h

Odin: Where's the Destroyer?!
Malekith: What are you talking about?
Odin: Your Elves broke into the Temple of Darkness, and stole my enchanted Destroyer armor! It could destroy us all!
Malekith: Hence the name.
Odin: Where is it?!
Malekith: I have no idea. You have many enemies, Odin. Some of them live right under your beard...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures  


Asgard's Assassin
Loki starts

Angela: It's time we finished this...
Malekith: You're the one who's been following me. Odin's lost daughter. Asgard's assassin.
Angela: I'm glad that it took us so long to come face to face. It gave me time to decide where to put your head in my trophy case.

Defeat Malekith 3 Times!

Dark Elf: You don't look so good, boss.
Malekith: That's strange. I wonder if it's due to the fact that you're worthless, so I've had to fight A-Force and the Avengers myself, and they've pummeled me countless times over the past two weeks.
Dark Elf: Yeah, it's been a pretty big blow to my self-esteem.
Malekith: I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.
Dark Elf: Thanks, Malekith. It helps to know that you have my back.
Malekith: I'm being sarcastic. I hate you.
Dark Elf: Bummer. Looks like my only real friend is Rock Bottom...
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Captain's Orders
Black Widow starts

Captain Marvel: Shut up.
Malekith: I never said anything.
Captain Marvel: I know, but you seem like the villainous speech type, and I don't wanna hear it.
Malekith: I'm Malekith the Accursed! Ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim! Master of the Hounds! The greatest wielder of--
Captain Marvel: You probably can't hear me over your own screaming, but I'm doing a big exasperated sigh right now.

Defeat Malekith 5 Times!

Malekith: This can't be possible. Everything was going according to plan...
Captain Marvel: Your plan or Thanos's plan?
Malekith: You know him?
Captain Marvel: I went to school with him. My locker was right next to his. It sucked.
Malekith: He'll destroy us all...
Captain Marvel: We'll see. He said the same thing before I beat him in arm wrestling.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures 


WORLD NEWS: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Great news from Avengers Academy as A-Force and the Avengers have managed to turn the tide against the Frost Giants and Dark Elves, and are in the process of imprisoning Malekith. Angela and the Mighty Thor are returning the Casket of Ancient Winters to Odin's vaults in Asgard as we speak. Meanwhile, the reclusive hero Hawkeye is gathering a team of this closest allies to deal with a potentially apocalyptic situation he describes as, "robots and stuff." Like many of our viewers, World News has been experiencing technical difficulties, but I can assure you that our new slogan is not, "We are Ultron." At first, I thought it said, " We are Awesome." The logo could be me riding a motorcycle over a volcano while playing the saxophone. My sidekick could be an alligator with sunglasses. Yeah. That would be awesome. 


Unworthy
Thor(f) starts

Thor(f): It only seemed right that I should be the one to strike the final blow.
Malekith: I have one more trick up my sleeve...
Thor(f): Then perhaps I'll start by tearing your arms off... 



Defeat Malekith 7 Times!

Lady Loki: When will you learn to stop challenging Asgard and its allies?
Malekith: When I've danced in its ashes.
Lady Loki: Never disrespect the sanctity of dance!
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Hawks and Bots

Loki starts

Odin: Malekith is nearly finished. Can I trust you to seal and secure the Casket of Ancient Winters?
Lady Loki: Can you, or should you?

Odin: Loki...
Lady Loki: I'l take care of it, father. You go Odinsleep off your holiday feast.
Odin: Did you steal the Destroyer armor?
Lady Loki: Everyone knows it's impossible for someone to break into the Temple of Darkness.
Odin: Then it must not have been someone. It had to be some thing...

Loki Wield Sorcery, 1m

Lady Loki: The Casket of Ancient Winters is closed and secure. Father wants you to return it to the vaults in Asgard.
Thor(f): It's still open next to Malekith's ship...
Lady Loki: I crafted a fake to keep them here until we're able to imprison Malekith.
Thor(f): How do I know the one you just gave me isn't a fake?
Lady Loki: I like you, Thorita. My brother never thinks to ask those type of questions.
Thor(f): You didn't answer...
Lady Loki: No. I didn't.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


First Place
Singularity starts

Angela: I need somewhere to place my latest trophy.
Singularity: Neat! Is it shiny?! Is there a tiny bowling man?!
Angela: It's a gigantic, decapitated monster head.
Singularity: Let's go bowling!

Get Angela's Trophy! 4 x Red Ornaments, 3 x Gold Ornaments (Defeat Malekith!), 2800 Odin Treasures, 10s

Sif: Nice giant monster skull.
Angela: Nice giant dragon skull.
Sif: What sword do you use?
Angela: Xiphos the Sword of the Stars. How about you?
Sif: Sword of Sif. It's enchanted by Odin. It cleaves passageways between dimensions by a spacial pattern of swinging motions.
Angela: My jealousy knows no bounds.
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Extra Space
Iron Man starts

Captain Marvel: I had my team build a scaled-down version of the Alpha Fight Low-Orbit Space Station. It's weaponized, has some of the same functionality, and keeps a direct link to our main station.
Iron Man: My own space station...
Captain Marvel: It's my space station. I'm the captain.
Iron Man: I've always wanted my own space station...
Captain Marvel: You can't have my space station, Tony.
Iron Man: Can I at least see inside?
Captain Marvel: Of course. I could use a good engineer.

Get the Space Station! 6 x Red Ornaments, 11 x Gold Ornaments, 3000 Odin Treasures, 10s

Rocket Raccoon: What's this hunk of hunk supposed to be?
Captain Marvel: My satellite space station. You're one to talk with your garbage ship.
Rocket Raccoon: My ship'll outrun this piece of crap any day!
Captain Marvel: Space stations aren't for racing, idiot.
Rocket Raccoon: I know that! I'm mad so I'm yelling things!
Reward: 20 Odin Treasures


Beast Mode
Loki starts


Winter Soldier
: We hunted them, they found us first. You're an angel, I'm the worst. They called us blessed, but we were cursed. Death is coming, I'll go first.
Angela: Is this witchcraft?
Winter Soldier: It's a lyrical assassination.
Angela: Who are you?
Winter Soldier: You can't have winter without Winter Soldier.
Angela: What do you want? I'm busy hunting a Jotunheim beast.
Winter Soldier: Bring it to my open mic night. Mythical creatures like my vibe.

Get the Jotunheim Beast! 18 x Gold Ornaments, 50 x Blue Ornaments, 50 x Red Ornaments, 15000 Odin Treasures, 10s

Reward: 20 Odin Treasures



Note:
You can also now get Malekith's Cell, 66 Gold Ornaments, 10s


UPDATED 04/01

Note: After completing the bobblehead challenges, the bobblehead you won will be available for free in the shop!

America Chavez Bobblehead Challenge
America Chavez starts

Collect 4 Power Attacks from Episode 4 Sleigh Rides!

Reward: 100 Odin Treasures


Angela Bobblehead Challenge
Angela starts

Open 50 Asgardian Chests!

Angela: Well done!
Reward: 100 Odin Treasures


Captain Marvel Bobblehead Challenge
Thor starts

Collect all 4 Bonus Prizes! (from the Winter Wonders tab)

Reward: 100 Odin Treasures 


She-Hulk Bobblehead Challenge
She-Hulk starts

Defeat Episode 4 Malekith Streak 6!

She-Hulk: Sensational!
Reward: 100 Odin Treasures 




What do you think of Episode 4 so far? Excited to get Angela? What about Captain Marvel?

Kou.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know if unlocking sif affects the level four sleigh rides? Looking at either rogue spider woman or sif, can't get both, and I noticed that rogue spider woman will let me get the best rewards from level four sleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sif does not affect the lvl 4 sleigh results, only the level 3.

      Delete
  2. How do you know how much power your hero has in a fight against malekith. The number that you have on the bar when you start a fight doesn't match the screen where you select?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The number on the bar when you start a fight is your health :)

      Delete