Thursday 29 September 2016

GotG Character Profile: Groot

Note: This is the information for Groot during the Return of the Guardians mini-event. I will add the original event info at a later date. Please see red edits for changes to the questline made during the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event.

Groot was re-released for the price of 1095 Shards. During GotG Vol. 2 he was a prize in Groot's Galactic Crate.


I am Groot! Pt. 1
Groot starts

Rocket Raccoon: I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. I missed you, Groot.
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Don't make it weird. I just appreciate the fact that you're the only one who doesn't get mad when I jump on their head to blow stuff up.
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: We'll see about that...

Groot Fight with Friends! 15m, requires Rocket Raccoon
 

Groot Set the Scene, 15m

Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah, you did alright. For a big, dumb tree...
Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: Sure. What do you wanna do?
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: You know I hate surprises...
Reward: 40 Credits

I am Groot! Pt. 2
Groot starts

Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Seriously?
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Fine. Don't say I never did anything for you...

Rocket Raccoon Break it Down! 15m
Groot Light It Up! 15m

Groot Light It Up! 4h


Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: I guess. I prefer explosions.
Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: How would I know?
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah, but I don't act like one.
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Good point. Sometimes I act like one...
Reward: 40 Credits 

I am Groot! Pt. 3
Groot starts

Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: Nah, I got stuff to do. Get out there and meet these people. A couple of 'em aren't as terrible as you'd expect.  
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah, well, talk to me after you've made the rounds...

Upgrade Groot! 
Groot Be One With Nature! 3m
Get Groot's Grove!

Wasp: Oh my gosh! You're so beautiful!
Groot: I am Groot.
Wasp: You're welcome!
Groot: I am Groot?!
Wasp: Why wouldn't I understand you?
Reward: 40 Credits  


A Tree of Few Words Pt. 1
Groot starts

Groot: I am Groot?
Wasp: I'd love to go to a concert with you, but I promised Ant-Man I'd make him a super-secret outfit. Why don't you go with Rocket?
Groot: I am Groot.
Wasp: I bet because he can't see over people's heads...
Groot: I am Groot.
Wasp: You're so crazy!

Groot Buy Concert Tickets! 45m

Groot: I am Groot?
Falcon: I'm Sam. Or you can call me Falcon.
Groot: I am Groot.
Falcon: Or you can just keep saying that. That's cool too.
Groot: I am Groot?
Falcon: We're having communication issues, Groot. It's okay though. I think I know someone who can help...
Reward: 40 Credits  

A Tree of Few Words Pt. 2
Groot starts

Groot: I am Groot.
Iron Man: I am Tony Stark, and I am going to design tiny translators to put in our ears so that Wasp and Rocket aren't the only ones who can understand you.
Groot: I am Groot!
Iron Man: You look excited, so I'm gonna assume you're saying thank you, in which case, you're welcome.
Groot: I am Groot!
Iron Man: I'm just gonna pretend that you're repeatedly applauding my genius. Now that I think about it, maybe I don't wanna know what you're actually saying...

Upgrade Groot! 90 x Guardians Badge (Mission Board)
Groot See Some Reggae! 3h, requires Falcon and Iron Man

Upgrade Groot!
Groot Fight with Friends, 15m, requires Rocket 

Falcon: That was awesome! I always thought I was the best wingman, because you know, wings. But it's definitely you, Groot.
Groot: I am Groot.
Falcon: Yeah, the music was amazing. Such a good vibe...
Groot: I am Groot.
Falcon: I know, man. That's what he gets for wearing sunglasses in a dark club. Tony is crazy.
Groot: I am Groot?
Falcon: I doubt it, but we'll make sure to remind him...
Reward: 40 Credits 


We are Groot! Pt. 1
Groot starts

Drax: Groot! It is nice to have you back at our side. I miss your vicious assaults and scratchy tree flesh.
Groot: I am Groot.
Drax: I have no idea what you're saying. I refuse to wear one of Tony Stark's translators because putting anything in my ear reminds me of the time an Ankaran ear-slig tried to burrow into my brain.

Groot Light It Up! 4h

Gamora: That was wonderful, Groot. Flittering embers peacefully being devoured by pure gloom.
Groot: I am Groot?
Gamora: Poignant Poison.
Groot: I am Groot.
Gamora: It's supposed to be filled with anger and anguish. It's a love song.
Reward: 40 Credits

We are Groot! Pt. 2
Groot starts

Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: How can you be lonely? There's people all over the place. I can't even sit down to read the book 'cuz someone's always hoggin' the spot.
Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Maybe you should try to find where you came from. It helped me.
Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: Nah, you couldn't pay me to go back. Whole planet was a trippy trainwreck. I almost got killed five times just stepping off the ship...
Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: Cuz it made me realize my life actually ain't that bad...

Upgrade Groot! 120 x Guardians Badge (Mission Board)
Groot Research Planet X! 4h
Groot Be One with Nature! 3m

Reward: 40 Credits
 

What do you think of Groot? Did you already have him? If not, did you buy him this time around?

Kou.


Groot's Phrases

I am Groot. (in various tones lol!)

Groot's Actions


Be One with Nature, 3m, Groot's Grove
Fight with Friends, 15m, Cosmic Combat Simulator
Set the Scene, 15m, Club Galaxy
Stay Hydrated, 15m, Club A
Buy Concert Tickets, 45m, The Timeless Archives
See Some Reggae! 3h, The Quinjet Hangar, requires Falcon
Light It Up, 4h, Club Galaxy
Use Auto-Pilot, 4h, Milano Spaceship
Protect the Environment - Rank 3
Research Planet X - Rank 4
See The Worlds - Rank 5
Visit Other Worlds - Rank 4

No comments:

Post a Comment