Wednesday 31 May 2017

GotG Vol. 2 Character Profile: Mantis

Mantis Style
Star-Lord starts

Star-Lord: Don't worry, Mantis. We have everything under control. We're gonna get you out of there.
Mantis: I can tell you're scared.
Star-Lord: Huh? What? Me? Star-Lord? Nah? I mean, nah. Not me.
Mantis: You're so funny.
Star-Lord: Thanks. I pride myself on my quick wit.
Mantis: I didn't mean on purpose funny.

Free Mantis! 100 Flares



Wasp: New cute bug girl!
Mantis: Your energy is otherworldly...
Wasp: I KNOW!
Reward: 10 Flares


Get Mantis!

Gamora starts

Gamora: We need your help to protect the Infinity Gauntlet from Ayesha and Collector.
Mantis: I'm more of a listener than a fighter.
Gamora: I watched you pull a guy's arm off once.
Mantis: I didn't like what he had to say.


Recruit Mantis!
- 9 Green Aliens (Defeat Ayesha's Forces)
- 45 Concert Tickets
(Special Event Missions)
- 12 Antennae
(Collect from the Space Mantis)
- 3970 Flares



Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Mantis! Is there anything we can get you?
Mantis: I can feel your stress.
Pepper Potts: Why would I be stressed? I always have a lot to do, but I plan everything. I even have plans for when things don't go according to plan. I'm not stressed.
Mantis: Kissing helps with stress.
Pepper Potts: Me?! You? Huh?
Mantis: You didn't have a plan for my response, and everything turned out fine. Just have fun, Pepper.
Reward: 10 Flares


Preying Mantis Pt. 1
Mantis starts

Mantis: This place is so cool! I saw a buff green girl on a bicycle! Why don't you ever ride a bicycle?!
Gamora: Getting from one place to another is meaningless. Death comes no matter where you are.
Mantis: Tell death to meet me on the dance floor. I'm gonna go see what kind of music humans listen to!
Gamora: I only listen to 80s alternative rock, and the call of the endless void.

Mantis Feel The Glow! 3m

Gamora: Our greatest foe is coming. We don't have time for dancing.
Mantis: You said time isn't real, so by that logic we have just as much time to dance as we have not to dance. And besides, there's always time for fun!
Gamora: Fun is for people who aren't the most dangerous woman in the galaxy.
Mantis: I bet you'd fall over if you took that stick outta your butt.
Gamora: You've been hanging out with Star-Lord too much.
Reward: 10 Flares

Preying Mantis Pt. 2
Mantis starts

Gamora: We need to get ready to crush these Priestesses of the Sovereign.
Mantis: Wait! I sense unhappiness! 
Gamora: Okay, first we fix the unhappiness. Then we get ready to crush these Priestesses of the Sovereign.
Mantis: I love crushing things!

Mantis Use Empathy, 2h
Mantis Study Psychology, 3m

Mantis: Baby Cthulhu looks scary, but he's the sweetest bundle of entropy and indifference I've ever seen!
Gamora: I would give my life for Baby Cthulhu.
Mantis: We might have to!
Reward: 10 Flares  

Preying Mantis Pt. 3

Mantis starts

Mantis: Baby Cthulhu's thrall wore off! It's time to crush our enemies!
Gamora: Now you are speaking my language. My metaphorical language. Zen Whoberian is my real language, and all the other speakers are dead.
Mantis: That explains so much...

Upgrade Mantis! 12 x Green Aliens, 4990 Flares
Mantis Style! 5h

Elsa Bloodstone: You just bit the head off a training dummy.
Mantis: Sorry.
Elsa Bloodstone: Don't be. I did the same thing last week.
Reward: 10 Flares


Sixth Sense Pt. 1
Mantis starts

Mantis: I sense something from you.
Nick Fury: No feelings to see here.
Mantis: It's fear! You are afraid! You have been afraid as long as you can remember!
Nick Fury: I eat fear for breakfast.
Mantis: I eat bugs sometimes!

Mantis Discuss Emotions, 3m
Mantis Play With Hormones, 5m

Mantis: I really messed up today, Groot.
Groot: I am Groot?
Mantis: Yeah, I guess feeling other people's feelings doesn't mean I understand them.
Groot: I am Groot!
Mantis: You're right! Talking to trees always solves everything!
Reward: 10 Flares

Sixth Sense Pt. 2
Mantis starts

Mantis: Groot had an amazing idea! I'm going to use my powers to help people understand their feelings!
Star-Lord: I thought that's what you were doing before?
Mantis: Mostly I used empathy and precognition to win at card games.
Star-Lord: When this settles down we're going to Vegas.
Mantis: The neon capital of the galaxy?!

Upgrade Mantis! 18 x Green Aliens, 6750 Flares

RANK 3

Mantis Listen To Feelings, 5m
Mantis Feel The Glow! 4h

Mantis: What your parents did was wrong, but you are not your parents.
Nico Minoru: I...thanks? I guess?
Mantis: I'm helping you!
Nico Minoru: You should probably meet my little blue friend.
Reward: 10 Flares   

Sixth Sense Pt. 3
Mantis starts

Singularity: Your antennae are really pretty!
Mantis: Thank you! I like that you're made of stars!
Singularity: Me too!
Mantis: Wanna help people?!
Singularity: That's my main favorite thing!

Mantis Use Empathy, 2h
Mantis Watch Cute Videos, 3m

Mantis: All of the broody people feel better now!
Singularity: We helped!
Mantis: Elsa still seems cranky, but that may just be her face.
Singularity: Grumpy faces are fun!
Reward: 10 Flares


Power Of Positivity Pt. 1
Mantis starts

Wasp: ...And that's how I took over a criminal empire and used it for good!
Mantis: Oh no.
Wasp: Being a mobster is totally awesome! You get to dress up and be violent at the same time!
Mantis: Sorry, but I just got a vision. It's stronger than any I've had so far...

Upgrade Mantis! 34 x Green Aliens, 9870 Flares
Mantis Listen To Feelings, 5m
Mantis Style! 5h

Reward: 10 Flares

RANK 5: 42 x Green Aliens, 12010 Flares



What do you think of Mantis? Were you able to get her?

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment