Friday 5 May 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event: Episode 2

Morning Avengers!!


Episode 2 of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event is now live in our games! Once you have completed the quests "Me vs. Kree" and "The Golden Touch", you will be able to start episode 2! Complete all quests marked with a gold star to advance.



Episode 2 of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event ends on May 11th at 3 pm PDT/6 pm EDT.
You will need to unlock the Nova Dog by the end of the episode or it will disappear at that time.





FAQ

How do I recruit Mantis?

Start the quest "Get Mantis!" to invite Mantis! To recruit her to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 9 Green Aliens (Defeat Ayesha's Forces)
- 45 Concert Tickets
(Special Event Missions)
- 12 Antennae (Collect from the Space Mantis)
- 3970 Flares

Once you turn in these items, Mantis will join the Academy. She must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I get Godkiller Iron Man?

Godkiller Iron Man is a special, limited-time outfit for Iron Man. You can get it from Van Dyne's Outfits by turning in the following items:
- 8 Space Maps
(from the Recorder 451)
- 2 Green Aliens
(Defeat Ayesha's Forces)
- 20 Asteroids
(Special Event Missions)
- 2840 Flares

The outfit must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or it will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I unlock Nebula?

Nebula is available for 595 Shards! You can find her in the Shop.
Having Nebula allows her to participate in combat and allows health packs to drop from the Mission Board! This bonus automatically applies if you recruited her in a previous event.
Nebula must be fully unlocked by the end of the event or she will disappear at that time. 

How do I access Quadrants?

Start the quest "Battle Strategy" to unlock Quadrants! You can access them through the Holo-Map Table icon on the right side of the screen.
Collect Rocket Fuel from the Mission Board to send your heroes to fight Chitauri in each Sector of a Quadrant.

Victory in a Sector can yield the following possible rewards:
- Nova Helmets
- Flares
- Kree Seals
- Vortex Grenades
- Combat Skills

You get bonus drops for conquering a Sector for the first time!

How do I progress through Quadrants?


Defeating a Sector in a Quadrant will unlock the next Sector for you to battle. Defeating all 8 Sectors in a Quadrant will unlock the next Quadrant in a subsequent episode.
You can collect up to 3 Stars from each Sector based on your battle performance against the Chitauri. You get 1 Star automatically for conquering a Sector. Conquering a Sector with over 50% health will get you 2 Stars, and conquering a Sector with over 80% health left on your team will get you 3 Stars!

How do I battle Abelisk?

Finish the quest "Battle Strategy" and start the quest "Jaws of Victory" to battle Abelisk!
You will need to craft Cosmic Shields at Collector's Ship to fight Abelisk.
Abelisk drops different rewards depending on what character you use to battle him!
- Sending Star-Lord rewards Flares
- Sending Nova rewards Vortex Grenades
- Sending Mantis rewards Green Aliens

How do I craft Cosmic Shields?

Craft Cosmic Shields at Collector's Ship, located in the event playspace! You will need Cosmic Energy from the Mission Board to craft them.

How do I battle Collector?

Start the quest "Defeat Collector" to battle Collector!
You will need Vortex Grenades from Quadrants to fight Collector. Defeating Abelisk rewards Flares, Green Aliens for unlocking Godkiller Iron Man and Mantis, and Satellites at Streak 7+ for the Nova Dog.

How do I get Galactic Star-Lord?

Galactic Star-Lord is a special, limited-time outfit for Star-Lord. You can get it from Van Dyne's Outfits once you have gotten 3 Stars in all Sectors for Quadrant 1.
The outfit must be completely unlocked by the end of the quest "Get Galactic Star-Lord" or it will disappear from the game at that time.
Galactic Star-Lord changes Star-Lord to an Advanced Speed type and allows him to train his own combat skills! It also cuts all crafting timers in half. 

What are combat types?

Combat types determine a character's strengths! If your character has an advantage, they will deal extra damage! Strong has advantage against Poison, Poison has advantage against Fast, and Fast has advantage against Strong.
Advanced combat types have a bonus advantage over their own type as well!
 



NEW SHOP ITEMS

Kronos, 245 Shards, drops 300 Flares every 12h
Eternity, 445 Shards, drops 600 Flares every 12h



Alien Agents, 545 Shards, drops 6 Green Aliens per day 



Nova Star Blaster, 395 Shards, drops 3 Rocket Fuel per day
Nova Starcruiser, 595 Shards, drops 6 Rocket Fuel per day









QUESTS

Mantis Style
Star-Lord starts

Star-Lord: Don't worry, Mantis. We have everything under control. We're gonna get you out of there.
Mantis: I can tell you're scared.
Star-Lord: Huh? What? Me? Star-Lord? Nah? I mean, nah. Not me.
Mantis: You're so funny.
Star-Lord: Thanks. I pride myself on my quick wit.
Mantis: I didn't mean on purpose funny.

Free Mantis! 100 Flares



Wasp: New cute bug girl!
Mantis: Your energy is otherworldly...
Wasp: I KNOW!
Reward: 10 Flares


Get Mantis!

Gamora starts

Gamora: We need your help to protect the Infinity Gauntlet from Ayesha and Collector.
Mantis: I'm more of a listener than a fighter.
Gamora: I watched you pull a guy's arm off once.
Mantis: I didn't like what he had to say.


Recruit Mantis!
- 9 Green Aliens (Defeat Ayesha's Forces)
- 45 Concert Tickets
(Special Event Missions)
- 12 Antennae
(Collect from the Space Mantis)
- 3970 Flares



Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Mantis! Is there anything we can get you?
Mantis: I can feel your stress.
Pepper Potts: Why would I be stressed? I always have a lot to do, but I plan everything. I even have plans for when things don't go according to plan. I'm not stressed.
Mantis: Kissing helps with stress.
Pepper Potts: Me?! You? Huh?
Mantis: You didn't have a plan for my response, and everything turned out fine. Just have fun, Pepper.
Reward: 10 Flares


Get Godkiller Iron Man!
Iron Man starts


Wasp: WHAT IS THIS?!
Godkiller Iron Man: My Celestial butt-kicking armor.
Wasp: It has shoulder packs!
Godkiller Iron Man: I'm calling it Godkiller.
Wasp: I'm so glad you're my best friend!


Get Godkiller Iron Man!
- 8 Space Maps (from the Recorder 451)
- 2 Green Aliens
(Defeat Ayesha's Forces)
- 20 Asteroids
(Special Event Missions)
- 2840 Flares


Star-Lord: Celestials are pretty big, man. You sure that'll be enough?
Godkiller Iron Man: This is the prototype. The full-sized version is five miles tall and chilling in a Dyson Sphere.
Star-Lord: I understood almost half of that sentence.
Captain America: A Dyson Sphere is a large structure encompassing a star to capture solar energy.
Godkiller Iron Man: That's...how do you...
Captain America: Futurism!


Reward: 10 Flares


Battle Strategy!
Rocket starts

Nick Fury: We'll hold down the fort here, and keep Ayesha and Collector from getting their hands on the Infinity Gauntlet. I need heroes in space, taking out our other cosmic enemies, and tracking Thanos.
Rocket Raccoon: I don't take orders from you.
Nick Fury: I'll pay you.
Rocket Raccoon: I'll take orders from you.

Defeat the first Sector in Quadrant 1, 2 x Rocket Fuel (Special Event Missions)





Rocket Raccoon: Tell me where to find Thanos!
Chitauri: Rhe sloolgh julmpkhh dlekshkrok telm enklhawainn...
Rocket Raccoon: Just draw me a picture or something...
Reward: 10 Flares


Jaws of Victory!
Drax starts

Ayesha: Their imperfections are repellent.
Priestess: One of them tried to lick me. Its breath wreaked (sic) of pizza.
Ayesha: Let's quickly retrieve the Infinity Gauntlet, and escape this diaper fire of a planet. 
Priestess: Should we order our allies to attack to keep the heroes at bay?
Ayesha: Release the cosmic octopus!
Priestess: Its name is Abelisk.
Ayesha: I don't even know your name. 

Star-Lord Battle Abelisk! 6h, 1 x Cosmic Shield (Craft at Collector's Ship!)


Loki: That slimy beast refuses to quit.
Drax the Destroyer: We won't stop fighting the space octopus until we win.
Loki: I was talking about Enchantress.
Drax the Destroyer: Clever!
Reward: 10 Flares 


Defeat Collector!
Rocket starts

The Collector: I'd honestly prefer to avoid a scuffle. I'm only interested in adding an Infinity Gauntlet to my collection.
Rocket Raccoon: Like when you tried to add me to your collection?
The Collector: Yes, but you're a stinky novelty. The Gauntlet is the most extravagant accessory in any reality. The jealousy will be palpable when I wear it to my next soiree.
Rocket Raccoon: I should punch you just for saying soiree. 


Defeat Collector! 2 x Vortex Grenades (Nova Battle Abelisk OR Quadrant Battles)




Star-Lord: You should've stayed at the Cosmic Conservatory, Collector.
The Collector: It's simply not the same since Thanos took over. His lack of style is disturbing.
Star-Lord: Not everyone is into fur tank tops and amethyst chandeliers.
The Collector: If everyone was, I would be into something else.
Reward: 10 Flares


Complete Set
Drax starts

Ayesha: I know that you're planning on keeping the Infinity Gauntlet for yourself.
The Collector: You knew that I was when we agreed to collaborate. I'm a Collector, not a tacky tyrant assistant.
Ayesha: Tacky?
The Collector: You look like a constipated brooch.
Ayesha: You're on your own, Collector. I'll enjoy watching this gaggle of goofballs tear you to shreds.
The Collector: I'm the Collector, darling. Everyone enjoys watching everything I do.

Defeat Collector 3 Times!


Nick Fury: Join the school. Help me stop Thanos.
The Collector: I'll trade you for the Gauntlet.
Nick Fury: Trade me what?
The Collector: The fabulous majesty that is my presence.
Nick Fury: You ain't that fabulous.
Reward: 10 Flares  


Fabulous
Drax starts

Doctor Octopus: You're the universe's best collector?
The Collector: Of everything that intrigues and disturbs.
Doctor Octopus: I've been desperately attempting to complete a collection of my own. How extensive is your knowledge of magical ponies?
The Collector: I'm more interested in your hair. It's fabulous. Like a turtle made of dandruff.
Doctor Octopus: You want to put my haircut in your museum?
The Collector: Absolutely. I could showcase your whole body, but I honestly think it detracts from the main attraction.

Defeat Collector 5 Times!

Drax: You promised me Thanos. It's the only reason I attended your pathetic excuse for a space school.
The Collector: He's a difficult catch. If you ever do get him, please bring me his tonsils.
Drax: Why?
The Collector: The Collector works in mysterious ways.
Reward: 10 Flares


New Obsession
Drax starts


The Collector: I can't help but notice all of these fabulous animals and decorations.
Enchantress: If you lay your lavender-scented hands on a single creature at this Academy, I will make you eat those absurd glasses, and burn the colorless eyebrows from your face.
The Collector: You are feisty.
Enchantress: The animals are the only living things I enjoy at this Academy. Take them from me, and the only things you will be collecting are your spilled blood and tears.
The Collector: Ooooh. I like you.

Defeat Collector 7 Times!

The Collector: I have decided to bless your campus with my powerful presence, and impeccable style.
Nick Fury: You guys always have to take a beating before you see the light.
The Collector: How attached are you to that eyepatch? I'm picturing myself as a glamorous swashbuckler, and I'm loving it.
Reward: 10 Flares




Growing Collection
Mantis starts

Mantis: We won things!
Iron Man: If I know my villainous invasions, this is only the first step.
Mantis: Why do villains always attack Avengers Academy?
Iron Man: I blame Captain America.

Mantis Use Empathy, 3m
Iron Man Fix the Galaxy, 15m

Ayesha: How are we possibly failing to retrieve the Infinity Gauntlet against this collection of detestable losers?
Priestess: It's hard to concentrate when you're constantly yelling orders.
Ayesha: The Celestial doesn't seem to mind.
Priestess: I'm pretty sure I've heard him make groaning noises.
Ayesha: You're fired. Turn in your amazing hat, and notify the next identical golden girl.
Reward: 10 Flares


NOWHERE PAWN SHOP


Collector's Collection

Star-Lord starts

Ayesha: It is an impressive museum, Collector.
The Collector: It's the most fabulous collection of astounding artifacts, intriguing creatures, and ominous oddities that this or any galaxy has ever seen.
Ayesha: I find it rather creepy.
The Collector: I wonder how you'll find it when you're inside one of the displays...
Ayesha: Excuse me?
The Collector: Oh, nothing. Just complimenting your commitment to being monochromatic at the risk of being boring.

Place Collector's Museum! 990 Flares



Spider-Ham: This place is awesome!
The Collector: I would be tickled to give you the tour.
Spider-Ham: Wow! Thanks so much!
The Collector: Before we enter, I'll be needing your measurements.
Spider-Ham: Why?
The Collector: It's standard procedure for my most treasured guests...
Reward: 10 Flares


Playing Recorder
Iron Man starts

Vision: What is that android doing?
Godkiller Iron Man: Recording our battle against the Celestials. I'm guessing it wants to be the first one to put them online.
Vision: We should not judge it for its interests.
Godkiller Iron Man: I just ate a block of cheese in a hot tub. I don't judge anyone for anything.

Place Recorder 451! 1 x Green Alien (Defeat Collector! OR Alien Agents), 1980 Flares



Nick Fury: You invited a robot that records history onto my campus?
Godkiller Iron Man: It gave me the schematics for the Godkiller armor, so I can defeat the Celestials. In exchange, it gets to record us.
Nick Fury: No one gets to record everything everyone does but me.
Reward: 10 Flares


Giant Insects From Outer Space!
Black Widow starts

Hank Pym: That is the single largest non-Pym-Particled insect I have ever seen!
Mantis: They're all that size where I'm from.
Hank Pym: Fascinating! Have your people ever abducted humans?!
Mantis: No...
Hank Pym: If they ever want to, I'll be waiting in a corn field!

Place Space Mantis! 3 x Green Aliens (Defeat Collector! OR Alien Agents), 3110 Flares


Black Widow: Your pet mantis is eating her mate?
Mantis: That is common behavior. I must not interfere with her development.
Black Widow: I didn't say I didn't like it.
Reward: 10 Flares


Makin' His Way Downtown
Wasp starts

Wasp: That's your dog?!
Nova: She's awesome, right?
Wasp: Your dog is cooler than either of us will ever be!
Nova: And I'm strangely okay with that.

Get Nova Dog! 20 x Satellites (Defeat Collector), 15770 Flares


Hawkeye: Let me pet your dog!
Nova: Where did you just come from?!
Reward: 10 Flares  


Boxed Octopus!
Star-Lord starts

Nick Fury: I need you to build me a cell for a cosmic octopus.
The Collector: Congratulations.
Nick Fury: For what?
The Collector: You're now the proud owner of my favorite sentence.

Get Abelisk's Cell! Defeat Collector at Streak 15!

Reward: 10 Flares



Get Galactic Star-Lord! (7d timer!)
Star-Lord starts

Iron Man: Niiiiiiiice.
Galactic Star-Lord: I'm digging having actual armor between me and space. And blasters. And weird alien monsters. Pretty much everything's trying to kill us. Armor is awesome!
Iron Man: Armor bros!




Get Galactic Star-Lord! Get 3 stars on all Sectors in Quadrant 1



Drax the Destroyer: I see you're wearing armor. This is good. You are squishy and fragile and your red jacket smells like tortilla chips and provides inadequate protection.
Galactic Star-Lord: You don't even wear a shirt...
Drax the Destroyer: I like to feel the wind on my nipples.


Reward: 10 Flares


What do you think of Episode 2? Excited to recruit Mantis?

Kou.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh.. really frustrated right now that getting the badges to level up the GotG are literally 1 at a time right now. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone already has Galatic Star Lord, please tell me your character skill levels you have when received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fix the galaxy, for iron man in the quests here needs to be updated, it's not 15m it's 4 hours....

    ReplyDelete