Friday 26 May 2017

GotG Vol. 2 Special Event: Episode 5

Morning Avengers!!

Episode 5 of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event is now live in our games! Once you have completed the quest "Brink of Madness", you will be able to start episode 5! Complete all quests marked with a gold star to advance.

Episode 5 of the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Special Event (and the event!) ends on June 1st at 3 pm PDT/6 pm EDT.
You will need to unlock all items, characters, and outfits by the end of this episode or they will no longer be available.


FAQ



How do I recruit Cosmo the Spacedog?

Start the quest "Get Cosmo!" to invite Cosmo! To recruit him to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items: 
- 12 White Aliens (Defeat Ayesha)
- 30 Bones
(Special Event Missions)
- 12 Space Helmets (Collect from the Catsronaut)
- 4010 Flares

Once you turn in these items, Cosmo the Spacedog will join the Academy. He must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or he will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I unlock Quadrant 4: Heroic Mode?

Unlock Quadrant 4's Heroic Mode by completing all the Sectors in Quadrant 4's Normal Mode!
You do not need to complete previous Heroic Modes to access Quadrant 4's Heroic Mode.

How do I recruit Lil' Groot?

Finish recruiting Cosmo the Spacedog and start the quest "Get Lil' Groot!" to invite Lil' Groot! To recruit him to Avengers Academy, you'll need to turn in the following items:
- 3 Big Red Buttons (from Quadrant 4 Heroic Mode)
- 5550 Flares

Once you turn in these items, Lil' Groot will join the Academy. He must be completely unlocked by the end of the event or he will disappear from the game at that time.

How do I recruit Beta Ray Bill?

Finish the Galactic Challenge by obtaining all 4 Galactic outfits to recruit Beta Ray Bill!
You must redeem him from the Galactic Challenge section of the event menu by the end of the event or he will disappear at that time.

How do I battle Ayesha?

Start the quest "Defeat Ayesha's Army!" to fight Ayesha! You will need Perfect Weapons from Quadrant 4 to fight her.
Defeating Ayesha rewards Flares, White Aliens for unlocking Cosmo the Spacedog, and Nesting Dolls for Ego the Living Planet. Streak 10 also rewards the Space Grenade, which is used to unlock Galactic Rocket Raccoon!
Starting from Streak 2, you'll have to take out Ayesha's Priestesses before you can attack her directly. These guards must be defeated in one battle each or they will return to full health.

How do I unlock Galactic Rocket Raccoon?

Galactic Rocket Raccoon is a special, limited-time outfit for Rocket Raccoon. You can get it from the Knowhere Pawn Shop by turning in the following items:
- 30 Rocket Packs
(from Quadrant Heroic Mode)
- Space Grenade
(from Ayesha Streak 10)

The outfit must be completely unlocked by the end of the quest "Get Galactic Rocket Raccoon" or it will disappear from the game at that time.
Galactic Rocket Raccoon changes Rocket Raccoon to an Advanced Speed type and allows him to train him own combat skills!
 

NEW SHOP ITEMS

Galactic Monster, 395 Shards, drops 12 White Aliens per day, 30s







QUESTS

Freeink Cosmo
Adam Warlock starts

Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo cannot be allowink these breaches of securities. It is time for Cosmo to be puttink his paws down.
Adam Warlock: What will you do?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Remind Ayesha to beware of Cosmo the Spacedog?

Free Cosmo the Spacedog! 100 Flares



Lucky: Woof! Woof!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Thank you, comrade Lucky, but Cosmo must be doink this alone.
Lucky: Woof?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Do not worry. Cosmo is a young dog, but he is knowink more than a few tricks.
Reward: 10 Flares




Get Cosmo!
Adam Warlock starts

Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is givink you a last chance, Ayesha. You can be surrenderink, or you can be facink the wrath of Cosmo.
Ayesha: Please. Your breath smells like burnt hamburgers.
Cosmo the Spacedog: This is appropriate because we are havink beef.


Recruit Cosmo!
- 12 White Aliens (Defeat Ayesha)
- 30 Bones
(Special Event Missions)
- 12 Space Helmets (Collect from the Catsronaut)
- 4010 Flares


RECRUITED

Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Cosmo! Is there anything we can get for you?
Cosmo the Spacedog: The only thinks Cosmo is needink is a bone, an old blanket, and revenge against the Sovereign.
Pepper Potts: I got you a tennis ball too!
Cosmo the Spacedog: This is makink Cosmo very happy.
Reward: 10 Flares


Cosmonaut! Pt. 1
Cosmo starts

Hawkeye: Do you wanna play, buddy?!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo must be returnink to duty. Knowhere Security is needink his assistance.
Hawkeye: Who's a good boy?!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Is Cosmo?! Is Cosmo beink good boy?!

Cosmo Fetchink! 3m, requires another Avenger

Lucky: Grrrrr...
Cosmo the Spacedog: Do not be afraid, comrade Lucky! Cosmo is not takink your human.
Lucky: Woof!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Haha, yes! Bird man is smellink like coffee and pizza crusts! You are killink Cosmo with the observational humors.
Reward: 10 Flares

Cosmonaut! Pt. 2
Cosmo starts

Loki: Fantastic! Another slobbering beast graces the Academy with its presence.
Cosmo the Spacedog: If little god is not learnink manners, Cosmo will be forced to educate by force.
Loki: I was speaking of Enchantress. You, on the other hand, are a magnificent creature, and I'm glad we finally have an intelligent life form around here. Tell me, do you enjoy dance?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is havink moves for days.

Cosmo Dancink! 5m

Mantis: I didn't know you danced!
Cosmo the Spacedog: All Soviet operatives must be educated in dance before gainink clearance for duties.
Black Widow: It's kind of weird that Russian intelligence centers are so big on ballet.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is telepathic dog, so he does not judge.
Reward: 10 Flares

Cosmonaut! Pt. 3



Cosmo starts

Black Widow: How did you become the head of Knowhere security? I can't find any records anywhere. I'm not used to not knowing people's business.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is not wishink to speak of past.
Black Widow: So you won't let me know how you became telepathic, either?
Cosmo the Spacedog: No.
Black Widow: We're gonna get along just fine, Comrade.

Upgrade Cosmo, 9 x White Aliens, 4990 Flares
Cosmo Guardink! 4m

Cosmo the Spacedog: Did friend Mantis let small tentacle beast free?
Mantis: Noooooooooo...
Cosmo the Spacedog: Mantis should know lyink to telepaths in most unwise. Tell truth: did Mantis free tiny Cthulhu?
Mantis: Yes...
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is not beink mad. It is cute for horrifyink monster.
Reward: 10 Flares


Good Dog! Pt. 1
Cosmo starts


Cosmo the Spacedog
: Everywhere Cosmo turns, he is seeink disorder! Breakink of rules! What is meanink of this?
Nick Fury: You ever try to control a hundred kids with super powers? I don't have time to discipline every thief and vigilante. I have things to do.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Today is comrade Fury's lucky day.

Cosmo Guardink! 4m

Cosmo the Spacedog: Everywhere Cosmo is turnink, he is seeing wrongdoink. Is chaos!
Gamora: The little eldritch god of horror and madness escaped its prison.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Unacceptable!
Gamora: I'm considering asking it to join my band. Those otherworldly screams are perfect for my new concept album.
Reward: 10 Flares

Good Dog! Pt. 2
Cosmo starts

Cosmo the Spacedog: Small tentacle beast will be returnink to containment unit immediately!
Baby Cthulhu: Mrglpht?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo realizes you are growink think, but cannot let you waddle amok!
Baby Cthulhu: Vrskmp!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Do not test Cosmo!

Upgrade Cosmo, 18 x White Aliens, 6120 Flares

RANK 3


Cosmo Monitorink!
5m

Cosmo the Spacedog: Baby Cthulhu is refusink to return to containment unit!
Mantis: You worry too much.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is not understandink how you are not worried! Eldritch beink is posink much danger to Avengers!
Mantis: He wants to be free! Just like the star spangled guy doing motorcycle backflips.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Doing what?!
Reward: 10 Flares   

Good Dog! Pt. 3

Cosmo starts

Cosmo the Spacedog: Does friend America know how many traffic regulations he is breakink?!
Ravager Captain America: I needed to build up momentum if I was gonna get my bike over that sixteen-wheeler before the light turned.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Friend Rogers, I am beink shocked. You are always on best behavior.
Ravager Captain America: I know, but I really like crashing things.

Cosmo Watchink! 5m

Cosmo the Spacedog: Why does Captain America break Cosmo's rules?!
Ravager Captain America: I think of them more as guidelines. If I need to get something done, what's a broken regulation here and there?
Cosmo the Spacedog: If Cosmo lays down rule, I expect everyone to follow it to the letter.
Ravager Captain America: What if I really need to catch up with a speeding Hydra agent?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Captain America must use turn signal!
Reward: 10 Flares


Trouble In Knowhere Pt. 1
Cosmo starts

Cosmo the Spacedog: Collector breaks more rules on Knowhere than all others! Cosmo will be layink down law!
The Collector: Are you really planning to chase after little old me on this tasteless planet, when Knowhere is under attack?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Arf?!
The Collector: Arf! Arf!

Upgrade Cosmo, 26 x White Aliens, 8130 Flares
Cosmo Searchink! 4m

Cosmo the Spacedog: What did gold lady do to Cosmo's home?!
Ayesha: I'm not familiar with you home. Is it a grimy alley or a filthy blanket?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Home is giant Celestial head! Hard to miss!
Ayesha: Knowhere? It's fallen into chaos on its own. I will deal with it when the time comes. And might I say, your grammar is atrocious.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is Russian dog. Give Cosmo break.

Reward: 10 Flares

Trouble In Knowhere Pt. 2
Cosmo starts


Cosmo the Spacedog: Friend Mantis! Something terrible is occurink at Knowhere!
Mantis: Are they out of dog treats?!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Such shortage would be catastrophic, but is not beink problem. Without Cosmo, Knowhere has no security! Former officers left posts! Crime is beink everywhere!
Mantis: Anarchy!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo cannot trust former friends in arms. Cosmo must assemble own task force and brink peace back home. And Cosmo is knowink just where to be startink...

Cosmo Recruitink! 3m

Misty Knight: You want to borrow King Wrinkles?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is assemblink new super team.
Misty Knight: That's the weirdest thing I've heard all day.
Cosmo the Spacedog: Day is just gettink started.
Reward: 10 Flares

Trouble In Knowhere Pt. 3
Cosmo starts

Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is goink to Knowhere. Friends will help Cosmo restore the peace. Comprehension?
British Bulldog: Arf!
Lucky: Woof!
Hawkeye: This is the best team!
Kate Bishop: Look at all the dogs!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Duty is not beink new concept for Cosmo. I am pleased to be sharink it with friends.
Hawkeye: This is so great!

Upgrade Cosmo! 44 White Aliens & 10570 FlaresRANK 5 & ALL RANKS

Cosmo Blastink Off! 4m

The Collector: I trust you've returned Knowhere to a more acceptable state of lawlessness?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo is not neglectink duties. Collector will respect new regulations. There will be no disturbink of peace.
The Collector: You accuse me...?!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo spent decades on ship alone before found. Cosmo not afraid of you. Get out of Cosmo's way and leave to duties or... No more mister nice dog.
Reward: 10 Flares   
 

Defeat Ayesha's Army!
Adam Warlock starts

Ayesha: Gather every Priestess. It's time to put an end to this, and return home with the Infinity Gauntlet.
Priestess: What will happen to us when you get the Gauntlet?
Ayesha: How would I know? Knowing you, I'm sure it will be either awful or boring.


Defeat Ayesha's Army! 2 Perfect Weapons (Sector 4 Battles OR Nova Battle Taimut)

Groot: I am Groot.
Ayesha: No one cares who you are.
Reward: 10 Flares 


Secure the Premises
Star-Lord starts

Cosmo the Spacedog: This is your final warnink, Ayesha. Cosmo is no longer playink around.
Ayesha: Or what? You'll pee on my rug?
Cosmo the Spacedog: Cosmo will be meltink your mind with his powers of telekinesis.
Ayesha: Oh...

Defeat Ayesha 5 Times!
(Note that from Streak 2 Ayesha has guards you must defeat before you can attack her!)

Cosmo the Spacedog: It is Cosmo's duty to be protectink the galaxy, and securink Avengers Academy.
Ayesha: When I get my hands on the Infinity Gauntlet, you'll rot in a pound for all eternity.
Cosmo the Spacedog: They are buildink a cell as we are speakink, Ayesha. It is not for Cosmo.
Reward: 10 Flares


Queen of Mean

The Collector starts


Ayesha
: Have you come to admit defeat, and relinquish the Infinity Gauntlet?
Nick Fury: I'm here to offer you a chance to join Avengers Academy.
Ayesha: I can understand why you'd want me, but why would I ever want to stay in this dump?
Nick Fury: You're staying either way. It's up to you whether you stay as a hero or a prisoner.
Ayesha: I'd rather die than become one of your little heroes.
Nick Fury: Your call.

Defeat Ayesha 7 Times!

Ayesha: This isn't over...
The Collector: Not by a long shot, darling. You're about to become the star of my show!
Reward: 10 Flares


Fit for a Queen
The Collector starts

The Collector: Your days of designing prison cells are over, Iron Man. Take a well-deserved break.
Iron Man: Fury wants you to build the cells from now on?
The Collector It's something I've been doing for a very, very long time. Don't worry, I fully intend to respect your aesthetic. No one appreciates a cohesive complete set more than the Collector.
Iron Man: I could use the extra time. Professor Pym has me working on some new kind of super-portal.
The Collector: That sounds wonderful. Hopefully, you'll find something fabulous to add to our collection.

Get Ayesha's Cell! Defeat Ayesha Streak 18!

Reward: 10 Flares


Get Beta Ray Bill!
Loki starts

Odin: Beta Ray Bill! My adopted son has finally returned! How has Stormbreaker been treating you?
Beta Ray Bill: Thank you, All-Father. The weapon is incredible. I've tried to honor your gift by being brave, and helping everyone in need across the cosmos.
Odin: Wonderful! I cannot wait for you to meet the rest of the family!
Beta Ray Bill: I have already steeled myself against Loki's inevitable horseface jokes.
Odin: Good thinking, Beta Ray Bill. You're going to fit in just fine at Avengers Academy.

Get Beta Ray Bill! Collect all four Galactic outfits!

Reward: 10 Flares




Time And Space (After recruiting Cosmo)

Iron Man starts

Hank Pym: Tony! I need your help constructing my ultimate multiversal portal!
Iron Man: For what?
Hank Pym: For science!


Iron Man Do Super Science, 3m

Hank Pym: I can't wait for you to meet all of the yous!
Iron Man: What do you mean?
Hank Pym: The threat of Thanos has compelled Director Fury to loosen his recruiting restrictions! Alternates for everyone!
Iron Man: Alternates?
Hank Pym: There's on of each of us living in a limitless number of alternate universes! Cowboys! Soldiers! Medieval warriors! Infinite iterations across every possible aspect of time and space!
Iron Man: How do I know you aren't an alternate?
Hank Pym: That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science! That's science!
Reward: 10 Flares


WORLD NEWS: AVENGERS TIME!

Out of this world news from Avengers Academy as the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy have teamed up to defeat the Priestesses of the Sovereign, and protect the Infinity Gauntlet. Director Fury refuses to comment on reports that the intergalactic conqueror Thanos is making his way toward Avengers Academy... But continued rumors about actively pursuing recruits from alternate universes and clandestine academies seem to support claims of him building his forces for an impending war. In the inevitable war of newsroom universes, I will reign supreme.

... Study shows New Yorkers have a high tolerance for alien invasions ... DJ Vision pretends everything circular is a turntable. Laughter ensues ... How to get webbing out of hair? Asking for a friend ... 



NOWHERE PAWN SHOP

Cats and Dogs
Wasp starts

Wasp: Is that a snowglobe with a cat astronaut! So cool!
Cosmo the Spacedog: Is likeness of Coworker. We are both workink security back at Knowhere.
Wasp: It is seriously adorable!
Cosmo the Spacedog: I have seen this cat claw the eyes out of a Kree Deviant. It was far from adorable.


Get Catstronaut! 3 White Aliens, 1650 Flares, 30s

Loki: This feline amuses me.
Cosmo the Spacedog: I am warnink you now. This cat has destroyed many an Asgardian.
Loki: How?
Cosmo the Spacedog: You do not want to know. Cosmo is sparink you the nightmares.
Reward: 10 Flares


Playhouse
Rocket Raccoon starts

Lil' Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Have you seen how short my arms are? They ain't made for pushing runty trees on the swing.
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: Fine, but both you and the giant you owe me one.


Get Lil' Groot's Treehouse! 1 x Gold Alien, 3 x Green Alien, 3 x Red Alien, 5060 Flares

Thor: A treehouse worthy of the gods! A small god, but still.
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Thor: Verily!
Groot: I am Groot!
Thor: Verily!
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Thor: I have no idea what we're talking about!
Reward: 10 Flares  


Big Ego
Iron Man starts

Pepper Potts: I get the whole living planet head without a body thing...but how is it your father?
Star-Lord: Hold up, how does the living planet part make sense to you? 
Pepper Potts: I've been here over a year. I've seen some things.
Star-Lord: Yeah, even if I knew how it actually happened, I doubt I'd wanna describe it.


Get Ego the Living Planet! 21 x Nesting Dolls (Defeat Ayesha), 20110 Flares, 30s

Loki: You're almost a head without a body. Explain this monstrosity.
M.O.D.O.K.: It's a living planet!
Loki: Why are you so excited?
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. is no longer the weirdest thing on campus!
Loki: Congratulations on being the second weirdest thing.
M.O.D.O.K.: Thanks!
Reward: 10 Flares  


Get Galactic Rocket Raccoon
Rocket starts

Ares: An armored raccoon with blasters to match? I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Galactic Rocket Raccoon: When I let the weapons loose on this thing, everybody'll be begging for mercy.
Ares: I like your style.
Galactic Rocket Raccoon: Even idiots like you know a good thing when they see it.

Get Galactic Rocket Raccoon!
- 30 Rocket Packs (from Quadrant Heroic Mode)
- Space Grenade
(from Ayesha Streak 10)


Reward: 10 Flares


Get Lil' Groot!
Rocket Raccoon starts

Rocket Raccoon: So, you're the same Groot when he was littler?
Lil' Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: How'd you end up in the timefog in the first place?
Lil' Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: It was bad enough having to babysit one of you.
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: Yeah, I guess you're sorta cute...

LIL GROOT

Get Lil' Groot!
- 3 Big Red Buttons (from Quadrant 4 Heroic Mode)
- 5550 Flares


RECRUITED

Groot: I am Groot?!
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Groot: I am Groot!
Lil' Groot: We are Groot!
Reward: 10 Flares


Kid From Planet X Pt. 1
Lil Groot starts

Groot: I am Groot?!
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Groot: I AM GROOT!
Star-Lord: Totally!

Lil' Groot Play! 3m

Mantis: ...
Lil' Groot: I am Groot?
Mantis: SO CUTE!
Reward: 10 Flares

Kid From Planet X Pt. 2
Lil Groot starts

Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Mantis: That's what I said!
Lil' Groot: I am Groot.
Mantis: You're one of the smartest little plants I've ever met!

Lil' Groot Dance! 5m

Rocket Raccoon: What're you doin'?! The galaxy won't save itself!
Lil' Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: I know the galaxy ain't done nothing for us, but we still live in it.
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: What makes you think another galaxy'd be any less crappy?
Reward: 10 Flares  

Kid From Planet X Pt. 3
Lil Groot starts

Rocket Raccoon: The fate of the universe rests on your shoulders. Whatever you do, don't push this button!
Lil' Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: We're gonna need that button. It's very important.
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: No!

Upgrade Lil' Groot, 4 x Green Aliens, 4 x Red Aliens, 2980 Flares
Lil' Groot DJ! 4m

Rocket Raccoon: What do you gotta do that for?!
Lil' Groot: I am Groot?
Rocket Raccoon: That button was for special occasions, when we need somethin' really spectacular.
Lil' Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: Now I gotta go find a whole new button.
Reward: 10 Flares 


Deploying Cuteness Pt. 1

Lil Groot starts

Lil' Groot: I am Groot.
Rocket Raccoon: We're taking care of the angry gold people. You stay put.
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: That's a terrible idea. You don't even know if it'll work!
Lil' Groot: I! Am! Groot!
Rocket Raccoon: Fine, try it your way. You're more stubborn than the grown-up version.

Lil' Groot Play! 3m

Ayesha: What are you supposed to be?
Lil' Groot: I am Groot?
Ayesha: I hate plants.
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!
Ayesha: I cannot wait to leave this planet.
Reward: 10 Flares

Deploying Cuteness Pt. 2
Lil Groot starts

Mantis: You're attempting to distract the Priestesses by...being adorable?
Lil' Groot: I am Groot.
Mantis: You're brilliant!
Lil' Groot: I am Groot!

Upgrade Lil Groot, 12 x White Aliens, 4180 Shards
Lil Groot Dance! 5m

Reward: 10 Flares
 


What do you think of Episode 5? Excited to recruit Cosmo? How about Lil' Groot? Are you surprised to see Beta Ray Bill?

Kou.

No comments:

Post a Comment