Monday 1 May 2017

Legends Assemble! Character Profile: The Leader

The Leader was a new character who you could recruit during the Legends Assemble! Special Event 2017.


Get Ahead!

Jarvis starts

Scientist Supreme: You'll regret betraying me, Leader.
The Leader: I once at a gallon of double chocolate chuck in three minutes, triggering intense dysentery and an ice cream migraine that lasted forty-eight days. You know nothing of regret.

Free Leader!

LEADER

The Leader: Before you pummel me with indestructible fists and poorly constructed sentences, please allow me to apologize.
Hulk: Apologize fast.
The Leader: I know I've made your life difficult...
Hulk: You blew up Hulk's desert man cave.
The Leader: I know. I'm sorry. Ever since my gamma accident, I've defined my life by being your enemy. I was jealous of the power you were given, and the love you receive. I was wrong to hate you for my own insecurities.
Hulk: This getting deep.
The Leader: I want to change. To be better. I want to help people instead of hurting. I want to work with super-geniuses instead of conspiring against them. I want to be an Avenger. I want to be your friend, Hulk.
Hulk: Hulk's eyes not get this watery since he accidentally ate grenade.
Reward: 10 Tridents




Get Leader!

Iron Man starts

M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K.'s friends are gathering everything you need to join Avengers Academy.
The Leader: Excellent. When I have my supplies, I will be more than happy to help you get revenge against Scientist Supreme.
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. lied. M.O.D.O.K. doesn't have friends. M.O.D.O.K. will gather your supplies himself with his delicate arms, and ineffectual legs.
The Leader: I'm your friend, M.O.D.O.K. And we share the same enemy...


Recruit Leader!
- 8 Green Torpedoes (Defeat the A.I.M. Battleship)
- 27 Chess Pieces
(Special Event Missions)
- 7 Aspirin
(Collect from the Hoverbase)
- 3830 Tridents



Pepper Potts: Welcome to Avengers Academy, Leader! We're so happy you aren't evil anymore, and can help teach our students advanced chemistry, and gamma radiation theory!
The Leader: I'm happy to be in a place with so many established heroes, and renowned super-scientists.
Pepper Potts: Can we get you anything special?
The Leader: A huge pillow. That's not a joke. I really need that.
Reward: 10 Tridents


Powerful Intellect Pt. 1
Leader starts

The Leader: Director Fury has tasked me with developing a solution to the Academy's frequent invasion issue.
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. has run countless calculations in hopes of solving this problem, and using it as an ice-breaker to spark potential friendships, but to no avail.
The Leader: Keep your head up, M.O.D.O.K. I'm going to use everything in my power to devise a solution...

Leader Heavy Thinking, 4m

M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. can relate to your cranium-related problems!
The Leader: It wasn't pretty, but I believe I've solved all of our problems...
Reward: 10 Tridents 

Powerful Intellect Pt. 2
Leader starts

The Leader: I've invented a gamma brainray capable of turning simple creatures into a superhuman super-scientist like myself. An army of super-geniuses will allow us to fend off potential attacks before they ever occur.
M.O.D.O.K.: More big-headed friends?!
The Leader: Soon, the whole world will want monstrous noggins...

Leader Build Your Army, 3m

The Leader: Apparently, the effect doesn't last as long as I anticipated...
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. loves penguins!
Reward: 10 Tridents 

Powerful Intellect Pt. 3
Leader starts

Loki: They're laughing at you, Peeper.
The Leader: What are you talking about?
Loki: The faculty is using you for your questionable intelligence. The students are accepting you out of the illogical kindness of their hearts. No one truly wants you here.
The Leader: But I'm an Avenger...
Loki: You're nothing but a hideous villain. You claim you're intelligent, yet somehow that's evident to everyone but you...

Upgrade Leader! 5 x Green Torpedoes, 1505 Tridents
Leader Observe Buffoons, 3m

Odin: We generally don't grow as a team by mocking one another.
The Leader: A team? A team doesn't pretend to welcome someone, and then stab him in the back.
Odin: What do you mean? Everyone wants you here, Leader. Your intelligence is valued, and providing villains with a chance at redemption is one of our core tenets.
The Leader: Nice try, but Loki told me everything.
Odin: Loki is the god of mirth. He was only joking.
The Leader: It wasn't very funny.
Odin: Loki's idea of a good joke is pushing someone down the stairs. I eventually had to have our palace stairs removed.
Reward: 10 Tridents  


Brain Teaser Pt. 1
Leader starts

The Leader: What would you think about me getting a sample of your blood. For science...
Hulk: What you think Hulk thinks?
The Leader: Hopefully nothing involving smashing...
Hulk: Hulk love giving fluids for science!

Leader Build Your Army, 4m

Hulk: Leader invention sucks.
The Leader: Thank you. I'm aware.
Hulk: Leader should talk to Pym. Always making crazy things with crazy brain.
The Leader: I could, but I'm afraid he might make my invention too crazy...
Hulk: THAT'S SCIENCE!
Reward: 10 Tridents 

Brain Teaser Pt. 2
Leader starts

Hank Pym: Leader! How are things going for our newest super-scientist?!
The Leader: Reasonably well, but I could use your assistance with my latest experiment.
Hank Pym: Is it a car that talks to you, guides you through any number of tricky situations, and can access secret information, all while being far sassier than the average car?!
The Leader: No.
Hank Pym: Unfortunate! I think I pulled something hoping so hard!
The Leader: It's a gamma ray capable of gifting the simplest creatures with my immense genius.
Hank Pym: Let's attach it to a sassy car!

Upgrade Leader!
8 x Green Torpedoes, 2237 Tridents

RANK 3 

Leader Test Gamma Mixtures, 3m

The Leader: I believe I may have discovered the genius transformation formula...
Hank Pym: Fantastic! You should be happy! I'm always happy! There's an alternate version of me who is always itchy! He's never happy!
The Leader: I realized that I can't use this new formula.
Hank Pym: Why?
The Leader: Because I think someone used it on me. And it allows them to control my mind...
Reward: 10 Tridents   


Gamma Gamma Gamma Pt. 1

Leader starts

The Leader: I need to ask you a serious question...
She-Hulk: Oh geez, Leader. I like that you aren't evil anymore, but you really aren't my type.
The Leader: I'm not asking you out.
She-Hulk: Oh. Awesome. No offense.
The Leader: Have you ever felt like someone is controlling your mind?
She-Hulk: No. I mean, when I first got my powers, I guess I felt like I lost control sometimes. You know, us Hulks and our tempers...
The Leader: I felt the same way. And I don't think it had anything to do with anger...

Leader Observe Buffoons, 3m

She-Hulk: If someone had control of our minds, why would they let it go?
The Leader: Maybe they didn't. Maybe they wanted to test if they did before moving onto the next gamma transformed superhuman?
She-Hulk: Do you think someone is trying to create an army of Hulks?
The Leader: It's possible. I tried to create an army of penguins.
Reward: 10 Tridents 

Gamma Gamma Gamma Pt. 2
Leader starts

The Leader: Thank you for reverting to your original form. I could use the help of a fellow super-scientist.
Bruce Banner Hulk: My pleasure. As long as this all isn't a trick to murder me in my weakened state.
The Leader: HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-H-H-H-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Upgrade Leader! 13 x Green Torpedoes, 3297 Tridents
Leader Forward Research, 4m

Bruce Banner Hulk: I think you're right, Leader. Someone has found a way to remotely manipulate our brains based on the chemical change caused by the gamma radiation.
The Leader: It's my fault.
Bruce Banner Hulk: You did this?
The Leader: No, but I made a massive mistake...
Reward: 10 Tridents


Intelligencia Pt. 1
Leader starts

The Leader: Do you remember being held captive by The Intelligencia?
M.O.D.O.K.: Does M.O.D.O.K. ever! They kept him in a room with a bean bag AND windows! They really know how to treat a prisoner!
The Leader: They constantly move their base to keep their location a secret. Do you think you can use your probability powers to estimate their current location?
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. can do anything for a friend!

Leader Heavy Thinking, 4m

The Leader: I knew better than to trust a cabal of villainous scientists, but I was so desperate for acceptance and intelligent discourse.
M.O.D.O.K.: Now you have M.O.D.O.K.!
The Leader: They were secretly running experiments on me the entire time. Searching for a way to take control of the Hulks.
M.O.D.O.K.: That makes M.O.D.O.K. so mad!
The Leader: I'm done being mad. It's time to get even...
Reward: 10 Tridents

Intelligencia Pt. 2
Leader starts

The Leader: I've attacked you before, but now I need your help against those who would attack us all. They want to control us. To use us. To turn the world against us. We can show them that the world belongs to us...
Hulk: HULK HYPED!
She-Hulk: I better keep an eye on my cousin.
Amadeus Cho: We got this.
A-Bomb: Hey, is something going on? I was eating. For the last few days...
Red Hulk: I guess I'll help you nerds.
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K. SMASH!
The Leader: Excellent plan. Follow my lead...

Upgrade Leader! 21 x Green Torpedoes, 5270 Tridents
Leader Investigate Intelligencia, 3m

M.O.D.O.K.: Who was that masked man?
The Leader: Someone we were lucky to escape even with an army of Hulks. At least we destroyed the ray that let them control our minds.
M.O.D.O.K.: Celebratory fist bump!
The Leader: Am I doing it right?!
M.O.D.O.K.: M.O.D.O.K.'s tiny arms aren't equipped for fist bumps...
Reward: 10 Tridents 


What do you think of The Leader? Any favourite phrases or actions?

Kou. 

No comments:

Post a Comment